By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Tee

Here is a list of all the postings John Tee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
12/03/2020 16:49:30

This was going to be my year!!!!sadsadsad

John

Thread: Servo Arm Numbers
12/03/2020 16:47:51

I've known about these different angles for some time. First met them on Futaba servos. Very handy for getting the servo arm as near neutral as possible without resorting to subtrim settings. Only found them by accident when fitting an arm and finding the neutral point changed as I put the arm on in a different position accidentally.

John

05/03/2020 00:45:12

Ooh heck. Situation normal

Edited for rubbish typing

Edited By John Tee on 05/03/2020 00:46:12

04/03/2020 13:41:42

My ambtion in my third season of this league is to finish above 14th. if we only have 12 (at my last check) I have achieved that alreadylaughlaugh

John

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04/03/2020 13:28:35

Cuban8. We have the same problem, except we can't get cars ( even 4x4) across to our field. We are 3 fields off the road and the track is passable until the last bend which refuses to drain.we have cut channels into the ditch in the past but to no use. If we take cars that far turning round is difficult. Not too bad if you fly small electric that you can carry as we can walk to the field but anything bigger is hard. Haven't been out myself since October.

John

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
22/02/2020 12:47:28

thanks Dick

Thread: Tony's F-86 Sabre Build
22/02/2020 12:41:01

I've seen the headings for this topic but not been following too closely, but in Tesco today on the magazine rack ther is a magazine dedicated to the F-86. May beuseful for detailing, didn't actually open the mag so no details.

John

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
22/02/2020 12:28:48

As one of the committee that can update info for members on the portal, I can't find anywhere to record members OP numbers. We have recorded these on our mebership database at the moment for internal reference. As most of our members registered through the BMFA I thought there might be someway to do this.

John

14/02/2020 08:51:40

Just signed up

10/02/2020 13:34:52

I will take up the challenge from the bottom as usual.laughlaugh

John

Thread: BMFA
31/12/2019 21:13:52

I have to admit the the problem I had was of my own making, I was one digit wrong in the number I dialled. I didn't use my glasses and dialled a five not eight. Did get through in the end and soon sorted my problems.

John

Thread: Greetings from the land of Oz
24/12/2019 16:19:14

Fleet Control Systems did one as well

Thread: Merry Christmas
24/12/2019 16:17:13

Merry Christmas to all site members across the world.

John

Edited By John Tee on 24/12/2019 16:17:33

Thread: What make is this
21/12/2019 19:23:16

My flush unit- one of the "Clack" valve type, not siphon worked well for about 18 months then leaked as yours does occasionally. After changing it and still having problems I found the tube from the unit to the bowl was about half an inch too long going into the bowl, putting a strain on the valve. I cut it back and has been perfect since.

John

Thread: Fan /Model match ?
15/12/2019 15:20:27

I know nothing about EDF but our club had a noise problem with some EDF fliers and it was reccommended to us that 12 blade fans seem to create less noise,. Just an observation.

John

Thread: Appointment of club committee members
15/12/2019 15:10:08

In our club the chairman does the agenda for committee meeting and he is good with coming up with new ideas to keep the club interesting - special events. The secretary deals with the paperwork and day to day practicalities. I am BMFA contact so do renewals etc. Our field mowing consists mainy of our committee as we are all retired and have been joined by one other who at the moment has been made redundant. We have a "work party" every Good Friday (no flying allowed) subject to weather and usually have a fair turn out to roll the strip, tidy up the club hut and generally tidy up the field. Apart from this day most of the "work" is done by the committee. The club members do, to be fair seem to appreciate the efforts made on their behalf and thank us at the AGM.

This equates to most of the effort being spent by7 people out of a club of 100 + 4 juniors

John

15/12/2019 12:15:02

Should have added that the AGM is always well supported especially this year as we were discussing the CAA's latest news and geeing up those that still have to do the test and register, which was easier in a forum than one or two discussing between themselves

John

edited for bad typing

Edited By John Tee on 15/12/2019 12:15:47

15/12/2019 12:10:50

Every year our committee all stand down. At least a month before the AGM all members are asked for nominations. If there are any ( not too often) there is a vote at the AGM, if not the committe are reelected if they wish to stand again. We have had a turn over of committee members in the last 10 years to keep the committee fresh. Most club members go for the quiet life and let the existing committee carry on ( same as in most hobbies I have found). We did have a minor "rebellion" a few years ago by some members who thought the club should just for them on their terms but that blew over quickly.

john

Thread: CAA registration take-up?
15/12/2019 12:01:44

I didn't do the test but I talked a member through it over the phone as he had trouble finding the right site, he was on the A test site. He read the questions and answered them himself and passed. He then had trouble finding his pass certificate. He got there in time to renew his membership at our AGM

John

Thread: Thanks BMFA
14/12/2019 15:59:12

I'll have to send out a flyer, We have asked on our paperwork for the lasy year but still not always filled in.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us