By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Tee

Here is a list of all the postings John Tee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forum weekend prize draw - winners!
10/07/2020 18:43:05

Please cout me in. Thanks

John

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
06/07/2020 12:15:32

I had Hamilton for P2 but lost out when he was given a penalty.

Did Simon do that badly or forget his predictions?

John

Thread: Outdoor Workshop
03/07/2020 16:26:38

I had good insulation in the walls of my workshop, insulation on the floor and topped with chipboard loft sheeting and rubber workshop tiles on top of that. At the time couldn't see an easy way to insulate the roof and that is where I still lose a lot of heat in the winter and get too hot in the summer. My windows face South West and as Geoff says certain times the sun is too bright and hot I have to lower the blind. Not too sure of the best roof insulation as foam is apparrentlt a fire hazard.

John

Thread: Hitec Optima 7 Rx
02/07/2020 21:29:19

Iqon,

Yes ch 6 & 7 are at the opposite end to 1 to 5, next to the SPC plug and data socket

John

Thread: more good service
02/07/2020 19:02:37

Have to admit they are my "local" shop 18 miles away.

john

Thread: Hitec Optima 7 Rx
02/07/2020 18:59:15

Thanks Anthony,

It works on the bench so I thought it would be ok but as it is a relatively expensive model for me!, that I've had for years and not finished until now I didn;t want to lose it over something silly like a battery.

John

02/07/2020 17:59:26

Hi. Need advice for Optima 7 Rx

Ch1 & 5 ailerons ( would like to keep on seperate channels)

Ch2 elevator

Ch3 engine I/C

Ch4 rudder

Ch6 Flaps

Ch7 Retracts

Nowhere left to plug in a battery.

Can't use the SPC power socket as it only powers the Rx not the servos.

There is a "data" socket but no info in the manual as to whether it is capable of taking power.

What does work is to use a "y" lead in with one of the servos and plug the battery in that.

Not sure if this is acceptable practice but is not much different to using an ESC.

Only other option is to buy a 9 channel Rx, I'm using a Flash 8 TX

Any advice/opinons would be appreciated.

John

Thread: more good service
02/07/2020 14:12:45

Yesterday mid afternoon I ordered some Rx batteries From SMC in Worthihg . I paid by Lloyds debit card but the security check failed as the screen went blank while connecting to Lloyds. I repaid with a Halifax debit card - no problems. Usually I get a confirmation email and another to say the order has been sent, but didn't get either. My cart was empty so assumed it had gone through. Checked this morning still no email. 11.30 this morning the batteries arrived safely.

Well done SMC and the postie.

John

Thread: Vailly Aviation/Belair
02/07/2020 09:33:00

I have had a Veron Robot set from Belair. No real problems just minor adjustments/adaptation.

John

Thread: Is the hobby dying/dead
24/06/2020 11:33:15

Tony, the latest OS advert, back cover of February 2020 RCM&E, says that they have seen a surge in demand for medium sized glow motors so they don't think the hobby is dead yet.

John

Thread: Saito 125A
18/06/2020 09:52:35

I won't use the castor fuel agin, I will keep it to free up several motors that are gummed up after using the castor fuel.

Thanks again for the info.

John

edited for bad typing again

Edited By John Tee on 18/06/2020 09:53:15

17/06/2020 23:17:08

OK Bert I will remove it and see what comes out.

John

17/06/2020 20:26:24

The tube extension was about 3 1/2 inches. Not sure how this would cause an engine to overheat though.

John

17/06/2020 20:20:43

I should add that I was running the engine without the cowl for ease of adjustment.

John

17/06/2020 20:19:01

Thanks for the replies. That is a relief. I did wonder about the castor content so will not use that anymore.As I sadid above I do have some syntheitic so will use that from now on.

Bert I only extended the breather as it is a cowled motor ( the head is in fresh air) so didn't want any oil dripping out of the cowl, I knew a small amount of oil would come out but didn't expect what I got today. The engine did get quite hot but I didn't ru it for too long.

John

17/06/2020 18:13:09

I have been setting up a Saito 125A four stroke engine today. Has never flown but has been run before as a short running - in exercise.

Not sure if I have a problem or not. The engine runs nicely,plenty of poiwer, smooth and after a bit of fiddling idles and picks up nicely.

I have used old fuel - age unknown, with 5% nitro 9% synthetic oil and I think the label says 8% but may be 5% castor oil.

The query is that when running with the exhaust on the right of the model and pointing away from the model there has been a thick castor type goo over the left wing leading edge which appears to be coming from the cranckcase breather tube ( extended) as it was blown that way in the prop wash. Have I got a problem with maybe a piston ring letting by? I know very little about 4 strokes.

I have some prosynth 2000 fuel which is purely synthetic I will try next time to see the effect. I have had the motor for some time but never finshed the model it was in until the lockdown.

Trying to get the model ready to see if it will pass the noise test at the field in the next week.

Any advise welcome , Thanks in advance.

John

Thread: cable tidy
15/06/2020 21:16:19

Apologies to Dennis and Gary. I did reply but perhaps I didn't hit the post button, but my reply is not here, so thanks for the info.

Mike, thanks not seen that before,

I did try to order from ebay but even after changing my password and jumping through hoops it locked me out saying a third party was using my account , so went back to Amazon and found a smaller set, so thanks for your help gents. Coming tomorrow they say.

John

Thread: Gone,but not forgotten kit mfg
15/06/2020 14:23:34

I have 3 Pat French models in the loft. From the same period, Howard Metcalf models

john

Thread: cable tidy
15/06/2020 14:20:47

Hi. Can anyone tell me what to search for when I want a spiral plastic sleeve to tidy up longish servo leads please. I have tried all the combinations of names I can think of - cable tidy ,sleeve, wire tidy , spiral etc but nothing comes up on model shop listings. I have found what I am looking for on Amazon but only in large sizes for tv and computer cabling. I have 2* 6/7 inch long "y" leads i want to tidy up inside a fairly large fuselage to avoid a rats nest of wires.

I know I saw a short length in my workshop recently but can't find it now as usual.

Thanks

John

Thread: Dynam hurricane
14/06/2020 10:38:11

Trevor, I have the Dynam Hellcat and my ESC acted that way. I did a factory reset as per a vdieo I was pointed to on Utube (I think) and it was perfect after that. I think the timing was set wrong. My retractsworked but the wire was so soft that even very good landing bent them.

John

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!