By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dwain Dibley.

Here is a list of all the postings Dwain Dibley. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Building Brian Taylors Cessna 120
31/05/2019 19:29:31

Decals.......

D.D.

img_20190531_191651.jpg

Waste not want not EH ??

img_20190531_191707.jpg

Thread: Frog Jackdaw resurrection.
30/05/2019 22:41:04

Bling Bling...................!! smile d

D.D.

30/05/2019 21:08:26

What is she like mate...........LOL

My Decals came today.......................YAY

D.D.

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
30/05/2019 16:58:57

but surely...................shops will be instructed to ask for and see proof of said registration......No reg No quad....

D.D.

30/05/2019 16:35:09

The thread has moved on since my post, but in reply, perhaps I was harsh, but the answers came......... we can all pull together to help the People who don't care for or don't think they need tests. The test will be a piece of wee wee anyway, and we will all sail thru it, no worries. I can take my laptop to the field if necessary for people who have no computer.

Like I said......BMFA are doing a grand Job.... lets support them.

D.D.

Thread: Lidl XL Glider
30/05/2019 16:09:36

They will feel massive to those kids, what joy.....I wish I was six......smile d

D.D.

Funny hats though !! cheeky

30/05/2019 15:27:50

Thanks Nigel. 

I have some decals coming soon, reg no's wing and fuselage.

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 30/05/2019 15:28:43

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
30/05/2019 10:03:08

I see the "Achievement Scheme" to give it it's proper title as a way of getting better at what we do.

A lot of the guys who say I don't need an "A" probably wouldn't get through it. (Ducks Quickly)

I did my "A" in both FW and Helicopter, as I consider it to be helping me, and it felt good when I got them.

I see a lot of things at my club that are dangerous, like guys who don't do pre flight checks etc, and wonder why they go in, flying over the pits, removing glow sticks from in front of the model (through the prop arc) but that's a whole new thread. just saying................ the Achievement scheme gets all this info into peoples heads.

Kens first paragraph sums up the attitude in most clubs, people are in the BMFA because they need insurance, that's it. 90 % don't even read the mag.

BMFA do a great job of looking after us and we need to support them.

Contraversial, but voluntary retirement may help a lot of clubs........Tin hat on.....................frown

D.D.

30/05/2019 09:47:14

Thanks John, Hope you are well Mate.

I will probably see you at Weston Park, are you going ??

Is Halesowen Flyers Club still going ??

Kettle will be on, just remember my shifts LOL

D.D.

Thread: Colinís Spanish Fury
29/05/2019 23:30:07

Well Done Colin. wink

D.D.

29/05/2019 16:35:32

High praise indeed, thanks Martin.... blush

Sorry Andrew767, only just saw your post. Thanks for the compliments. I would like to build a Mr Mulligan. I did have one in the workshop a couple of years ago that belonged to a friend, sadly now departed. We were doing it up, it was about 40 years old and had a Tartan 44 cc twin glow engine in it. We got to the stage of taxiing it around wingless, having got the engine running sweet. I have a pic somewhere.

Whatever I build will be civilian tho, as I have had my fill of warbirds for now.

D.D.

Here you go.

mister mulligan 006.jpg

Thread: Beth's off.....
29/05/2019 09:17:39

Well done and Congratulations Beth................Make the most of the peace and quiet while you can......wink

D.D.

Thread: ARTF tail feathers - what glue do you use
29/05/2019 08:46:23

I have always used a blade to remove covering from tailplane/parts to be glued.

I have used epoxy, C.A., and Aliphatic to glue on tailplanes. Most recently aliphatic on the 120, as I didn't want to ruin the Chrome covering. sometimes C.A. can run and spoil things, and epoxy is just messy.

A tip with epoxy...........Once applied, if you heat it with a heat gun it will run and wick into joints, but will then go off quicker.

D.D.

Thread: Frog Jackdaw resurrection.
29/05/2019 00:18:18

Simpler times Colin....................

D.D.

28/05/2019 23:52:07

I love this sort of thing Colin, I cant wait to see the results. I think the resurrection of old models is a worthy pastime, wish you all the best with it.

I was given a Double Diamond that has similar age, when a club mate passed away a few years back. I refurbished and flew it, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

I hope you don't mind me putting a pic in your thread.

D.D.

img_20170524_101708.jpg

Thread: Peculiar petrol engine idle
28/05/2019 16:32:48

Sounds Good and is nice and responsive. wink

Happy Camper ?

D.D.

Thread: Slite V2 build thread
27/05/2019 22:50:50

Interesting stuff Andy, looks quite complicated, especially considering the translation, but you are making it look easy as usual.

I am loving the eclectic collection of "weights"....................laugh

D.D.

27/05/2019 22:23:18

Nice, I see you like the minimalist look, no clutter. Is that your spot by the magazine table ?

I did test the signal strength yesterday. I left the model in my workshop Rx in cabin, with daughter no 2 keeping an eye out (only the Rx battery connected) I went into the lounge, which is 3 rooms away. the model did not display any glitches or control problems, and responded to inputs. I moved rudder, daughter shouts rudder, I move elevator, Daughter shouts elevator.......................You get the picture...... wink

Anyway, three solid walls between model and Tx and all OK.

I will do more testing just in case, but so far so good.

I will also get video of the maiden. won't be for a week or too tho as it is half term and I have to work from

11.00 - 7.30

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 27/05/2019 22:24:26

26/05/2019 21:05:55

Well I have 7 years max and about 5 min to work yet, but I don't intend to stay slaving too long. LOL

Seems like you need a schedule more after retirement Percy.

Thanks Geoff, What is next on the bench Matey, maybe if you get the bits out and have a mooch, it will get the juices flowing again.

Or maybe it's something you have to do and once it's out of the way you can get going again. With me it was the kitchen refurb....I just had to stop everything else until it was done

D.D.

26/05/2019 20:07:03
Posted by Percy Verance on 26/05/2019 19:53:47:

That's the thing with those Hostetler designs. They're all BIG.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 26/05/2019 19:55:13

I often look on the Belair site and maybe one day I will get another part set and have another go, I also like the Chester Jeep.......in fact I like a lot of them............Oh Dear !!!! dont know There will be more time when I retire LOL.

D.D.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us