By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for martyn sharp

Here is a list of all the postings martyn sharp has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BRC - Excellent Service Again
22/10/2010 10:02:23

Here steve BRC

Martyn
Thread: DB Sport And Scale - Cirrus Moth
14/10/2010 13:47:58
according to SWMBO Men nerver read instuctions next she will telme that we car'nt read maps

Martyn
Thread: I've done it ! I've done it !!
01/10/2010 14:45:13

good one eric well done

Martyn
Thread: Medway Model Flying Club
29/09/2010 16:58:55

all done thanks Alistair sent PM with email and other info

many thanks

Martyn
26/09/2010 16:45:26

dose anyone on the forum belong to MMFC one of the members has built a TN Lancaster and did a good blog on it and the forum is now close to new members and there are a few question I would have like to asked .
 thanks

Martyn 
Thread: Club near Blandford forum Dorset
26/09/2010 14:23:07

Look forward to it if there is anything you need or info PM me and i will try and help 
 Martyn 
26/09/2010 13:37:16

we can fly on the camp there is about 6 of us flying there so dont worry to much. I work as one of the SIOs there so i guess i will look forward to seeing you.

Martyn  
26/09/2010 12:33:36
phil are you suituiated near the camp ?

Martyn

Edited By martyn sharp on 26/09/2010 12:34:48

23/09/2010 07:46:56

PHil have you found a club yet ?

Martyn
Thread: Southern Model Airshow
21/09/2010 13:41:02

The weather on sunday was windy and a bit overcast but flyable .
 Martyn 
20/09/2010 15:22:25

We were there for the whole weekend and the flying comment was great i was hoping to see a few more jets and maybe a  TN model or 2 .i picked up a TN Lancaster for a winter project build (which reminds me is there any one from medway flying club on the forum) i did enjoy the mustang flight on sat a bit of a surprise to see him land good through.
 We spent the week in Kent went to the battle of britain memorial at folkestone to pay our respects and the BoB museum at ex RAF hawking's this was fantastic for £5.00 it is full of exhibits it small but we spent 4 hours there well worth a visit if your in the area.

Martyn
Thread: Multiplex Magister
20/09/2010 11:33:59
Eric  I  use a 5000mAH in mine the COG is just sliglty noese down and I get loads of flying time and I roll ,loop and other moves so i guess the answer is yes you can  altrough i use a brusless setup .

good tips in the mags and web.

Martyn

PS did the manuel help   
Thread: Southern Model Airshow
30/08/2010 10:43:41

I like the SMS  its nice friendly show and as for the cost well lets see I go for 3 nights camping  with an electric hook up and there is 2 of us and a dog  and it cost me £58.00 and includes entrance to the show for the 2 day (Friday as well lots going on )  i grew up in the area so i catch up with friends and family as well looking at a lot of attractions going on its cheap the Eden project was £17.00 pp  and it normally cost me between £16-25 per night camping . all cost go up and yes I know wages don't but this is a show where people give their time ,talent for nothing so its good value as far as I'm concerned.

keep flying

Martyn  
Thread: VC10 plans or drawings
08/08/2010 11:00:17

Hi Clive i had herd some one was making a gas turbine version  have you spoken to 101 Sqn  brize norton themselves they might be able to give you the right shade or the code for it when i served on 10 sqn we were ask all sorts of questions from modelers and tried to help . will we be able to get access to your 2.5 meter plans to  build  also a few more details would be nice

Thanks

Martyn
Thread: The voting chat thread
27/07/2010 14:25:12
  I think he ahs just started one i use to use them back in 1986 when i was at Lynham then i use to help out trever at  model maniacs when he own it and  was in church street and still use them now when i go to see my mum ,sister  where do you fly ?.
Martyn 
27/07/2010 13:57:09
Posted by Ackers on 27/07/2010 13:42:16:

My Main LMS is model maniacs (who also have an online side) and even closer is scale gliders, who sadly are in the process of closing down.  I'm not sure either will get strong votes from a sparsely populated area and I suspect many South West model shops will suffer the same way and loose out to shops in bigger cities/denser populated areas.

do you not use swindon model center Yan and rose  normaly has a good stock i use to  live in Calne  
Thread: RCM&E 2010 Hobby Awards
27/07/2010 10:11:23

And the Martyn vote as follows

1. Best high street retailer   Channel 4 models  Bournmouth

2. Best mail order retailer   BRC

3. Best ARTF kit  Sebart shark

4. Best UK distributor   JP

Martyn

Thread: Spektrum experts - help please!
16/07/2010 07:44:59

RW unless i,m reading this wrong you have 2 servos on the elevators and when you use a Y lead they act like airlons. If you use a long servo arm and connect one elevator to the top of the arm on one side and the botton on the other they should move the same way well it did with my Spacewalker .then maunuly adjust to correct saves on mixing and I have got my spacewalker set up with an ar500 
hope this helps

Martyn  
Thread: Dedicated online auction site
26/06/2010 07:54:56

Hi Geoff looks like a good idea,there are  bound to be a few teething problems, there always are in IT no mater how well you plan. I realy hope it takes off for you (yes a pun !) it now in my favorites well done .

Martyn 

Edited By martyn sharp on 26/06/2010 07:56:00

Thread: Home made Aircraft stand.
24/06/2010 17:06:57

Well done Ross i would have sooner paid £25.00 than what i paid for mine all 4 side can be cut for a range on models EG: flying boats need a deeper slots so once again well done a brill idea

Martyn
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!