By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graham Donaldson

Here is a list of all the postings Graham Donaldson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
24/10/2019 15:08:46

At last I am back working on the Fury. There have been too many distractions over the past few weeks ( and I am away from home all next week as well!!).

The wings have progressed but I still have the ailerons to make and the servos to install. However I decided to complete the cabane and struts before going any further but am having difficulty. Are the strut dimensions as detailed on the drawing correct or do they need adjustment. I think that the rear struts should be longer. Also the jig appears to be too tall by about 5mm. Any advice would be appreciated.

Graham

Thread: Colinís Spanish Fury
01/10/2019 09:00:59

My next job is the ailerons so I will be following your build closely. Things have been slow recently, I seem to get diverted too easily and now we are away caravanning in the highlands enjoying the wet weather! Glad your eye is better. Mine have been a problem recently with some sort of allergy causing a severe itch and swelling but better now.

Graham

31/08/2019 15:51:18

I'm afraid it is slow progress. The structure is more or less complete but the details will take some time before covering and painting.

Danny, the horns and hinges arrived this morning. Thanks for your help.

Graham

07/07/2019 18:15:14

Yes, it was good to meet you and Silver Wolf (now have real name as well). I enjoyed the show and was glad that we changed from Saturday to Sunday. Some great models and more than competent pilots. I’v a lot to learn but fear it is to late!

now off to DEVON for a couple of weeks before the return to Aberdeen.

Might get to Woodsprings next weekend.

Graham

06/07/2019 18:51:38

Not sure where I will be. Give me a call when there. My mobile number is 07979758626

Graham

06/07/2019 08:32:43

My plan has changed and I will be there on Sunday.

Graham

05/07/2019 10:19:34

Will any of you be at RAF Cosford (LMA) tomorrow.? It would be good to meet you.

Graham

29/06/2019 14:27:01

I'm planning to use Mick Reeves wire and turn buckles. I've used them on my 1/4 Tiger Moth and my 1/4 Sopwith Camel. Excellent product.

Graham

Thread: K3731 Martians Fury 1
29/06/2019 14:23:09

Yes, a Brian Taylor Mossie. Its been under construction for over four years. Every time I get to a difficult bit I take a break. This time its the hinging of the u/c doors, but I will get thee sometime!

28/06/2019 21:55:10

Looking good Martian. I wish I was making the same progress, but I keep getting diverted. The latest diversion over the past couple of weeks is the Rota Duo a recent free plan in RCME. Should be an interesting first flight.

Progress on the Fury to date is as follows. Still a long way to go.

I will be away for the whole of July, so no building. However as compensation, I hope to get to the LMA show at Cosford next weekend and perhaps the Woodsprings show as well. We are taking the caravan from Aberdeen down to Devon and back.

Graham

18/06/2019 09:22:31

Just back from a few days away and see that there is a suggestion of meeting at the R C M&E Fly-in in September. Great idea, however I am already booked for the 13/15 September! Anyway I cannot see my Fury complete by that time as I will be away from my workshop for the month of July. What about next year?

Graham

Thread: Colinís Spanish Fury
30/05/2019 09:45:03

I've used meths, paraffin etc in the past but this week I tried Bryant;'s method. I taped the plan against a window and traced the outlines in pencil. It worked well, but did take a bit of time.

My port wing basic structure cis now omplete as well as the fuselage.Starboard side to start. Have been wire bending for u/c and cabane and making the various brass fitting using plate and tube with soft or silver solder. I had a problem with the solder solder as I was probably using too much heat and the brass tube deformed and the wire would not pass through. All sorted now.

Graham

29/05/2019 09:46:55

I just got an email from Nigel Wagstaff. He is still estimating 4/6 weeks away from producing masks decals etc. I recently bought a Silhouette Cameo cutter, so will be attempting to produce my own masks.

Graham

06/05/2019 17:16:08

My Fury to date. Upper formers temporarily located.

06/05/2019 15:56:39

No, Danny I do not have the file. . A copy would be great before I commit to final fuz construction.

06/05/2019 14:29:21

My build is progressing. The fuselage is almost there - I was going to add a picture, but no matter how hard I tried the orientation was wrong. I'll try again sometime. However here is a picture of my interpretation of former F6 against that supplied. How does it compare with your Danny?

Graham

F6

24/04/2019 18:38:13

I’ve used Metals4You many times. They give an excellent service.

Graham

18/04/2019 15:52:57

Looks good Tony. You are relying on the rigging to hold the upper wing in position?

Graham

17/04/2019 20:40:46

img_2106.jpgJust to prove that I have attempted biplanes before, here are a couple of pictures of previous efforts - a Hutson Tiger Moth and a Mick Reeves Camel both at 1/4 scale.

image.jpg

17/04/2019 20:27:43

Danny, I've been looking at the fuselage build. I will be going the electric route as has been my choice over the last few years. I notice that you have extended the basic fuz sides to take the motor bulkhead further forward. Sarik have cut my side as per the plan so I intend using standoffs to mount the motor. This will mean that the battery packs (2No 3S x 5000) will be behind former one. Hopefully that will not upset the balance and require a church roof load of lead up front.

I intended building the wings individually with the centre sections fitted permanently to the fuz. This is the way you are going but Andy S has build the wings complete. Have you any thoughts before I commit?

No building tomorrow as I will be out slope soaring providing the SE breeze holds up. It will not be particularly warm up here in Aberdeen compared to those further south.

Graham

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us