By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brian Cooper

Here is a list of all the postings Brian Cooper has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Grass Cutting
04/04/2020 09:44:35

Leave the grass alone. . . . It will still be there when the Coronavirus crisis has passed.

Thread: rare bear
03/04/2020 10:32:51

That's almost as tidy as my workshop. yes face 1

Excellent model. yes Well done.

Thread: Anyone used the Spektrum AR410 or 620 receivers ??
24/03/2020 10:43:11

Yes, if you only need three channels, the AR410 will be fine.

A mile+ of ground range, and rock solid airborne reception is usually good enough, eh. yes

Thread: Can I or can I not fly?
24/03/2020 10:36:04

The rules are very clear. We are all supposed to stay indoors.

However, flying a helicopter around the living room can be fun. . Very helpful for doing the housework. Well it gets the dust moving anyway.... devil

Stay safe, chaps.

B.C.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
17/03/2020 12:56:44

I was in a local supermarket earlier today as I needed some milk, cheese and a packet of ginger nuts. face 1

Whilst in the queue at the checkout, there was a woman behind me who was of truly epic proportions. She had a bottom which looked like she had two space hoppers stuffed down her trousers. surprise It was a scary sight.

She began to unload her goodies.... She shamelessly placed 7 packets of butter, ten cartons of eggs and an untold number of packets of ham onto the belt. She had loads of other stuff in bulk in her trolley but I couldn't look any more for fear of laughing out loud. laugh

There has never been a world shortage of idiots, but now the idiots are becoming selfish. thinking

16/03/2020 17:32:31

We need a "Like" button for some posts on these threads. face 1

Thread: Fuels Paradise
16/03/2020 17:29:45
Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 16/03/2020 16:09:29:
Posted by Brian Cooper on 16/03/2020 15:42:30:

Personally, I have been using Pro-Synth exclusively for the last 20+ years. . My engines run faster and run cooler on it, plus they still look brand new inside and out.....

Its funny, in my testing they ran hotter and slower.

That said, it was all 4 stroke and i found that short stroke/revvy engines like our 70 and 120 didnt care so much, long stroke torque monsters like the 100 and 180 fell flat on their faces.

Ignoring performance though for a second, it was the washing up liquid levels of fuel foaming and the fact that more engines come back with a certain type of failure on that fuel than on any other that means we wont take the risk and warranty an engine run on it.

It's a funny old world, eh. . All I can say is if the stuff didn't work, I wouldn't give it house room. But having "discovered" it over 20 years ago, I haven't looked back. yes

B.C.

16/03/2020 15:42:30

Personally, I have been using Pro-Synth exclusively for the last 20+ years. . My engines run faster and run cooler on it, plus they still look brand new inside and out.....And I have a lot of engines, and buy the fuel by the case.

However, please don't buy it and try it yourself. . Because if (when) you discover how good it is, you might buy more of it, which will create a shortage, and the price will go up. Nooooooo.... wink

Please continue to use fuel laced with castor oil. After all, deep down you know you like your engines to look like they have been dug out of a coal mine and then dipped in treacle.... and also love changing the bearings on a regular basis. devil

It's a great hobby, eh.yes

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
16/03/2020 10:18:42

I wonder......... if there was a threat of a nuclear attack, everyone would stockpile loo rolls. wink

15/03/2020 15:44:10

If the over 70s are confined to their homes for four months, at least it will remove the multitudes of Honda Jazz cars clogging motorways and dual carriageways at 40mph. . wink

15/03/2020 00:31:19

I was at a restaurant with a friend on Thursday night, and there were only two other customers in the place. . . . and they still managed to get our order wrong. . Lol.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
12/03/2020 23:48:22

Our local club field is not usable at the moment due to it being too wet and too soft underfoot. However, it will probably (hopefully) be usable in the next couple of weeks.

As a club, we will not voluntarily be closing the field. People will be free to come or stay away from the field as they see fit. . Most are eager to start using the field again, and are looking forward to happily inhaling some fresh exhaust fumes. wink

Touching: We are not football players so we don't engage in idiotic, excited, unbridled kissing and cuddling every time someone performs a decent landing. thinking

B.C.

Thread: Servo Arm Numbers
12/03/2020 14:23:30

Yes, the arms have different offset angles depending on which number is selected. However, I am not sure how many degrees are involved. The differences always seem fairly minimal, but very useful nevertheless.

B.C.

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/03/2020 14:46:36
Posted by Martin Harris on 11/03/2020 12:09:45:

Have you tried snow shoes? Mind you, what's a pilot of your calibre doing walking on the runways anyway?

Testing to see if the ground is firm enough to support the weight of a model. . . . It isn't. sad

11/03/2020 11:43:38

My local (club) flying field is starting to dry out but it is still too soft to walk on. Walking on it leaves big, foot-shaped dents in the surface of our runway.

Roll on summer (assuming we get one this year).

B.C.

Thread: BMFA Achievement Scheme Roadshow March 28th, ELY
03/03/2020 23:42:14

yes

Thread: Anyone used the Spektrum AR410 or 620 receivers ??
01/03/2020 17:10:49

I have a 620, and as with all new receivers in my fleet, they get an "old school" type of range test which is real life rather than reducing the power and walking 50 paces.

With the model placed on a small table, about 30 inches off the ground, the transmitter (DX18) is then taken further and further away to test the range. . Keeping in touch with an assistant via walkie talkies, the furthest I can physically go whilst still remaining in line-of-sight is almost one mile. ALL of my Spektrum receivers can pass this test, and this new one (with no external aerials) also passes the test easily. They will go further but I run out of room.

In the air the performance of the receiver has been faultless. . . No complaints here. yes

B.C.

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28/02/2020 01:22:28

I like the idea of a club breakfast meeting. . Nice one. yes

B.C.

27/02/2020 18:43:37

The storms are supposed to be named in alphabetical order. . We have just had Storm Dennis, and now we are going to be blown away by Storm Jorge. . So what happened to Storms E, F, G H and I ... ???? dont know

Thread: Probable scam?
26/02/2020 08:20:51

I had been free of scammy phone calls for years...... right up to the point where I recently upgraded my BT Broadband to a faster sytem.

Yup, the swines sold my personal information to their "interested parties" and, despite being ex-directory AND registered with the Call Preference thingy, the scammy calls began.

I rang BT to complain, and threatened to cancel my contract. They then told me about their free service for blocking the scammers. . . It's strange how they never tell you about this service until you complain... !!

Anyway, after a scammy call, simply dial 1572 and then select Option 1, and the scammer's number will be blocked.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us