By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for DCW

Here is a list of all the postings DCW has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: R-C.co.uk
04/09/2010 09:18:07
Hi All.

First  order received, good service and at a very competitive price.

TTFN
David
25/08/2010 15:56:03
Hi.

Sorted, order placed.

David.
22/08/2010 10:06:01
Hi Plummet.

Like the avatar, all the best decisions are made like that....

This site had some incredibly cheap carbon rods, useful for strengthening ageing old timers, aircraft that is, I haven't found another site quite so cheap.

David

22/08/2010 08:25:37
This is a shame, for a 'scratch' builder this website had a good range a products all on one website and at very competitive prices.  Too good to be true, I guess............

Edited By David Wright on 22/08/2010 08:26:31

21/08/2010 22:13:49
R-C.co.uk, Online Superstore.

Hi.
When I try to contact the above model shop, who advertise on this website,  all I get is 'INTERNAL SERVER ERROR' . Does anyone know if they are still trading?

Regards
David

Thread: ...And now for something different.
28/09/2009 14:44:33
I reckon it'l do....
I'll bet you get a fantastic view from the full size version. Looks like a good candidate
for a small digital camera set to video?
I like it, thanks Richard, I'll place it in the album straight away.

Regards
David

28/09/2009 13:41:03
Please see album of the same name. This compilation album is open to all.

If you have a model that is out of the ordinary, please send me an image,
the builder's name, (yourself?), and a title and I will place it in the album.
  So far we have such things as the starship Enterprise that boldly flew into a tree and a 'flying diamond!

Any more??

TTFN
David

Thread: Club disputes
28/07/2009 17:03:54
 Hi Guys.

All this sounds all too familiar. You join what you think is a nice friendly club, and then what is a very small element shatters that illusion.

As an ex-member of the Lords Hill MFC in Wiltshire, I can understand only too well the problems that can occur when there are clashes or personality between just a few members. This can spoil things for everyone.

From the 'ashes' of the old club a new organisation was formed. Not strictly a club, but a CIC, ( Community Interest Company), i.e. all profits to charity... No committees, no confrontational AGMs, no discrimination, no 'cliques' and provided you can supply proof of insurance, you can join whatever modelling organisation you wish, e.g. LMA, BMFA, etc.

This kind of organisation is much more 'open', it has to be and you can easily keep a check on where your money is being spent.

See. www.penhillmodelflying.co.uk

Good Luck.

David

Thread: Pterasoarus 2
03/09/2008 21:52:00

Hi Jim.

Sorry, my sketches and building drawings were never made into a proper plan. I got the idea for the model from a picture in an old German model magazine and from the full size Fauvelle gliders, like the AV22.

Regards

David.

Thread: Pterasoarus
03/09/2008 21:45:00

The Pterasoarus as I named it is actually based on a vintage R/C model known as tha Manx Monarch. This was available through the aeromodeller plans service. Many modifications were done, including, elevon control, a small centre section was added and the wings were moved forward to bring the C of G into the correct position without the need for ballast. The fin & sub fin were reshaped and a cockpit was added to give it a scale look. The power came from a vintage OS 60 four stroke. The lettering was a spoof which fooled a lot of aviation enthusiasts. It was also featured in Radio Modeller unfortunately I seem to have lost my copy.

Regards

David.

Thread: The September Grand Prize Draw
01/09/2008 08:21:00

I can remember  a C/L ready built version of a P40. It was powered by a Cox engine and was made of plastic. Still at school, I could not afford one at the time.

Can anyone remember?

David

Thread: Whatever happened to..........
29/08/2008 22:20:00

Hi Min.

I don't think that I can help you much here, certainly some of the names are familiar.

Radio Modeller I do remember. (Almost as good as RCM&E), They were good to me and covered one or two of my exploits very well.

David

29/08/2008 20:34:00

Hi Simon.

Yes I think  you're  right.  Come to think about it, I may still have the plan somewhere, but without that glass fuselage and blue tinted canopy I don't  think that it would look much.

29/08/2008 19:39:00

If you have owned or seen a model in the past and would like to know if it is still available or what happened to it, this thread is for you. Someone somewhere will know.

I'll start it off by asking whatever happened to the Mini Racer....This was a little pylon racer glider, about 1.5 mtr span, foam wings and fibre glass fuselage. It had a flat bottomed wing section and an all-moving tail, it also looked good, unlike the 'f'aomies' we have today.

It also soared well, easily out-performing similar gliders.   any ideas?

Thread: The August Grand Prize Draw
14/08/2008 20:05:00
A little more portable than my 1/4 scale Tandem falke! See gallery......
Thread: Aviation Funnies
19/02/2008 21:11:00

If you think that you are good with radio control..... Prove it !

Buy a helicopter ............................. 

Thread: Tandem Falke
08/07/2007 22:27:00
Hi Allan
Please go to the gallery where you will see pictures of my falke. The instrument panel is an exact copy of Falke G-BARZ, which at that time, (1991), was a bit of a 'botch'.
I have been told that G-BARZ is being restored, but I do not have contact with the new owner. I would imagine that by now it has a much better panel.

Regards David.
Thread: Pick a Plane: shortlist
20/04/2007 14:06:00
Hi guys.

My selection :

Beechcraft Bonanza ('V' tailed version of course).
DH Hornet.
Miles Magister.

Bi Bi
David
Thread: PicooZ
16/04/2007 08:54:00
Hello again.

2 Channel helicopters are they worth it?

Apart from the little PicooZ, and some of it’s ‘cloned’ brothers and sisters, probably not. There is no doubt that the PicooZ type of helicopter is well worth having, mine has been charged and flown over sixty times, ( with almost as many ‘bumps’). It is still going strong and when it finally gives up, it will be replaced.
I recently however, purchased a Syma 300 Scweizer , (an updated Dragonfly), This helicopter is in many ways a scaled up PicooZ, but there is no tail rotor trim on the transmitter, it is situated on the helicopters receiver, the helicopter therefore spins erratically until corrected. It is also very fragile, the motor and the battery pack is supported by a very thin piece of plastic. If that isn’t enough the skids are also attached to the same piece of plastic. This means that with a slightly heavy landing it will almost certainly break, as mine did. I am not sure whether it can be, or is worth repairing.
Not a good introduction to helicopters, true it only cost £38, but that could be £38 towards the purchase of a Honey Bee King!
I would be interested to know whether anyone else has had similar problems.

Regards
David
06/03/2007 19:14:00
Hi.

I totally agree with Graham, 'Who can resist it', when the weather is bad you can still get some flying in!
However when you purchase it is a good idea to make sure that it is the genuine Silverlit article, some cheaper copies may not be as good. If you purchase 'on-line' it is also a good idea to check the Terms and Conditions on the sellers website before purchase. Please see the Silverlit website:

http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/UrgentAnnounce.htm

....and for the full story:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ces2007/low-end-theory-rc-helicopters-want-to-be-free-227943.php

I do hope that this is of use, happy landings.

Regards
David Wright

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!