Here is a list of all the postings JohnN - Skies The Limit Designs has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.
|Thread: Traditional kits|
Cheers David, I'll bear that in mind. I notice that the wingman is mentioned in the latest edition of the mag. Many thanks.
If you do wish to review one of our kits I would be more than happy to provide one free of charge.
I notice that quite a few people on this thread have commented on the fact that many laser cut kits out there at the moment do not have adequate plans and insructions.
I would like it to be known that all our laser cut kits do indeed have detailed full size plans with copious notes. Our kits also have comprehensive step by step instructions with full colour photos.
To quote BEB:
"but as I say, you are right. If kit makers want to fuel a resurgence they could do a lot worse than bring out a selection of high quality easier kits with very good quality instructions (perhaps even a support website with demo videos and a "contact-us for help" page?) and actually badge themselves as providing "Kits for the first-timer" . Now, there's a business opportunity for someone! Any British manufacturer up for it?"
Well, we are a british manufacturer and we do indeed have a support website with videos. We also have a contacts page and we are more than happy to help people with regards to building and setup of our kits. Many peope have already built our kits with no problems, including first-timers to kit building.
All our kits are designed to be easy to assemble with and produce reliable models with good flying characteristics.
Skies the Limit Designs
|Thread: David Boddington|
Hope you get well soon Boddo, an inspiration to us all, your designs are timeless classics and your input to the hobby as a whole is hugely impressive.
|Thread: Good stuff|
We have now posted some video of the Wingman in flight on our website.
We have been informed by one of our customers that Overlander are currently out of stock of the motor shown on the Sparrowhawk kit plan.
for a range of different motors that will all suit this model.
We have also added some more customers finished models to the website, see:
Just to let everyone know, we now have a new website:
the MK2 version of the Sparrowhawk is out now, it features a more tapered nose making the model look even more attractive.
Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. I try to give our models a bit of character. It would make an ideal first aileron equipped model as it is very stable yet manouverable
Just to let everyone know that we will be attending the Cosford LMAC show this Sunday with the Sparrowhawk.
The sparrowhawk is now availiable as a part kit, just add sheet and strip wood. See our listing on ebay.co.uk for more details (search for sparrowhawk kit).
Skies the Limit Designs
Following a few queries from our customers we have now added a General Information section to our website. This gives details of recomended motors and batteries etc. for the Sparrowhawk. If anyone has a specific motor or battery combination they have in mind we will of course be happy to advise on it's suitability. Details of the standard setup are also included in the kits.
Skies the Limit Designs
Edited By JohnN on 07/07/2009 19:54:53
Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. I had to film the video on a standard digital camera, hence the poor(ish) quality, I'll try and get some better video when I get a mo.
Many thanks David, I used to use Tamiya connectors until I discovered they gave unreliable connections (not good when your reciever is powered off the main battery as well! ), use gold plated 4mm "banana" type now, much better.
My first electric model (many years ago) had a direct drive graupner speed 400 in it. Amazing how much the technology has progressed, especially regarding power to weight.
Just to let everyone know that there is a photo of the kit contents on our website (see above for link) as you will see you get a lot for your money.
Skies the limit designs.
|Thread: New aerobatic flying wing|
|Check out the flight video...|
|Not a bad idea, just in the process of contacting magazines with info and pics so we'll see.|
|Some more information about the kit:|
Leaping Fish-E kit
A 1.1m wingspan tailless aerobatic model for electric power.
• All balsa and ply parts laser cut for accuracy.
• All carbon fibre tubing needed is included in kit.
• Quick and easy to assemble using PVA and cyanoacrylate (super glue).
• Parts interlock for a strong, warp free construction.
• Stable yet agile.
• Servo installation makes fitting and access easy.
• Full size plans and comprehensive assembly instructions (with pictures) included.
• Full house controls – elevons, rudder and throttle.
• Performs loops, spins, rolls and inverted flight with ease.
• Ideal second aileron model.
• Wings can be attached/detached quickly and easily for transportation and storage.
• Large hatches on underside of plane give easy access to all radio gear, motor and battery.
• Battery can be changed in seconds.
• 950g all up weight (less if Li-poly batteries are used).
• 10-15 minute flights with recommended setup.
• Velcro ties, nylon bolts etc. included
• Suitable for geared 480 size and upwards brushed motors. 400 equivalent or bigger brushless motors.
• Suitable for conversion to I.C. (engine)
• Fully flight tested design. Pre flight set up detailed on plans.
• Recommended equipment: Tornado 2815-2000 brushless motor, Tornado 40 amp brushless electronic speed controller and 8 cell 9.6v 2/3A size NiMh or NiCad batteries, 3 Micro Servos and a standard 4 channel or more receiver.
• True vertical performance with Lithium Polymer cells and a brushless motor.
• Good glide rate for easy landings.
|Hello, I am the designer of the kit mentioned above and would just like to make people aware of its exisitence. It is an aerobatic yet stabe flying wing for 400 or upwards sized brushless motors.|
You can get more details at:
and enter the "shop side"
Videos of the model in flight will be posted shortly so watch this space.
Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!