By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for 001

Here is a list of all the postings 001 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Deans plug connector protocol?
10/08/2013 14:59:50

Johnny, think mains electricity socket. The supply, in your case, battery will be female. The motor is then male.

That is because the socket protects the supply from shorting out.

Thread: Airbus Photo
10/08/2013 00:11:39

Thanks Pete, I thought that was correct.

09/08/2013 20:27:19

Found this on Airliners.net. It is copyright so, if this is a problem, mods. please remove, but as it is so good I thought it was worth pointing out.

**LINK**

Thread: Ebay sellers...
09/08/2013 16:16:06

Anyone up for this little 1:1 beauty! ................................................**LINK**

Thread: What's your favourite servo brand?
08/08/2013 19:39:31

I used to like Hitec HS 81's and converted several of them to Metal Gear when the plastic gears stripped, however the newer ones and HS 82's seem to now fail in the electronics quite frequently. And I usually use bigger servos than absolutely necessary so they don't get a hard life.

Thread: Nats 2013 chat, pics etc...
08/08/2013 13:48:01

Sorry, too far away now, perhaps you could do Blackbushe next year? smile d

Thread: Field etiquette
08/08/2013 09:38:01

Make a rule, don't put it in the club handbook.

Criticise a new member over the internet, publicly for breaking the 'important rule'.

Goodbye.face 5

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
07/08/2013 13:13:27

A friend went down to the river Match Fishing.

Caught a box of Swan Vestas.face 23

Thread: Funny spam emails, this one's a corker :-)
06/08/2013 20:13:54

I get used to spam, usually it is my ***** bank account in the xxxxxx bank I do not use, needs adjusting, inspecting or something.

Today it was a request from 'PayPla' that there had been unusual activity on my account. Pity the dumbos can't spell one six letter made up word that consists of two sets of three letters repeated!crook

05/08/2013 17:02:27

At least the dead trainer has got an honest starting price. As for the others well pehaps there is a exchange rate problem with the Yen! sarcastic 2

Thread: HS 85 MG Servo compatibility with AR 8000
05/08/2013 14:06:48

If you are just setting up the model could you try moving the transmitter further away from the receiver?

I notice that this does make a difference when trying to bind. (Just a thought!)

Thread: Its a funny old world
05/08/2013 10:41:37

I have shown this picture before, but many years ago. This was the interior of an 0.40 size ARTF I bought new, from a well reputed brand.

It broke in two at a gentle landing, so I stripped all the covering off. I found that the 'longerons' were not one length of square wood, but divided into single pieces of wood between the formers, some of the formers had open gaps where they should have been glued to the top and bottom sheet.

Most of the diagonal stripwood did not meet the 'longerons' as shown ( in the photo the areas that look like gaps are gaps!) the rest of he fuselage was similar.

I did get my money back after I sent the photos to the distributor. So I won't labour the point. Now if I buy an ARTF I give it a good twisting before installing any equipment.

Thread: Bixler motor.
05/08/2013 09:49:31

I have had a reply. To remedy, HobbyKing say 'I would go for the easier option and glue the motor to a piece of wood'! OR they expect me to buy one of their metal motor mounts. OR buy a different motor - from them of course.

(In the meantime I have had to shorten the supplied rudder pushrod and make a new 'Z' bend in it because it was much too long.) sad

I'm not wasting any more time on trying to communicate with them.

04/08/2013 22:43:39

I had given up with HobbyKing, but tonight they emailed me. They want me to send them two photos showing the plane and motor fitted. Which I have done....again.

Their plane, their motor. sad

Thread: Aeromodelli
02/08/2013 16:17:04

Strangely enough, today I was looking through some documents for a plan and found a Mantua Aviomodelli Catalogue which I kept because I always fancied a Tango!!! (0.40 sports plane).

There is a picture of the Cessna Cardinal 212 cm. span, and the Art. No. is 70077. Don't know if that might help.

There is also a Mini Cardinal 173 cm. span.

I think that a small number might have been sold. The only Aviomodelli plane I have actually seen in the UK was a Quo Vadis.

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 02/08/2013 16:17:23

Thread: Quality Models Cutlass 10
01/08/2013 13:40:31

Let us hope that none of them end up like this-------------

Thread: Bixler motor.
01/08/2013 11:56:41

If I did, take it that way the 6" propeller that comes with the kit would be touching the tailboom. As I thought that HobbyKing might have the manners to answer my many attempts to communicate with them and discuss it promptly I thought that they might exchange the motor for a more suitable one straight away and I wouldn't have to mess about. I didn't know if I was going to be using a 5", 6" or 7" propeller until I tried it with a WattMeter.

The point is that I bought this thing so that I could use the servos, ESC, batteries out of the small stock I have retained and just drop their 'recommended' motor in without fiddling about. If I had bought it a couple of years ago when I had the room and the equipment to do so I would have just adapted it with a block of wood or longer bolts and spacers

01/08/2013 09:31:25

Steve has sent me a suitable motor with propeller, arrived this morning, refuses to take payment. Brilliant. This is an amazing community and forum. starstarstar

Thread: Losing patience with HobbyKing
01/08/2013 08:31:43

The ideal is to have a LMS in every town as there was 50 years ago. Unfortunately times have changed.

Also, I think it is obvious that all local councils do not want small independent businesses to succeed.

01/08/2013 00:45:23

This is a Cambria Instructor kit of the plane I learned to fly R/C with thirty years ago. Wonderful trainer.

Seems to be a bit pricy. ...............................**LINK**

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 01/08/2013 00:48:43

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Subscribe now
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!