By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for 001

Here is a list of all the postings 001 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Best ever mid-air
19/02/2007 18:00:00
I had a mid-air a few years ago at a club site, I was flying a motor glider with a 0.9 Enya in the nose, along the line of the runway. A Flair Hooligan with a large 4 stroke hit it amidship, shredded the wing & smashed the fuselage, the smaller engine was seen descending in an wide arc into the shrubbery about 40 yards away. I went back every morning for a week before I found the engine which lived to fly again.
BUT the most comprehensive demolition of a plane I have seen (not mid air) was a brand new Aviomodelli Calypso,(Plastic fus.) with a new O.S. 61 FX, brand new receiver and servos. Took off, climbed, turned a 270 degree circuit, dived into the (v. hard rocky) ground with throttle wide open. Trashed the crankcase,tore the carb out. took a large lump out of the BACK of the cylinder head.Fuselage in about 100 pieces, wings into about forty crumpled fragments, nicad split,servos damaged I think the owner saved 2 servos. Cause - not possible to tell because of the damage.
Thread: petitition against pay per mile please sign it effects you all
15/02/2007 15:59:00
I have been paying 'Road Tax'for more than 45 years so I and my father paid for the pathetic, badly maintained roads in this country. Public transport where I live is virtually non-existent.Schools, health care, post offices have been centralised so that for most people a car is essential.
Your taxes are being wasted on all sorts of bureaucracy and committees, not the roads. I can only get to the shops by car (5 miles, 10 for a supermarket.). The motorist (you) is being screwed by the Government,(you pay tax on the manufacture, purchase, maintenance and running of your car). so do not let them get away with even more taxes.(Yes I have signed). In contrast Airlines pay no tax on their fuel.
Thread: We have snow!!
08/02/2007 18:23:00
Don't eat the yellow snow!
Thread: Trim Iron
05/02/2007 23:23:00
SMC have a 12 volt mini iron,on their site look under tools. (Expensive at 19.99).
Thread: Build series - pick a plane
29/01/2007 15:05:00
Martin Baker M.B.5. Relatively simple construction, nice straight edges, good proportions,easy colour scheme, should fly well looks a bit like the Spitfire/Mustang and I know it's one of the Editor's favourites!
AND/OR Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden 'Jack' Which I would build.
Support Our Partners
Slec
Subscribe now
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!