By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for RichB

Here is a list of all the postings RichB has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: MFA Chevron 2
21/10/2019 10:46:55

Hi Nigel,

I've sent you a pm.

If the Chevron is still available, I could collect it on Wednesday.

Regards,

Richard

Thread: Build your own telemetry sensors.
02/05/2019 11:58:40

My boards have arrived. Thanks Chris.

Thread: Field mower question
15/02/2019 15:15:36

Just to add my thoughts, our club had a number of ride-on mowers stolen over many years, despite having numerous padlocks on the storage container.

The last straw was when one of our two mowers became uneconomic to repair and we bought another good used example. This lasted a few weeks until it and the second mower was stolen ( one door of the container was dragged open by what must have been a lorry and chains!).

We then decided to use a local contractor to mow the grass and have been very pleased with the arrangement for around four years.

It is fairly expensive (around £2000 a season) as we have quite a large area of grass to cut, but the advantages are :-

1. Every club member contributes to the grass cutting instead of just two or three stalwarts.

2. We don't have to worry about the mowers being stolen.

3. Nobody has to be tasked with mower maintenance and obtaining petrol and spares.

Club members also comment on how well the grass is kept

Thread: PFM / Pat French Models
24/01/2019 11:02:21

I've still got a PFM Firecracker.

I recently refurbished it and fitted it with electric retracts and a new engine but it could do with a new canopy as I managed to crack the original and the repairs look a bit rubbish!

It does fly well and I do feel that there could be a market for the kits. Good luck with the project and I hope you can find a buyer to take it on.

Thread: Modelflying.co.uk Christmas Advent Competition updates!
07/12/2018 18:22:46

I'm really pleased to find I've won an airbrush set. Thanks very much.

Thread: Stripped thread bodge
13/07/2018 12:11:45

If you can't get the thread repaired, then JB Weld would be my recommendation but as Ace said, the parts must be clean.

Thread: Liquid weld
16/02/2018 18:22:54

I've been using Liquid Weld for many years now. I have always purchased it at the shows for much less than the price on their website.

On first seeing the demo, I wasn't convinced that it would live up to the claims made but it really did.

Like Simon Cocker, it is my go-to adhesive for most jobs around the house and modelling fixes. My current bottle has been kept in the fridge for several years and only removed for use recently, but, in the past, I've found it has a long shelf life once opened.

I have no connection with Liquid Weld but would recommend it without reservation

Thread: Need urgent help with my 9D Plus update
23/01/2018 21:13:04

Doh! I can't believe how many times I've read that bootloader can't be updated when in bootloader mode and there I was trying to do just that!

It took a few seconds when I got home and worked as it should (of course).

Once again, many thanks for your help. It really is much appreciated.

22/01/2018 20:44:05

I've followed the instructions and removed the SD card. I've downloaded & copied the .bin file to the card and can then see it in the "Write Firmware" list when back in bootloader mode. If I then click on the "ENT" button it tells me to Hold ENT to start writing. If I do this it says "Writing Complete" but it is still at Bootloader 2.1.6. I've tried it several times with the same result.

I'm now getting frustrated with the darn thing.

Any further ideas?

22/01/2018 18:50:28

Andy48, I think you are correct that my bootloader is faulty, but nothing I'm trying will get it updated.

I've tried the routines suggested in the tutorials including YouTube but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

22/01/2018 14:02:32

I thought I had posted my thanks to all on Sunday, but that post hasn't appeared for some reason.

I would still like to say how much all the responses were appreciated.

I have now upgraded to 2.1.9 but had to do it in bootloader mode which raises another question. Do I always have to disconnect the battery to get out of bootloader mode?

19/01/2018 22:07:45

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it another try.

19/01/2018 21:15:29

I have just tried the obvious of disconnecting the battery and it is now back to normal. I may just leave it at 2.1.6!!

19/01/2018 21:10:34

I have attempted to update my recently purchased 9D Plus 2.1.6. I downloaded the Open Tx Companion and switched into Bootloader mode, connected the USB cable and now the Tx just shows USB Connected. I cannot switch the Tx off and my laptop just says USB device not recognised.

Help! What can I do to fix it?

Sorry if I have been a bit vague, but I am in a bit of a panic!

Thread: Old Warden 2017
03/01/2017 13:27:46

Just checked again and it is for 2017. Thanks.

03/01/2017 13:25:17

Thanks but It's for 2016!

03/01/2017 12:41:04

I can't find any dates for model events at Old Warden this year. Does anyone have any info please?

Thread: 96 quid gloves
17/12/2016 11:38:25

Just received my second pair. I ordered the second pair one size smaller so I could wear them comfortably without the lining.

Both pairs are now a perfect fit, one with and one without the lining.

These are amazing value and the quality is second to none.

14/12/2016 17:01:02

I've just received my pair. What fantastic gloves they are and very quick delivery by first class post. Highly rec ommended.

Thread: What's flying over your house
11/06/2016 21:04:30

A couple of days ago I heard acouple of heavy jets overhead and could make out one B-52 through the haze heading South-West at around 15,000ft. Couldn't see the second one, but assume it was another B-52.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us