By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bucksboy

Here is a list of all the postings Bucksboy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
20/03/2017 19:40:50

I thought that they used Heinkel 111 for that purpose, the Zwilling? They may have used the 110 but I've not seen any pictures of one, I could easily be wrong though.

Thread: Scrap Box Wellington Bomber
20/03/2017 18:05:54

I think that I built it so long ago that I sourced everything from Giant Cod, remember them? I built one and it crashed on take off so I built another one as I liked it so much. I think that one of my soldered joints let go and I lost power in the climb out, I never heard the change in engine tone as it was taking off away from me. I carried on without noticing and it stalled, I thought that I'd lost radio but in hindsight decided it was a stall and nothing responded in the last few seconds because of lack of wind speed over the surfaces. I linked both inners and outers together so that all losses are symmetrical. It uses four 2200 3 cell batteries, one for each motor. It certainly has presence as it flies around.

20/03/2017 11:05:14

Good luck with the next attempt. I see that you intend to move onto the TN Sunderland next, I've built two, they're great.

In the air

Here's mine, it's a huge great fuselage of empty space, very easy to work on. I fitted my floats on with magnets, they pop off if they hit on take off. It is powerful enough to drag itself off the ground, especially if its wet, I normally use a dolly though.

Off the dolly

Edited By Bucksboy on 20/03/2017 11:05:56

Thread: The Warbirds Replicas Macchi C.202 is Landing!
19/03/2017 14:36:43

Marvellous! Looks very good and I'm sure this thread will act as a good advert for the plane when it's offered for sale. Keep on posting!

11/03/2017 20:35:13

Mines arrived but alas, I'm not in the country for a while so it will have to sit and wait. I'm watching with great interest at the builds and photos though. I'm watching the La-7 build too, I've got one of those in the same pile.

Thread: Balsa bashing
03/03/2017 12:01:26

I was at the Kiev Aviation Museum last weekend, is this a Yak?

img_5786.jpg

03/03/2017 09:14:15

After a great weekend in Kiev where one of the main subjects of conversation was the Bf 110, decisions have been reached. I'm going to base mine on a generic Battle of Britain era plane, it may have a little liberal application of bright yellow to aid visibility. Mat is liaising on my behalf as I'm over here but we've both decided to buy every optional extra going. I'm going to power mine with a brace of new Laser 70's and use 3 bladed props as recommended by Jon to cut their power. I'll power my La 7 with batteries but both are ages away from being built so I'm not buying anything yet. Having said that, I'll buy the electric motor from Richard soon in case supplies dry up in the future.

I'm back in May so there will be a box waiting for me I hope, I'm watching with huge interest.

16/02/2017 18:31:21

I've just read your other post on the same subject so I'm in a quandary. Yesterday I was intending to electrify the 110 and Laser power the La-7. I need to talk over the choices with Mat over here visiting me for the weekend. Standby for more vacillation over the weekend. Tough, first world choices.

16/02/2017 03:28:33

Nigel,

I've ordered one via Mat, Model Monster on here, as I work abroad at the moment. It's easier for Mat to make arrangements for everything but as I've posted on the markings thread, we'll be ordering any and everything that's offered from Warbirds. I'd dearly love to bring the box out to where I am but getting the completed model would be impossible so the box will have to stay in the loft at home for a time.

I've not looked to far ahead but I'm sure I'll choose a Battle of Britain colour scheme, the brightest I can find to help me see it whilst flying. I'm sure I'll electrify it too, I've already got a La-7 in storage and I'll pop a Laser in that one.

Bucks.

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
15/02/2017 16:23:10

Myself and Mat (Model Monster on here) have signed up to buy the 110 each, we've agreed that we'll buy every extra offered so they look pretty good to me. We'll have a pair but I'll leave it to Mat as I'm abroad for a while working.

Thread: Who wants a Warbird Replics Hurricane?
14/02/2017 19:55:07

Fair enough, my mistake for not checking before posting.

14/02/2017 18:06:24

Can't you buy the motor from Warbirds? I know it's marketed as being for the Spitfire but it's got to be similar. I'm sure Richard will comment once he see's this.

Thread: Lavochkin La7 - Warbird Replicas Kit
11/02/2017 14:45:28

Dwain, you need two Heinkel 111's to make one of those, that's a He 111z Zwilling.

Thread: Urban myth or not.
11/02/2017 14:41:31

Glynn,

Water is not a great heat conductor, when you put your hands in water and keep them still you take the heat from the water that is closest to your hands. This acts as barrier to the heat from the rest of the water. Once you move you are constantly coming into contact with all the hot water in the bowl and so take the heat for more of the water. So yes, moving your hands in water works better.

Thread: Can You Name ALL These WW 2 Aircraft?
09/02/2017 13:48:45

41 for me, mainly the Russian or Japanese planes was when I had to guess.

Thread: Should you invite drone pilots to your field?
06/02/2017 12:45:30

I agree with Gonzo, I'm very interested in the FPV/filming side of multi rotors but don't want to fly over somewhere without permission etc. So that leaves the only place I could fly without any additional effort is the flying field, I wondered how may times I could fly around the same field before I was bored. Not many was the answer so I've not invested myself. I can see why others have come to the same conclusion. We could host racing though, it's a private site and we could ensure safety.

06/02/2017 11:14:51

We already have members that fly helicopters and drones. We don't allow the two to mix, heli pilots just ask the others if they can fly for a bit. Whilst we have 100 members it rarely, if ever, causes a problems as most times there are only 5 - 8 members present. Most people are interested enough to sit back and watch, it only takes a few minutes. We are also lucky enough to have a smaller are set aside for heli practise so they could use that under the same safeguards as we have for the heli pilots.

We've even offered our site for drone racing but not had anyone enquire but we've only talked to a few people so it might not be widely known.

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
04/02/2017 15:41:32

It's getting a lot worse, I feel that we're at the top of a slippery slope over here, one way leads down a terrible path. I'm work for one of the Non Government Organisations over here trying to stop it. Luckily for me I work somewhere nowhere as violent as Donetsk. I can still hear artillery at night though, the fighting has been ever present for the last two years. It's just been at a lower level that doesn't attract the worlds media.

04/02/2017 13:10:09

Alas, mine will languish in the box for a fair while. I'm working abroad where there's no chance of building and getting the model home. I've already got a an La 7 sitting in a box at too. Still, I'm hoping to bring the plans back here and watch the other build threads from afar.

I'm working in Eastern Ukraine at the moment so I'm limited to a suitcase in the best case scenario. If it gets worse and I have to leave I'll be down to what I can carry in a rucksack. Should it get even worse I'll be leaving with whats in my pockets and nothing else. Still, at least I get the chance to leave...

Thread: A big pile of shavings later!
30/01/2017 10:45:33

It looks great doesn't it? I'm lucky enough to know Mat, he's a a very good builder and flyer so it should look even better when its finished. We've both signed up for the Bf 110 purchase from one of the other threads on this forum. I can't promise that will be his next build, I know there are several other models in the running.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Motion RC
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us