By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Essjay

Here is a list of all the postings Essjay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: This is a truely great model shop i would recomend it
25/03/2007 12:32:00
I agree Just Engines are one of the most helpful groups of people I've ever dealt with. They went out of their way to help with a custom "pitts" exhaust for my Roto35 engine for my Cap232. Fantastic service.
Thread: All things flying
17/03/2007 15:44:00
Len, as far as I know France is still limiting the output on 2.4gHZ gear to 10mW, so you will be able to use a DX6, but NOT a DX7 at present. I've also heard that this may change soon, and they may go the sensible route and allow 100mW as we have done. Fingers crossed. Incidentally I think some other European countries already allow 100mW, but not sure which.
Thread: What's the best tip you can offer to new modellers?
05/03/2007 20:53:00
Jez, welcome to the game. When you buy your first engine, make sure you get the the best you can afford. In my humble opinion it means going for a well known make (Irvine or OS usually, but others may say different), mainly for reliability. If you plan on joining a club (very much advised), then find out what the majority use, that way you'll get all the best hints and tips on starting and running etc.
Following on from Tom's advice to 'prop up' the dropping wing, I found the best way for me was to imagine myself sitting in the cockpit, and it soon became second nature.
You WILL have dissapointments Jez, but don't be put off, eventually you'll be as hooked as the rest of us.
Steve
Thread: Futaba 2.4 Ghz Radio
03/03/2007 21:03:00
Why carry more than one transmitter? The DX7 has a 20 model memory. That's more than enough flexibility for me ( and Model Match). I expect the DX9? to be as good or even better, and dare I say as good as a PCM 9X?
Can you also imagine what constant changing of modules is going to do to the transmitter pin connections over time. I'd rather not tempt fate, but as you say, it's only a personal opinion.
I'm also still not convinced the big players, Jr, Futaba etc are necessarily going to go down the module route. It wouldn't surprise me if they just went ahead with complete new 2.4gHZ sets.
03/03/2007 19:53:00
I was going to stump up for a new module for my JR 9X, but I reckon these modules are only a stop-gap before they bring out a full blown 9 channel Spektrum set (DX9?).
As I already have a DX7 I think I'll wait.
Steve
Thread: C-17 Globemaster
27/02/2007 18:09:00
Hi Gary, I watched this first time round on Discovery Real Time Extra, and it was an excellent series.
If you have Sky TV it's being repeated again on the same channel from Friday 2nd March at 18:30, and at the same time each weekday until the final episode on the 27th.
Like the real anorak that I am I recorded all the episodes with a view to editing it all onto DVD, but I've not got round to it yet.
Steve
Thread: Spektrum article March mag
27/02/2007 17:57:00
Hi John, good to hear it's all CE marked. Shame about the duty, but I reckon you've still saved a good 20.00 on UK prices.
Incidentally, these things are selling like hot cakes. I made sure I got mine last week, but it looks from the UK dealers websites, that it's getting harder to find them.
Steve
Thread: What Sim
26/02/2007 12:23:00
I use Aerofly Pro Deluxe for fixed wing flying as there's nothing to beat it, but having tried the new Phoenix sim, I prefer that for heli flying, it's much more realistic, with a better range of heli models.
Thread: Futaba 14MZ a dead radio?
18/02/2007 21:55:00
Malcolm, I believe Timbo has already covered this. If he doesn't mind I'll go over it again. It is not necessary to use the switch harness when binding.
If you remove the battery connection on the receiver and place it in a spare channel, then place the bind plug where the battery was, you can then carry out the binding as normal, and when you've finished, just replace everything. In actual fact this is the way it's done with the DX6 as well.
Thread: reliant robin
18/02/2007 21:49:00
I assume Steve will be reconstructing the whole thing for Cosford this year ? LOL
Truly amazing television, what a laugh !
Thread: Max Model Show 2007 ?
17/02/2007 12:58:00
Hi Steve,
What a pity, I was hoping it would be the new successor to Sandown !.
17/02/2007 12:57:00
John,
Even more to the point, having bought it from the States, am I right in assuming it does not have the required CE conformity sticker for legal use in this country?
Thread: Max Model Show 2007 ?
16/02/2007 23:04:00
Hi, has anyone heard whether there will be a Max Model Show at Wroughton again this year. If so, I would have thought perhaps we'd have seen something by now !
14/02/2007 22:05:00
David, remebering of couse that France still restricts the use of 2.4Ghz to 10mW. This means that you could use the DX6 but NOT the DX7 in France. Not sure about the rest of Europe, perhaps someone else can supply that info.
Thread: JR Radio
30/01/2007 13:44:00
It looks like there could be some new modules available VERY soon, take a look at these guy's in the States:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xtremelink.php
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us