By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Miketgd

Here is a list of all the postings Miketgd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The component shop
12/10/2019 18:12:36

Have just had excellent service from Kyge and Gareth. I phoned on Thursday pm with a problem, had a return call on Friday when necessary parts were identified and items received Saturday morning. Most impressed.

Thread: Elan 100 Build
07/02/2019 12:55:34

I took my plan to a local photocopy shop and they were able to reverse print it. Saved a lot of hassle for a couple of pounds.

Thread: club drone ban
08/01/2019 15:30:43

The February Digital SL Photography magazine has a section on Drone Photography. Highlighted (page 38) is a "Know the Law" piece outlining the basic laws for Drone Flying and advice to visit www.dronesafe.uk.

Good to see a mainstream magazine putting the message out there.

Thread: Coffee And Biscuits.
12/04/2018 14:09:31

Waitrose had Dark Chocolate Hobnobs (2 for £2) at the end of March. Just about to have the last two! Very good.

12/04/2018 14:08:56

Wait rose had Dark Chocolate Hobnobs (2 for £2) at the end of March. Just about to have the last two! Very good.

Thread: Visiting the UK in September
29/07/2017 19:29:21

You might like to consider the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, near Chichester. Good variety of aircraft, many stories and a Lightning simulator.

Thread: Thank You RCM&E
16/12/2016 18:39:31

10th Anniversary Advent Competition. Many thanks for my prize (Phase 6 kit) that arrived this morning. Big surprise to win and most grateful to you.

Thread: What star sign are you? Is there a trend with flyers?
24/08/2016 10:50:30

Us Leos don't believe in that sort of thing!

Thread: Tangmere Military Aviation Museum
07/05/2016 19:13:58

I am one of the "volunteers" there and love it. We are all passionate about Aviation in some way, shape or form. It is essential to keep as much of our aviation history alive and we do our best to give some value add to our vistors. Much of the Museum is Tangmere related so a lot to learn if you are Bomber inclined like me. As a Modeller I also get to field the inevitable Drone questions! I hope the Lightning simulator was working again when you were there. Thank you for the post.

Thread: Where can I get a edf that will fit a Durafly Vampire
17/02/2016 22:23:26

I got a 10 blade fan from turbines-rc.com in France. I have found them to be excellent with items well packed and quick delivery.

Out of stock at present but they do have a 12-blade fan for 19.90 Euros. They also have some pricier options!

Thread: Weekend Giveaway
09/02/2016 22:53:00

I love reading and sticking things!

Thread: My Spitfire flight
13/08/2015 21:59:38

I was having lunch on Southsea Seafront yesterday when a Spitfire came over. Perhaps that was you. Disappeared off towards the island. Next week, on Tuesday, we have five Spitfires and a Hurricance touring Sussex and heading for the Island. Should be over Portsmouth between 1.15 and 1.30. Looking forward to that (hope to be at Tangmere) and also to my flight with a Spitfire at the end of September over the White Cliffs and Fighter Command Memorial.

Thread: Smaller slope soaring wing plans?
14/07/2015 18:50:32

Bit late - however you might like to have a look at this website: flyingwinggliders.blogspot.co.uk plenty of food for thought there!

Thread: Brigand Boys
05/06/2015 17:25:27

I remember seeing Brigands flying over Bath almost daily when it was based at RAF Colerne in the early 50s. Very distinctive in the way it sat in the air and also the sound. Also remember seeing the Brabazon flying quite low over the city.

Thread: War in the Air
22/04/2015 16:53:28

Not many people had TVs in those days and I remember being allowed, as a 9 year old, to watch at a Teachers house. Lovely lady, who had to put up with a room full of kids, after being with them all day!

Thread: Any recommendations...fiction
08/10/2014 10:28:56

Try Stieg Larsson -The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - and the two that follow this one up.

On a WW2 theme try the Martin Middlebrook books on the Bombing War.

Thread: What's flying over your house
28/05/2014 09:43:33
Posted by David Pearce 4 on 01/05/2014 13:34:18:

I'm glad I started this, great response.

When I was a boy I lived in Chippenham and if I watched out of the front window I saw Comets and Britanias from RAF Lyneham. If I looked out of the back it was Hastings in circuit over RAF Colerne. I cycled out to both and saw the first C130Ks Hercules on delivery at Colerne. I remember seeing 9 Hastings in box formation, lovely sight and sound. Always fancied an RC Hastings...

Do you remember the Brigands out of Colerne?. I also remember seeing the Brabazon fly over Bath. Amazing engine sound .

Thread: Free Glue Grab Weekend
23/05/2014 16:16:24

Great offer. Thank you.

Thread: Flight Apps
04/04/2014 14:20:26

Colin - FlightRadar24 have just released a £1.49 add-on to show Airport Arrivals and Departures!

14/03/2014 15:03:55

Flightradar24 is one of the best. I have it my PC and IPad. Shows you the Airline, From and To information, height, speed, registration and a picture of the plane, plus many other features.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us