By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Nijhuis

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Nijhuis has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Build series - pick a plane
29/01/2007 22:09:00
Do I sense some arm twisting Mr Ashby...Do like the Hornet too....
Thread: New Electric Lanc plan
28/01/2007 21:59:00
Hi Guys,

Lew, from my commputer I have measured 630mm from tailplane tip to tip excluding the fins so there is a 1% error so it sound about right bearing in mind paper plans do expand and contract depending on humidity.

Tony, There are plenty of micro servos about around the 10 mark and any one should be suitable. With regard to the retracts, the plan shows an indicative spring air retract with could be any type. The mini's are the smallest Eurokit make and these were used on the Prototype, so they sound the correct ones.

Tony
Thread: Mk.9 - coming soon!
25/01/2007 22:48:00
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the comments...gives me real incentive to crack on and cross another project off the list!
Barry, the construction is identical to the 46" except the wing spars had to be redesigned to allow for retracts and the wheel wells.
Although it is specifically designed for IC I do reckon the Flight power 40 size set up would work in it ....AXI-4120/14 on a 4-cell 3700 pack and 13x10 prop This set-up pulled my 6lb Sky-40 vertically so I think it would work....I'm sure someone will try hey Steve!!!!
24/01/2007 14:48:00
Hi Guys,

Vince, seen your Lanc pictures and looks fab..well done.

The Spit will have a canopy set and CNC pack. The model still has to be flight tested but based on the smaller version this should be an absolute 'cracker'. I just need a nice day to get some flying pictures.. I'm really pleased with the design of the undercarrrage and retracts, there pretty scale in appearance and availible as a package from Unitracts...so often in kits especally ARTFS, retracts are suggested but not thought through...extremely fustrating!!!!
23/01/2007 23:30:00
Guys,
I have put some pictures in the Gallery of the new 63" Spitfire 'finished' in all its glory. The AUW is only 7lb including 4oz of nose weight, ASP 61 4-ST fitted and mechanical retracts and oleos specially design by Unitracts. 90mm Robart wheels and a CofG 50mm behind the wheels, should I hope have good ground handling (that will be a first for me with a Spit).....very please with the model real cracker!!!
Thread: New Electric Lanc plan
23/01/2007 16:21:00
Vince, Thanks for the comments..I'll try to continue the output but I'm struggling to fit them in around the wife, 4-kids and the daily slog to London...zzzzzz...need to get some sleep i think!!!!.
Using the 2.1:1 will put a little extra load on the motors so make sure you have good cooling and maybe trim another 1/4" off the 3-bladed prop.

Lew, N03 is glued onto the wing skin hard up against rear edge of NS1 & NS2. If you notch out a couple of slots in NO3, just so it 'bites' onto the nacelle sides then this will help make NO3 a little more secure but its really not critical.
22/01/2007 16:02:00
Hi Guys'
Lew, the NO3 on the cnc pack does have a lightning hole because its made of Liteply, If building from the plan without the CNC pack, the suggestion is 3mm balsa and therefore lightning hole in balsa is a bit of a waste of time!..hope this clarifies..

I have re-check the plan scale and with the Plan dept. so I do hope they print it right this time!!!!!

Dave, Each brusless motor does require its own speed controller. Just Y lead all the 4 controller leads together to input No3 as normal. You can parallel the battery connections from each controller to one battery if you wish or.If the controller is non BEC then a separate RX battery would be require.... If the controllers are BEC, then even if you connect one controller up to battery, the rest of the controllers and radio will operate. By the time you have connected all the controllers up they will all be providing BEC power so even if one controller say burns out, three others are still powering the rx and servos

Tony
22/01/2007 00:17:00
Guys,

I'm aware there is a problems with the plan as SLEC gave me a call. As you know all of my designs are done on Autocad so I keep control and avoid the Plans Dept from redrawing it. However when I hand a 'package'over, they do make minor mods ie text, logos etc and it seems in this case the scales has changed....hopefully they can sort it quickly..but agreed it is annoying, especially for me knowing you can't crack on with what is a lovely model. The SLEC Parts are correctly sized though..I have checked
Regards Tony N
Thread: Mk.9 - coming soon!
20/01/2007 00:28:00
Er days I hope!!!!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us