By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ernie

Here is a list of all the postings Ernie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Protecting a plan
22/10/2019 14:18:55

I get my local printer to make a half , or quarter size copy so that I can have it on the wall fot easy reference

ernie

Thread: Litho Plate Wanted
10/09/2019 08:14:08

Art schools still use litho

ernie

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
09/08/2019 12:51:41

Hi Peter, and many thanks for all those great designs.

I wonder, why we don't see WW1 designs? After all, they are just oversized models. What about something simple like a fokker E111 to start with?

ernie

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
17/07/2019 09:56:06

Hi Danny and the lads, What a bummer, the Fury airframe is sulking on my building board, and I'm sulking in my armchair with 2 broken ribs and a broken arm (right one of course)

So, As someone famous once said, I'll be back

ernie

Thread: Car indicators
05/07/2019 09:10:11

you've seen nothing, it's a national sport in France, we even have a national roundabout chicken team.

The french look on the highway code as a list of suggestions, some ideas to try out on a sunny day. I once challenged my ami Pierre why he'd made a particularly dangerous turn.

his reply?

because I'm French

ernie

Thread: Real metal on aircraft. Is it a problem for radio?...
22/06/2019 10:00:49

Hi Goys, Ive been wondering about this, I gave myself a wee treat and bought a new spectrum AR620 reciever, yes the one with the internal antenna.

The plan is to use it in my half built hawker fury. The problem is that the fuselage is covered in alloy to around half way back.

What do I do?

1 install the RX way back, beyond the tin stuff, I'd have to extend the servo leads a wee bit 2 buy a new RX, and poke the antenna out the fuselage each side 3 any brilliant ideas?

ernie

Thread: Is it now time for cyclists to wear an identifier and pay a tax?
21/06/2019 13:47:18

John, I just cannot see how square wheels would fix things. Even the slightest flat on a bike wheel makes life uncomfortable. A wee experiment for you to try John. Trim the wheels square on the pride and joy in your hanger. I think you'll find that even takeoffs are oh so difficult

And Doc of course you should

ernie

21/06/2019 13:15:04

I am a ultra keen cyclist, and I do pay tax. I pay road tax for my car, which damages the roads, pollutes the atmosphere, causes huge congestion. and can easily kill if I drve it badly.

When Im on my bike, none of tne above applies, yet, I'm still paying my tax, I think I should get a tax rebate for every hour that I spend rolling along.

Finally, riding a bike is a bit like a low inverted pass. Enormous fun

ernie

Thread: Confirmation - The World Really Has Gone Mad......
19/06/2019 23:30:14

heard on the news today that the fine for begging was £1000

ernie

Thread: Transmitter / receiver issues, help needed pls
19/06/2019 23:25:09

Hi Daire, A wee bit more information would help. Normally there is one servo in each wing to control the ailerons. The two leads can be joined by Y connector, and connected to the servo output on the reciever. OR one lead goes to the servo output, and the other goes to a spare output, and the whole caboodle is sorted on the menus in the transmitter.

What certainly doesnt sound right is two sticks. ailrons are always controlled by one stick

what setup do you have

whate plane is it

are the batteries well charged

ernie

19/06/2019 14:08:19

Hi, the order no is 26144 and I dont have a company name, just ernie

I've emailed them re permission, so it should be OK

ERNIE

19/06/2019 13:50:35

Of course, I'll dig out the file and get back

ernie

15/06/2019 09:43:18

Hi David, It's Eric here, Actually Donny, it's ernie.

Yes the etched parts are available from PPD in Lochgilphead, Bonny Scotland. They still have the artwork, and will etch you a set.

ERNIE

Thread: Aliphatic glues
15/06/2019 09:36:14

Hi Gary, I reckon the sanding problem is an aliphatic thing. I do use it from time to time, but only when I need to move things about a bit, as it dries slowly

Why not try cyano, The thin stuff dries instantly, with absolutely no sanding problems. The thicker ones are a bit slower, but no sanding problems

ernie

Thread: S1581 Hawker Nimrod MkI
09/06/2019 09:29:46

Hi All, Any thoughts re position of the RX. There is quite a lot of alloy in one form or another around the nose. I've treated muself to one of the new spektrum recievers (the one with an internal arial)

Reports re range are excellent, even better than normal, but, I wonder?

ernie

Thread: Hi, Iím Tom
09/06/2019 09:20:35

Hi Thomas Wow, a solar powered plane sounds really interesting. It's one of these things that really interests me. Why not let us have some details

ernie

29/05/2019 08:29:16

Hi Stuart, If you let me have an email address, I'll send you several options

ernie

Edited By Ernie on 29/05/2019 08:29:43

27/05/2019 08:42:23

Hi, The wee hen faces forward on both sides, so its two sets of decals. What are you thinking of printing onto?

ernie

27/05/2019 08:28:47

Hi Stuart The background on this is lighter is lighter, and the colours stronger. It's difficult to get exact colours from photos, but this seems pretty close

A wee thought about the other side, is it exactly the same, or reversed

erniefurycockthree.jpg

Edited By Ernie on 27/05/2019 08:30:05

27/05/2019 07:37:43

Hi Stuart

Here you are.

I've strengthened the colours a wee bit. I'm not sure if its better....what do you think. I'm quite happy to pick away to get it right

erniefurycocktwo.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us