By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Braddock, VC

Here is a list of all the postings Braddock, VC has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: ED Engines
05/10/2007 20:14:00

Ron,

Just re-found this thread, you've done a bloody good job there mate, and you deserve all the plaudits you can get.

I have to say that I always regarded the ed stuff, with the exception of the b mk1 and the hornet ( which I still own) as rubbish, much preferring the paws and enya 15 diesels that knocked them into a cocked hat but that's just personal preference and should not in any way be regarded as a criticism of your work.

Thread: Nigel Hawes / Bungee Help !
15/08/2007 11:53:00
Don't want to pour cold water herebut please don't make brash comments re drugs and modelling, it only takes one anti....just my 2p
Thread: August Issue Feedback
08/07/2007 08:15:00
Mike and PM,
The reason I suggested that was my YT cub, same size as the WM one, changed direction that flipping quickly that the speed scrubbed off and she just fell out of the sky.
I had to do it, someone decided to run across the strip just as it got to head height after take off, really peed me off.
Thread: WOT 4 Built-Up Wing
07/07/2007 11:10:00
Chap I know built one (or two?) used the sandwich method to produce the wing ribs, fuz was as OE, tail feathers all built up a la Goldberg IIRC and flew one with an LA 46 I think, if there was a second one it had a 40 fp in it and I don't think the performance was disadvantaged. It was sheeted back to the spar, webbed out with webbing out stuff and had rib caps too.
HTH
Thread: August Issue Feedback
07/07/2007 10:49:00
I liked quite a bit of this month's mag, especially the candour that seems to be creeping into the reviews.
With regard to the cub, short coupled and tip stalling, I think that this should have said perhaps they're more prone to t/s, as in my experience with the yt one it was possible to change attitude/direction v.v. quickly and mine bit the dust as a result, it's probably due to my limited ability as a pilot but it was repaired and lived to crash again; on this occasion I like to think it was rx problems rather than my stupid digits.
I'm not fussed about electric or scale preferring model aircraft to resemble, well, model aircraft and that's why I enjoyed the bush wacker article, after all we can all learn or relearn something valuable from such scribings.
I did get enthused by the cap plan but why the ffffflipping heck PM stuck the engine out like a chancre is beyond me. Dimensionally I think that new saito 40a will fit in no problem but only if I can't get my mate to part with an OS wankel.
Trade account was interesting as was andy ellisons a cert thingy as for the rest it didn't move me much apart from, of course, the readers free ads which has to be the most avidly read bit of all for me.
If you asked me what I'd most like to see included it'd be how to repair artf fus' and a bit of thermal without the electrickery, I'd also like to see an article or two on pylon racing, but only if it's ic.
BTW, it's also impossible to get too many cubs, I have two to finish and I'm looking for a third.....
Thread: July Issue
06/06/2007 16:40:00
Graham, don't think there's much chance of that, I was trying to get a new cowl and fus out of steve webb he said that the model still sells well, all the various colours doing equally well.
Trouble is I've just put my laser in a flair fokker d7 wonder if a saito 82 would have enough go?
Thread burgling now ended.
06/06/2007 07:54:00
My first copy of my latest subscription arrived Monday, I'm sorry but the balance doesn't seem right,too much electrickery for me; the one model I'm interested in, mini-magic, electrified so didn't do much for me.
The article by alex on his *n*a? was quite interesting, I experienced similar problems with a taiwanese copy of an OS 15, but as I'm not a journo got short shrift at my lms. It runs great now but took at least 11/2 hours to make it; there again that was about the length of time that the 4 stroke pictured in the article ( a sample of which I had in my Junior 60) took to wear out.
Liked the article on the rascal 40 too, also the comments in the cub article re the Midget Mustang, with which I fully concur, mine bit the dust following battery lead corrosion, I must get another.
I'm not a scale buff, but was tempted by the spit, though it's not my favourite, has he ever done a Hurricane?
That's my 2p, though there again looking at the mag's title I shouldn't realy complain, perhaps you should bring out a title just for IC users....
Thread: Subscription only
30/05/2007 10:33:00
Why don't you put the whole mag on the website, I think I mentioned this sometime ago. I used to subscribe to an american mag and subscribers could access the whole of the mag plus past issues, RCM IIRC.
It would stop all the whinging so and so's from complaining.
Just my 2p.
Thread: ED Engines
30/05/2007 10:21:00
Might try westons of teynsham in Kent, I know they were selling ed carbs until well into the 80s and the owner is the same now as then. I even think that he acquired the remnants of ed but am vague on that point.
Thread: April issue feedback
30/03/2007 12:36:00
Just a thought, when I subscribed to MAN (I think) they gave me a password and I could access the mag on line, could RCME not do this?
David, I'm a bit like Bomber Harris, Dortmund, Nurnberg they're all the same to me......
28/03/2007 13:28:00
The only articles I really enjoyed was the readers stuff, I mean 4 reviews of artfs 4 pages each andy ellison's was the only one which featured something new ( wing retaining with sellotape). Brian winch, apart from the model technics input was largely waffle; sorry not a happy bunny here.
Didn't read the dortmund bit, never go to model shows any more since they shut down the west sussex one in the early 90s.
On the electrickery front I doubt whether I'll bother, here in east kent the wind plays a large part in whether we fly or not and lightly loaded stuff isn't confidence inspiring.
With regard to aeromodelling, I think the electric brigade are well retro, e.g.building in lightness etc, but it isn't my cup of tea.
I was quite intrigued to see the tiggie added to the plans service, would be good to see an online build......
Thread: WOT 4 AR(T)F
15/03/2007 16:02:00
John Wheeley, the Ripmax Exclaim is about as near as you can get to a wot4 without copyright infringement, if you get one be very careful about overpowering it as they seem to suffer from flutter (at least the two I sw fly did)
26/02/2007 21:28:00
Die cut slots up to 3/32" oversize, packed out with hardwood to make it fit.
As chris says the datums are crucial on this model, get them wrong and it's a bag of sh one t gaps like this don't endear the kit to me especially as I paid more than Ł80 for it.
Fossie also mixes metric liteply 3mm thick with imperial balsa 1/8" which leaves noticeable ridges.
Also the carefully designed adjustable firewall is another case of him having a laugh.
Sorry they've decreased in quality since I bought my first one in 1983. Even the instructions are a shabby photocopy whereas they used to be printed in a lovely seventies brownish shade.......
Thread: MDS 210
26/02/2007 11:25:00
Not new to modelling but new to large models, I have a 1/4 scale zlin for which I have bought a "new" MDS 210 and I wonder if anyone has any experience of these motors, don't want to start WW3, not interested in the negative but if any one has used one some tips please eg best fuel, best prop, best plug.
Many thanks in advance.
Thread: WOT 4 AR(T)F
26/02/2007 11:20:00
I'm halfway through building a wot 4, I have to say I'm appalled by the quality of the die cutting, for the money he charges fossie's having a right old laugh.
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!