By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pat (rActive) Harbord

Here is a list of all the postings Pat (rActive) Harbord has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Another model ID required
02/01/2016 23:02:36

Agreed: **LINK**

Thread: Small can be beautiful
08/07/2015 15:17:38

My FC board is identical to yours Martyn - Yes that is where you will need to solder a header for the i2c board

08/07/2015 09:07:42

It's alive! - Just made first tentative hovers (indoors with horizon mode on) - I'm going to enjoy this, love the sound.

Props arrived from HK yesterday, which meant I have had loads of time to setup and configure the board. Really need to wait for the wind the calm down before getting outside and really working on the PID settings.

Rx is an Orange R615X connected PPM with only one lead for all channels and aux. This makes for a very tidy installation

Can't make too many assumptions about stability as I'm either in ground or ceiling effect in the lounge - but directional stability is pretty good - just a bit of drift to the back and right, easily controlled with a dab of opposite stick.

I'm running a F450 clone frame - with the Multiwii 328p FC - generic red 20Amp SimonK esc's - 920Kv 2212 motors - 9443 props - I've got GPS components ready to go on once I've found a PC to borrow as I can't find a config app to run on the mac.

££'s to date - around £120

Thank you BEB for driving this thread and for all contributions that have allowed me to stalk around in the background gleaning the necessary info to get up and running.

Ultimate aim is to get a camera hanging under it as I have a potential commission to shoot a friends engineering facility - I can already see this could be a slippery slope, Shahid Banglawala's heavy lift series looks alarmingly relevant all of a sudden.

Thread: TOUR DE FRANCE
07/07/2015 08:26:25

Bind the brick buy turning on the (plugging in) the receiver first, the onboard led should start flashing (bind mode). Then turn on your transmitter in bind mode (hold trainer button on my DX8 - having previously selected a new model memory. Binding should ensue. I'm building the Neuport from the same range, I can't say currently building as it's been on the board for over a year.

A donf

Thread: What's flying over your house
08/06/2015 08:38:15

I saw an aircraft I had completely forgotten about but instantly recognised at around 4pm on Sunday over Buckingham heading South - an Edgley Optica, to far away to see the index. Don't think I've seen one since the early 80's

Thread: Small can be beautiful
23/05/2015 08:10:51
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 22/05/2015 23:42:59:

Absolutely no reason what so ever Pat. Controller boards are not in any real way linked to airframe size.

BEB

Superb, I'll get components ordered then. This is going to be fun.

22/05/2015 22:59:46

Any reason I couldn't use the same controller components in a bigger frame? This thread has provided the nudge I've been waiting for to build a quad. Just thinking a 450 frame would allow me to expand into fpv.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
08/05/2015 13:51:47

As I recall it was part of an installation in Tate Britain. There was a long mechanical production line that was supposed to take the raw components and assemble, then launch a plane every 2 minutes. I don't think it ever worked. There was one single example on a plinth under glass that turned out to have been made by hand. Tate never admitted it, but the common view is the artist was being ironic and it was never meant to work.

Thread: Any experience of this company?
31/03/2015 07:55:18

I was going to ask you for a cheeky discount blush

30/03/2015 20:10:09

Mick, are you associated with unmannedtechshop?

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
29/03/2015 21:33:23

Hmm, I'm going backwards (like mclaren) I forgot to do predictions in the first round and did better than I did today. Cracking race though

Thread: 1/3rd Classic Scale Tiger Moth -
05/03/2015 20:10:11

Looking superb Jez. Good to hear you're all better. Like Danny, I was getting withdrawal symptoms.

Thread: indoor flying is realy coming along
04/03/2015 22:00:55

loving all the scale detail - Very impressive, I imagine it is helium filled. Might only weigh a few grammes.

Thread: Using dope as a balsa sealer
28/02/2015 11:01:41

non shrinking dope is also known as 'banana oil' due to the smell I belive
thin 50/50 and add talc bit by bit, works great.

also second what Dave said, probably much cheaper than dope these days

Thread: Phoenix Online Session
27/02/2015 15:44:37

Session up and running now

Modelflying/rcme

Thread: Horizontal Stab to fus alignment
20/02/2015 21:18:07

A tilted stab is a traditional (and effective) way to trim free flight models.

Your pc9 will want to roll and yaw so the stab is level. You may find a couple of clicks of opposite aileron and rudder will have you flying straight and level, but there will be some extra drag. Better to fix at source if you're feeling up to the surgery required.

Thread: (D) Day tomorrow
14/02/2015 11:07:32

Smashed it this morning - I maxed out on brownie points with a bar of fruit and nut and a cup of tea in bed

I also sourced the cause and unblocked the drains and septic tank (who said romance is dead?)

problem is, she won't come anywhere near me now face 21

Thread: Producing laser cut kits from existing plans, a question on Copyright.
13/02/2015 19:00:32

from gov.com

‘Fair dealing’ is a legal term used to establish whether a use of copyright material is lawful or whether it infringes copyright. There is no statutory definition of fair dealing - it will always be a matter of fact, degree and impression in each case. The question to be asked is: how would a fair-minded and honest person have dealt with the work?

so no grey areas as such, but you only get clarity when you test the law against specific scenarios.

13/02/2015 18:55:40

I agree Erfolf, it all comes down to money in the end

"Your ideas are worthless, unless they are in our employment, then they may have some worth. Which sums up, without money or the backing of a company prepared to fight, it is difficult to enforce your rights."

very true

13/02/2015 18:49:28

You can have 1 copy of just about anything for personal use - I imagine Staples turned you away because you asked for multiple copies? They are just being silly.

Copyleft - absolutely necessary for real open source collaboration, great idea

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!