By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Essjay

Here is a list of all the postings Essjay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Vulcan
13/10/2015 12:45:44

I've just checked the Sywell Aerodrome site and noticed the the Blades aerobatic team have a corporate day today according to the NOTAM's on the site, so maybe they've arranged a sneaky display, as I've also noticed the circling turning points around Sywell have actually been over the airfield.

Steve

13/10/2015 12:29:28

I've just checked the tracking on the iPhone app, and it's been circling around Northampton, in particular Sywell for the past hour or so.

Steve

Thread: Vulcan XH558 final flights
10/10/2015 20:20:44

She is due to fly tomorrow between Brize Norton and Bicester, turning just west of Aylesbury. Around 16 miles to the east is RAF Halton, the forces premier training school since 1917, where a great many RAF personnel trained over the years. I'm a bit puzzled as to why they wouldn't have a farewell fly past for the establishment where probably a lot of former Vulcan aircrew were inducted into the force.

Thread: Pylon mounted motors...Bixler
10/10/2015 12:32:46

It's been mentioned before on the Bixler threads on RCGroups, and the general view is that, as the thrust angle is difficult to change due to the motor fixings, most people with TX's that allow mixing is to mix a small amount of up elevator with increasing throttle. Not ideal, but works.

Steve

10/10/2015 10:30:17

I think this is the latest information re: Saturday's flight schedule

image.jpeg

Thread: Disc clean up for pc
09/10/2015 11:03:15

Have to agree with Ken's choice of Ccleaner, but be careful when you download it, or any updates, as they have a tendency to "steer" you towards downloading the payed for version(s), which in my opinion you don't really need.

I combine this with Avast anti-virus, and Malwarebytes for a nice clean PC.

Steve

Thread: Anti-drone death ray developed
08/10/2015 10:48:09

It seems that those who fly drones(quads) in dangerous situations could fall foul of a new anti-drone death ray.

**LINK**

Thread: Sim compatable with Apple
07/10/2015 15:31:08
Posted by vic evans 1 on 07/10/2015 15:24:40:

This relative newbie learnt to fly using Phoenix sim & a Dx6i Tx. I've since tried the PicaSim on my tablet & it's like chalk & cheese.

Seriously , I don't think any novice, even the game savvy young, will succesfully make the transition from a PicaSim type sim to actual model flying with a 'real' Tx without tears.

Phoenix type sims might be 'a little sophisticated' but are as close to real model flying you will get whist sitting in your armchair.

Vic, it's possible to use an RC transmitter with PicaSim. Check out this website.

**LINK**

Edit: I do have to stress that this is for Windows PC's only, although it might work with a Windows emulator on a Mac.

Edited By Essjay on 07/10/2015 15:37:35

07/10/2015 14:52:56

David, I can't speak for Mac as I have a Windows PC, but I do use PicaSim on my iPad, which, for the iPad, I reckon is the best.

Steve

Thread: A new phone scam may be about
07/10/2015 10:48:22

Cymaz, you said in your original post that the account ending in 0809 was mentioned. Did that match your account number?. If so, then I would be very concerned as to how that information came to be in their hands.

Steve

Thread: Anyone with experience of Kolm 4 stroke petrol engines?
06/10/2015 10:40:32

Very nice sound, but why on earth is it compulsory for German modellers to have their throttle "on a switch" except when landing. I personally would like to have heard a varied throttle sound. Galloping around at full throttle all the time does not do this motor justice.

Thread: Weather girl
06/10/2015 10:33:12

? I might understand better if I spoke Russian, but I assume, like most others here, I don't.

Thread: Slow download speed for latest RCM&E on iPad
06/10/2015 00:03:34
Posted by IanR on 05/10/2015 22:11:23:

Using an iPad Air (version 1) with OS 9.0.2 downloaded "normally" - I didn't notice any slowing down at all. Perhaps the slow downloaders should check for an OS update. I downloaded an update, yesterday, but didn't note what version no. I was downloading. I have just checked, though, and it says 9.0.2.

Just a thought.

Ian

Unfortunately my download was also very slow, and I have iOS 9.0.2 on my iPad Air 2.

05/10/2015 21:56:46

Let's just hope that the masses heed the message sent out by the local council at Robin Hood airport next weekend or it could be bad news for her last flights. It would be such a shame to deprive the rest of the country from seeing her fly one last time.

Thread: Atomic clock
01/10/2015 08:30:02

The National Physics Laboratory (NPL) has a lot of useful info regarding Atomic time keeping.

**LINK**

Thread: 3 x 1:1.25 Scale Flying Bicycle Video
15/09/2015 11:16:20

Excellent stuff, although I reckon the chap at the beginning was chancing his arm a bit with the young lady blush

Thread: First ever flight
09/09/2015 17:39:28

Well, I reckon that should have taught some of the "by the book" die hards a very simple lesson in forumese. You can advise all of the correct ideals, but putting it in such a way as to not scare the "bejesus" out of a newbie takes a bit of finesse, which is not always translated in the written word. I do hope Dave hasn't been scared away, becuase I'm sure all the comments were meant in good faith, and all very sensible.

Thread: Youtube, Vimeo and Photobucket videos
06/09/2015 19:40:16

Pete, just to chuck the proverbial fly in the ointment, neither of your videos can be seen on the iPad. Just large white spaces. Probably Flash related.

Steve

Edited By Essjay on 06/09/2015 19:41:16

Thread: Who's going to Much Marcle?
05/09/2015 14:25:27

Taken from the LMA website, HR8 2LX. Looking at that on Google maps it's right on the entrance.

Edited By Essjay on 05/09/2015 14:28:05

Thread: Red Bull Air Race Finals Sunday 17 August 2014 at Ascot.
01/09/2015 22:19:26

Just noticed that the Red Bull Air Race-Ascot is being shown on Sky Sports 2 on Sunday at 7.00pm for all those that didn't get the chance to go (me included).

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us