By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gavin Livsey

Here is a list of all the postings Gavin Livsey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Help Needed: Which low wing trainer
03/05/2009 19:42:53
Low wing trainer? There's one that I would recommend above most. The Cermark Graduate. Al's hobbies will sell you one for about £100. Might be a bit more than the Black Horse models but you certainly get what you pay for. When I compared mine with a club mates Travel Air the graduate was clearly the better model. I've had two, they've notched up in excess of 120 flights between them and I'm still learning some new moves. Powered with an Irvine 46 it'll go like stink, but when throttled back flies and lands like a pussycat. Even though I've moved on to other models the Graduate is always flight ready at the back of the workshop, just in case.
Thread: The May 2009 issue
04/04/2009 22:18:50
Caption error?

Is it parting shot?

That's an F/A 18 Hornet, not an F-14 Tomcat.

Another great read. RCM&E still the best mag around. Looking forward to a full days flying tomorrow. Forecast for the guys at Boston MAC looking good!

Cheers
Gavin
Thread: YT International Spit - anyone flown?
01/04/2009 09:22:50
Thanks guys. I've tried the site this morning and all appears well.
31/03/2009 22:23:19
Hi

I was fortunate to receive a very nice 40th Birthday present from the wife and the inlaws in the shape of a YT International 1.20 size Mustang complete with an RCV 130. I'd love to get the retracts to suit but the YT website appears to be down and has been so for a week or two. Anyone know if they are still trading? I hope they haven't fallen victim to the "crunch".

Also, anyone else got one of these and can offer any comments on build problems or flying qualities. This is my first "big" model. Can I use standard servos or do I need to use high torque gear? Any help/guidance greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gavin Livsey
Thread: Pick a plane 2009
13/01/2009 20:21:00

Yes, I agree with an earlier comment, no more warbirds please. How about

1. Tipsy Nipper

2. Piaggio P.180 Avanti (different!)

3. Thruster microlight

Thread: The November Grand Prize Draw
01/11/2008 10:13:00
yes please
Thread: EDF noise levels
06/10/2008 21:06:00

Thanks for the replies, although I was hoping that someone had actually taken some readings from their own model. Is there anybody out there that has? I can't believe that my club is the only one applying the 82 db rule.

Scott, thanks, I'll be in touch about a replacement fan even if it only allows me to re-test the model. Will certainly be cheaper than a shiny new model that I can't fly. I'd tested the Illusion in the usual way, i.e 7 metres.

05/10/2008 12:24:00

Hi guys

Having dipped by toes in EDF last year with a Kyosho Illusion, alas no longer flyable due to FOD damage to the fan, I am keen to try another model. My club, Boston MAC, has recently imposed new rules regarding noise and before I spend any cash on a new model I'd be interested to hear your views on the noise levels of EDF models. The illusion was tested and was well within the 82 dba limit but I've since been informed that the meter used was faulty.

Gavin Livsey

P.S Anyone know where I can get a spare fan for the Illusion?

Thread: Fancy a new JR DSX-9 2.4GHz?
27/05/2008 20:52:00
I'm in.
Thread: The May issue Nijuis free plan teaser
20/03/2008 20:01:00
Phwoar ! Gotta get me one of these !
Thread: The March Grand Prize Draw
03/03/2008 20:13:00
Third time lucky......
Thread: The February Grand Prize Draw
02/02/2008 13:03:00
Fingers crossed
Thread: JP Mini Aviator free prize draw
08/01/2008 20:17:00
Gotta be in to win !
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!