By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Tee

Here is a list of all the postings John Tee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
14/09/2019 23:35:10

Second race in a row I have been away so only just seen the race. Well done Flyer for the race and Chris for the league. My best ever position for the race - joint second. who needs an octopus. It won't last

John

Thread: Watts Inside feature April 2019
06/09/2019 16:28:48

One of my clubmates modified his drone years ago to have a "conventional" plane on top of his drone to aid with orientation. Haven't read the article yet so cant compare them.

John

01/09/2019 18:48:56

correction I did get points (according to the Fantasygp site). No spoilers.

John

01/09/2019 18:02:34

Do I gather that having got my predictions right for the first time I get no points because I didn't alter anything?angryangry

John

Thread: The Repair Shop
31/08/2019 17:05:23

Jon. It is filmed at the Weald and Downland museum near Goodwood in West Sussex. I dont think they would allow flying around the preserved/rebuild ancient buildings they have.

John

Thread: Led light controller from dyna
29/08/2019 16:23:33

Darran. It looks as if your controller takes it's power from the Rx. I would suggest that you use a spare Rx socket not used for flight controls ie:- no6 then set up your Tx to operate a switch assigned to that channel if your Tx allows that

What Radio are you using and do you have spare channels?

I'm sure there will be someone with more idea than me along soon.

John

Edited By John Tee on 29/08/2019 16:23:49

Thread: BMFA number
29/08/2019 08:06:56

Simon, as Peter says log into the Go Membership site. All your details are there.

John

Thread: Led light controller from dyna
28/08/2019 22:32:10

I have the Dynam Hellcat which has led in the wingtip lights. There is no controller with the Hellcat, I had to buy an Rx operated switch from Hobbyking. This plugs into a spare Rx socket and has a separate battery. It is controlled by a switch on the Tx. I never actually got round to wiring it up for the sake of two leds.

John

Thread: Brian Winch
26/08/2019 14:29:47

I agree with all the previous posts. Brian's column usually the first to be read even if about things I don't understand. Learnt a lot over the years. Will be very sorely missed.

RIP Brian.

Condolences to family

Edited By John Tee on 26/08/2019 14:30:22

Thread: Broken servo arm screw
24/08/2019 17:30:00

I have never had to use anything and the screws have not come loose (not on as big  engines as the Laser) perhaps I've just been lucky.

John

Edited By John Tee on 24/08/2019 17:30:41

Thread: F!
18/08/2019 09:21:45

Thanks for that John. Got it on my Kindle will try the laptop again later. Problem is obviously at my end. Kept away from news and papers so as not to see the result and watched the race recording last night.

John

17/08/2019 23:51:21

Hi been away on hols for 2 weeks. Can't find any posts for the Forumites F1 league. Last race on 4th August but only have 6 posts in total for that day. Has something gone wrong

with the league or my computer? Nothing comes up in the search box either.

John

Thread: servo repair
02/08/2019 21:37:10

Jack. If you have stripped gears, then Servo shop at Steve Webbs have gear sets for many servos.

John

Thread: Hello from Guildford
02/08/2019 15:49:51

Hi Paul D. I remember flying at Chobham back in the late 60.s early 70's up on a hill near a big stone cross (a Victoria memorial I think) until they put the M3 just a short distance away. Where do you fly now? Keep thinking of going back but I suspect it may be built up now.

John

Thread: Hitec Flash 8
14/07/2019 21:02:41

Thanks RC Plane Flyer. Obvious when explained. sadsadsad. Must be in the manual somewhere I suppose.

John

14/07/2019 19:43:37

Well done to the top 5. The gap at the bottom is slowly widening. Vettel didn't like my choice of verstappen apparently which didn't help me much. My predictions are slowly improving ( hard to believe) and it is good to see others know what to do. My flying is better than my F1 career luckily.

John

Thread: Hitec Flash 8
14/07/2019 19:33:46

I had trouble binding the Ka6 Rx's with my Eclipse pro 7, but no trouble whatsoever binding to the Flash 8 I bought only last week. (have to go into the Spectra menu and select Minima Rx).

One query I have someone may help me with. On the Tx there are the usual trim buttons for the normal four controls on the sticks, and there are two more called Left digital trim and Right digital trim (top centre of Tx). The only reference to these I can find are on page 11 of the manual in a list of icon ID's. Here they are called left/right "non setted extra digital trims" . I have searched throught the manual and can find no other reference to these trims. Can anyone tell me what they are for? please. Thanks in advance.

John

Thread: Hitec Flash 8 Battery Life
11/07/2019 14:49:55

As a coincidence I have just bought one of these Tx's and it didn't work when I turned it on. The charger (Hitec supplied) was giving out 9 volts, the battery 0 volts. Charged the battery for the stated 8 hours and with all the playing about I have done with various settings and model setup's still shows 6.7 volts. Was a bit concerned at the lack of volts but seems to be holding up now. Time will tell. Never used Life batts. before.

John

Thread: Local Model Shops
03/07/2019 17:36:25

My bank (lloyds) want my mobile number so that they can ring me to confirm any orders paid by card. so far I've not done anything, so probably they all will in time.

John

02/07/2019 14:10:27

My LMS is Sussex Model Centre. They are big on the internet and also have a very well stocked shop. Paul will bend over backwards to help and the staff are helpful and knowledgable. I'm lucky in that the shop is on the main A24 (with parking) and I live 18 miles away at the other end of the A24, so approx 1 hour round trip plus time in the shop. Having been to Wings and Wheels this weekend some of the kits I have bought recently are cheaper at SMC than some of the bigger stalls at W/W even when marked up at show prices. I would be lost without them. Yes I do buy online from other suppliers too, but prefer to pop down to Worthing by choice.

John

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us