By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Tee

Here is a list of all the postings John Tee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: July mag
11/06/2018 22:13:15

Mine came a week ago (Saturday)

Thread: Dynam Models?
11/06/2018 08:01:31

I have the Hellcat, bought as my first model with retracts. Had to add a lot of noise weight to get CG correct. Had a lot of problems with the retracts and had to replace the first pair as one would retract but not lower. Still having retrract problems due to soft legs which bend even on soft landings. Not easy to Replace the leg as a harder metal needs a small hole drilled to take the pin that operates the twist and turn action. They retract backwards and turn 90 degrees.

It actually flies very nicely and there is no apparent CG change when the retracts fold backwards. A clubmate has the Hurricane which also flies well.

I would have another model in the range but not with retracts. Looking around for different retracts

John

Edited By John Tee on 11/06/2018 08:03:02

Thread: Electric Motor for 0.49cu in Conversion
31/05/2018 23:35:31

don't know where to get them but electronic timers are available for free flight /contest models. Try shops that sell free flight models? Steve Webbs, SMC possibly

John

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
29/05/2018 08:25:55

Thanks John I will try next race and see what happens

John

Thread: The Pitts Cafe
28/05/2018 18:47:08

Sorry to hear that Phil. "Your a near neighbour" in the Chichester area , I'm up in Horsham. Seems like you've been through a lot since I last saw a post from you. I've got he diabetes but luckily fairly well managed, it's my knees that are giving me problems at the moment. Thoughts are with you.

John

Edited By John Tee on 28/05/2018 18:47:31

28/05/2018 18:00:45

I will have to keep a record of my predictions each race. I don't suppose it is only me but once quals.start I can't check what I did - I dont want to change them but can't always remember what I put, the penalty for doing them too early. I got 2nd and 3rd place but got 1st wrong. Haven't worked out all the bonus points but my teams did well this week. My best ever score. Even better I'm not bottom by a massive 5 points. Normality will resume in Canada.

John

Thread: Parkzone Radian on Phoenix rc5.5i
15/05/2018 20:36:16

Can't answer your question directly, but you say the Radian. Radian is rudder elevator and motor. The Radian Pro has ailerons and flaps as well. Haven't been on Pheonix for some time so not sure if both models are listed.

John

Edited By John Tee on 15/05/2018 20:36:45

Thread: How to pass the time when charging Lipos?
10/05/2018 15:53:52

I have three chargers but everytime I set them up to charge while doing something on a model or reading a mag, one or another of the batteries reach full charge and I have to stop to change the battery. Just get back to what I was doing and another battery reaches full and I stop yet again. Usually while I am doing something fiddly that requires concentration!!

John

Thread: Spring 2018 is here...been flying?
07/05/2018 14:55:10

Hi Peter. Thanks for that, it was suggested on the field yesterday, but I found a metal version on one of my motors in my collection so all ready to try again.

John

07/05/2018 13:02:53

Went to the field to maiden my Veron Robot built from a Belair part kit ready for the club retro day. Did a test glide as we used to in the 60's and broke the prop!! Borrowed a prop and ran the engine up to get it tuned (OS15 not run for many years) and after a bit of tuning and cuts managed to snap the plastic throttle lever as my hand caught it when flicking the prop. As I had no other models with me I was sidelined and spent time watching others enjoying the lovely weather. My first time out flying since last October. Isn't life wonderful?

John

29/04/2018 19:29:36

Well I made it back to the safety of bottom place after 3 reasonable races. Was doing fairly well until the bulls tried mating and it was downhill from there. Been really cold here in Sussex today so will look forward to the heat of Spain.

John

Thread: what grass treatment do you use?
28/04/2018 20:29:50

We extended our strip last year into the farmers field ( not really farmed now) but let out to other farmers for hay and grazing. The weeds didn't last long once we got into regular mowing. Have cut it three times this year and seems to be growing fast as we got three x 1cubic meter builders bags off it this week when we normally get 1 - 1.5.

John

Thread: World Models. From Steve Web
28/04/2018 20:24:16

Just seen Carperfect has started another thread re the renegade. If need be can my reply be transferred?

Thanks John

28/04/2018 20:22:06

Carperfect. I have had a mk1 and mk2 Renegade and both flew well. The mk2 seems a bit heavy to me (not actually weighed it). My mk 1 ended it's life by flying into a black plastic bag which turned out to be full of concrete/bricks after an off course landing. you will enjoy it I think.

John

15/04/2018 16:39:43

My best race score of 131 so chuffed and still not hit my usual bottom spot. Predictions went up the wall but bonus points made up for it. Early season but things look interesting. Don't worry Gary it will get better.

John

Thread: Hobby King
13/04/2018 22:15:26

That's cheered me up, ta

John

13/04/2018 20:10:41

Hi Simon. My first order from Hong Kong via airmail, any guesses at the delivery time?. Tracking was not available when told it had been posted. Last heard of in Singapore and not heard of since. Not in any rush for the bits (battery plug adapters ) but been just on two weeks. Told by a clubmate might be three/four weeks.

John

09/04/2018 00:18:23

I knew Australia was a fluke. Just come home to bottom place AGAIN.

John

08/04/2018 21:38:18

Anyone else having trouble with the Badger site? Takes ages to load the intro and then won't load anything else apart from telling me the next race is China next week.

John

Thread: glow power models?
05/04/2018 10:45:15

Stuart. send them to me for my growing collection.

John

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues