By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Tee

Here is a list of all the postings John Tee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hitec Flash 8
14/07/2019 21:02:41

Thanks RC Plane Flyer. Obvious when explained. sadsadsad. Must be in the manual somewhere I suppose.

John

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
14/07/2019 19:43:37

Well done to the top 5. The gap at the bottom is slowly widening. Vettel didn't like my choice of verstappen apparently which didn't help me much. My predictions are slowly improving ( hard to believe) and it is good to see others know what to do. My flying is better than my F1 career luckily.

John

Thread: Hitec Flash 8
14/07/2019 19:33:46

I had trouble binding the Ka6 Rx's with my Eclipse pro 7, but no trouble whatsoever binding to the Flash 8 I bought only last week. (have to go into the Spectra menu and select Minima Rx).

One query I have someone may help me with. On the Tx there are the usual trim buttons for the normal four controls on the sticks, and there are two more called Left digital trim and Right digital trim (top centre of Tx). The only reference to these I can find are on page 11 of the manual in a list of icon ID's. Here they are called left/right "non setted extra digital trims" . I have searched throught the manual and can find no other reference to these trims. Can anyone tell me what they are for? please. Thanks in advance.

John

Thread: Hitec Flash 8 Battery Life
11/07/2019 14:49:55

As a coincidence I have just bought one of these Tx's and it didn't work when I turned it on. The charger (Hitec supplied) was giving out 9 volts, the battery 0 volts. Charged the battery for the stated 8 hours and with all the playing about I have done with various settings and model setup's still shows 6.7 volts. Was a bit concerned at the lack of volts but seems to be holding up now. Time will tell. Never used Life batts. before.

John

Thread: Local Model Shops
03/07/2019 17:36:25

My bank (lloyds) want my mobile number so that they can ring me to confirm any orders paid by card. so far I've not done anything, so probably they all will in time.

John

02/07/2019 14:10:27

My LMS is Sussex Model Centre. They are big on the internet and also have a very well stocked shop. Paul will bend over backwards to help and the staff are helpful and knowledgable. I'm lucky in that the shop is on the main A24 (with parking) and I live 18 miles away at the other end of the A24, so approx 1 hour round trip plus time in the shop. Having been to Wings and Wheels this weekend some of the kits I have bought recently are cheaper at SMC than some of the bigger stalls at W/W even when marked up at show prices. I would be lost without them. Yes I do buy online from other suppliers too, but prefer to pop down to Worthing by choice.

John

Thread: Wings and Wheels 2019
01/07/2019 22:57:52

Re Jon's comment about the parking, I thought that this year was more sensible - parking in what was parallel to the runway. It made for a shorter walk to the show (I usually arrive a bit late and used to end up in the overflow field.) and easier to access the exit road. As I said to my wife when I got home it only took thirty two years to get that better. Perhaps the wind direction had more to do with it to stop flying over the carpark.

John

01/07/2019 17:07:24

Jon , point taken. I will alter one thing I said in that as I was leaving there were I think 8 models up and they looked like the Avicraft Panic displays we used to see at Sandown racecourse many years ago - organised chaos. So that must have been a trade slot.

North Weald is now my "local" show as the only other one I know of is at Headcorn (Southern model show?) but I have not been to that one since they moved from Hop Farm as it Is the same weekend as I came back from the now defunct Brean model week. I am in West Sussex. Only managed to get to Weston once.

John

Edited By John Tee on 01/07/2019 17:11:52

01/07/2019 14:53:42

I have been not so impressed for a few years now. I go mainly for the trade stands and the bring and buy. I enjoy the flying but as others have said in the past having a model costing £3000+ is impressive but way out of my league. There used to be a lot of flying of models people could afford but not now.

On the trade side , I only went Sunday so fair play a lot of kits may have been sold on Saturday. Not looking for rock bottom prices but most of the kits I liked the look of were in the £200 - £500 price range unless you wanted the smaller planes for indoor. The bring and buy always amazes me for some of the prices asked. Some planes were in good condition as far as I could see but the prices asked weren't far of what they would have cost new after a few years use. I hoped there might be a 70 size 4 stroke in the bring and buy but every size but 70 was there. one very early open rocker four stroke was up for £150 which was probably near it's asking price fifteen years ago. Same applies to the heli's even the "outdated" i/c ones ( my LMS term as flyers want electric these days).

Still had a good time and bought most things I was after but still took home a lot of money I expected to spend .

John

Thread: Local club attendance
01/07/2019 14:27:48

We are a medium + club with a cap of 100 members and a waiting list. Sunday, the traditonal flying day can be quite quiet, but with the boom in electric flying and the availablity of the field 7 days a week for electric and gliders ( power Wed.s pm , Saturday all day and Sunday am) many members fly any day so we don't get a large turn out except on special events. We are required by the club to sign in anyone on the field flying or not so we see a good spread of members over the week when we check the logbook.

John

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
01/07/2019 14:18:20

Well done Flyer.

Been away at Wings and Wheels and only got back this morning so only just seen the race. Must be my best result in the time I've been in the league, but no improvement in places though.

Shaping up for a good contest in our league. Keep it up lads.

John

Thread: Switching Brand
30/06/2019 18:36:34

Thanks for the explanation Jason

Thread: Wings and Wheels 2019
28/06/2019 22:26:15

I'm there Sunday

Thread: No Auto Rotation
28/06/2019 17:12:55

I stand corrected.laugh

John

28/06/2019 14:00:55

I know very little about autorgyro's but I would have thought you need positive incidence not negative. The rotor would need to generate lift which I can't see happening with negative incidence.

John

Thread: Windmill
24/06/2019 23:12:18

PatMc. I have used the throttle once airborne and it flies a treat just on takeoff with a fair bit of power it has been known to loop on takeoff with a 3s battery. I have a selection of folding props but not sure if any are the right size. The Power10 manual suggests 10" - 12" props but I am using an 8" one. hate to think what the climb rate would be on 10". I could cheat and put an elevator on but that defeats the object. I only put throttle on as a safety feature.

John

24/06/2019 23:11:08

PatMc. I have used the throttle once airborne and it flies a treat just on takeoff with a fair bit of power it has been known to loop on takeoff with a 3s battery. I have a selection of folding props but not sure if any are the right size. The Power10 manual suggests 10" - 12" props but I am using an 8" one. hate to think what the climb rate would be on 10". I could cheat and put an elevator on but that defeats the object. I only put throttle on as a safety feature.

John

24/06/2019 16:06:05

I first flew this one on a OS15 and it was way overpowered using the built in downthrust of the engine bearers. Now using an Eflite Power10 electric motor with an extra 3 degrees of downthrust and still need to put in more, so power is no issue. Did think of putting a folding prop on. It may work I will have to try but the nose is a three inch square (approx) so would need reshaping. Glides nicely without power , just had the problem with prop breaking on landing.

John

23/06/2019 16:11:16

Reset the brake to on and fitted an i/c prop as DickW suggested and tried again today. Somehow got into programming mode on the esc and reset everything againindecision. As I didn't have the programming card with me I flew as was last time. Success I didn't break the prop. Will now reset the brake again.

Trevor I don't think I have a Kavan prop but I did find an old Keil Kraft white nylon prop of the right size in the junk pile so may try that.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

John

22/06/2019 21:52:34

Many thanks for the replies gents. I will try an I.C prop and the brake and see if there is any difference. Sorry for the late reply but have been out all afternoon and evening.

John

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Motion RC
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us