By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Manish Chandrayan

Here is a list of all the postings Manish Chandrayan has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: S1581 Hawker Nimrod MkI
05/11/2019 13:53:36

Duplicate post, deleted!

Edited By Manish Chandrayan on 05/11/2019 13:54:46

05/11/2019 13:53:34

Another tip on silver soldered steel joints is to ensure that all flux residue is cleaned off.

Best way I have found is to soak the joint in solution of caustic soda. This will neutralize all acid and leave with salt and water which can be rinsed off with plain water. Parts dried and oiled up/painted to prevent rust build up.

Thread: SC 91fs will not stop.
29/10/2019 19:18:06

With the throttle barrel fully closed, the only way an engine can continue running is by sucking in sufficient air from some other opening. Assuming that there indeed is no air leak, it means that the barrel is not fully closed. Have you tried disconnecting the throttle pushrod and moving the throttle arm manually to see if the barrel closes any further and the engine stops? Also make sure that the set screw retaining the throttle arm is not loose allowing the arm to move without actually moving the barrel.

But have to agree with others. You problem is actually a good problem to encounter

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
14/10/2019 11:57:29

Hello! Peter,

Both aircraft sport "Brookland" on them. Looks like services of a common pilot were availed wink

Thank you folks for the kudos. I am relived as this had been a long pending project. Still some odd bits to add and some tweaks to make which will happen in due course.

Can't thank enough all the help I received in various ways from so many folks. Especially you Peter. Thank you once againyes

Chris , the model has a Laser 150 at the pointy end running an APC 16x8

Some more pictures Glide path.jpg

Rear cockpit

12/10/2019 16:24:23

Falcon Models quarter scale Tiggy. Finally saw some air under the wheels for the first time

018.jpg

039.jpg

Thread: Twin glow motors for warbirds?
11/10/2019 12:36:18

Thanks yesScott.

11/10/2019 11:47:57

What props are you running on the Wellington Scott?

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
03/10/2019 08:54:04

I too can not access the Laser web site since past few days

Thread: Laser Appreciation Society
17/09/2019 02:55:00

Lovely looking model there Scott.

I placed order for the Wellington just yesterday

Maybe I could trouble you for some building notes etc

Thread: Morris gas conversion experience
04/09/2019 16:01:53

I have an ASP 160 converted to ignition and run on glow using CH Ignitions supplied parts. I had issues with one cylinder dropping and hence the conversion.

Thread: Irvine 36 - carb - cam screw
03/09/2019 18:46:48

While Don's offer will help you. If it's known BA size why not take a same size screw, cut to length ( per the other one you have) and ground off the lower thread length ( again measuring from the one you are using) and you are back in business. I

made one similarly for a Magnum 52 few years back

Thread: A stubborn cam cover on four stroke
02/09/2019 10:23:33

Deleted

Edited By Manish Chandrayan on 02/09/2019 10:24:11

02/09/2019 10:01:40

Ha the followers are in there, the one towards the cam cover is moving up and down but the other one is stuck good. Tried magnet to pull out the one that's moving but it did not come out. Maybe need to find a bigger and stronger one

02/09/2019 07:37:22

Unfortunately no, the engine has been opened up again.

02/09/2019 07:06:04

Yes, in all probability the cam axle is rusted and fused with the bearing housed in the cam cover and the whole mess is preventing the cover from being pried off.

So, do I drill on the opposite side of the cam cover and then tap out the cam and the cover?

Yes the engine is already disassembled. Assembled everything back to try the pressurizing with air line trick. All it did was leak from the cam cover. I only had a small table top spray system to pressurize, that could also be a reason.

Edited By Manish Chandrayan on 02/09/2019 07:10:22

01/09/2019 19:31:24

In the process of reconditioning an ASP 91 four stroke. The engine was last run about 7 years back and thereafter has been sitting in a box. Everything was stuck and frozen tight. So one be one have managed to get things freed up.

Now need to free up the cam followers and also assess the condition of cam gears and the bearings. For this the cam cover has to come off. While I am able to rotate the cam cover the stubborn thing just won't come off . What's the best way to get the thing off? I am loathe to apply too much force to the ears of the cover as I fear they may just snap.

Thread: Incidence Meter/Gauge Measurement
30/08/2019 19:08:15

Why not just use your smartphone with a clinometer app? These are pretty accurate.

Thread: Programming Graupner HoTT devices
30/08/2019 16:25:26

Subscribed to see what we get

Thread: Brian Winch
26/08/2019 09:09:21

Looks like the folks Upstairs had some stubborn engines that needed taking care and they sent for Wizard of Oz.

He will be missed here on Earth

Thread: Silicon fuel tube rotting?
08/08/2019 12:52:36
Posted by ROSS MANSELL 1 on 08/08/2019 10:13:31:

TYGON appears to be the scientific tube that is impervious to fuels/oils etc...expensive.. Its yellow in colour and has the name every 300mm down the tube to show its genuine.

I have had that stuff rot in pack. The pack had slimy precipitation at the bottom and all over the tube. Instead of investigating what it was I preferred to throw it all off. That stuff will also harden over time when in contact with petrol. Ultimately started using either Viton or PU type petrol tubing

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us