By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for JC

Here is a list of all the postings JC has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Servos freezing
20/05/2012 00:21:43

Gents

Thank you very much.

Martin: it is an opto esc and I removed the red wire which might be a problem as there is possibly no need to as it does not have an in built bec. Then again as it has the red wire is it an opto esc in the first place. I can't check this as my order history vanished on the switch over to giant shark. as did every ones. Thanks.

Pete: The ubec is the one on the first link you sent. I really should read the product description before orderingembarrassed. I have just ordered the one from the second link. Thanks very much. Problem is, I think, solved.

Paul; still no idea what you mean, ex Army WO not a particle physicist.crook Thank you all the same.

Cheers

JC

Edited By JC on 20/05/2012 00:22:18

19/05/2012 23:23:45

Thanks for the replies chaps.

The servos do not bind and yes the problem affects all servos. There are only four servos in the model.

There is no switch harness.

The ESC is a GC purchased RC Max OPTO 70 amp and I fitted a 3amp UBEC.

Paul thanks for the answer but I have no idea what a uf capacitor or spare channel rx bus is.

From what you have said Ben and Pete I suspect the UBEC is to blame. I did not really think it was a servo problem as no one has a bad word to say about them. This is the first model that I have fitted an UBEC to. It is possible that I have made a mistake somewhere. The UBEC is wired into the battery cables on the ESC. I will check to ensure that my soldering is ok apart from that I have no experience of UBEC set up. I did disconect the cable from the ESC RX plug as per the instructions.

The battery in use was a 6 cell lipo I'm not sure but is the UBEC strong enought to cope with 6 cells?

Thanks

JC

19/05/2012 22:10:28

Hi Guys, Help!!!

I have fitted Tower Pro 5010 standard servos from GS into my 1.6m Zlin. I use a Futaba 7C 2.4 radio with a Futaba rx. The aircraft is electric powered.

At the field today ready for the first flight but the servos kept locking up for a second then would work fine then lock up again. This occurred when moving the sticks back and forth during pre flight checks.

Any ideas? There are no negative reviews posted on GS for these servos.

I have never had this problem before and the radio flew other models today without issue.

Cheers

JC

Thread: GiantShark
15/05/2012 20:40:57

I just placed an order for a FASST FrSky Rx. 20 quid plus 3.40 delivery to Germany smiley. If you want it insured then it is a lot more. That is however par for the course. I must say that the payment process was much smoother than before. very slick. So far so good.

Thread: Medical or psychological problem ??
11/05/2012 20:56:56

Get well soon Myron.

Thread: P-40 found in desert.
11/05/2012 20:49:36

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning. We will remember them.

Thread: Goodbye Giant Cod
11/05/2012 09:08:44

The prices on some items have allready shot up. As previously stated on another thread the Frsky FASST RX jumped by about 14 quid. angry

Thread: She'll never fly......
09/05/2012 23:14:11

LOL!!!!!!!!

Thread: GiantShark (Formerly GiantCod)
09/05/2012 23:11:54

Huge price hikes, HK all the way from now on.

Thread: selecting a motor, esc and batterys
08/05/2012 19:23:09

Hi Chris

As Ken says is it worth it. It would radically change the CofG and the model may not fly well afterwards unless it was designed for electric in the first place.

JC

Thread: OS 56a cutting out
06/05/2012 12:03:03

Hi Chris

Is the engine new? was it running ok before? are you using the correct type of glow plug for the engine? The experts on the forum will need this sort of info so they can offer advice. The last thing you should do is adjust the mixture screw. It is normally something else wrong and not the idle mixture if the engine is transitioning ok.

I had a the same problem with an SC 70 4 stroke last season after much messing (weeks) around it transpired that I had the wrong type of glow plug fitted. 4 strokes must have a 4 stroke plug fitted or they will display the symptons you mention. Also check the obvious first, fuel lines, is everthing tight, no loose bolts, exhaust ect.

Cheers

JC

JC

Thread: 3 blade props
05/05/2012 13:39:34

Pat Mc

Thanks but I think I will stick to the rule of thumb and the chart. I have the mathematical ability of a chimpanze.

Cheers

JC

04/05/2012 19:26:08

Thank you BEB. That was fast yes

JC

Thread: Members Map
04/05/2012 19:23:44

Bonjour, I did't look that far southembarrassed

Thread: 3 blade props
04/05/2012 19:21:02

Hi guys

what is the rule for selecting a 3 bladed prop? If a given engines documentation says that it will swing a 11x6 how do you work out what size of three blade it can swing?

Cheers

JC

Thread: Members Map
04/05/2012 18:48:30

The first on mainland Europe? Nolaugh I now see the other guys in Germany. 

Edited By JC on 04/05/2012 18:51:12

Thread: Just performed the best landing of my life!!
02/05/2012 23:32:03

Well done Gary. I still struggle with landings.

Edited By JC on 02/05/2012 23:32:22

Thread: Why do models screw out of a loop?
02/05/2012 23:25:42

embarrassedC of G wrong. Sorry ignore that read roll not loop.

Edited By JC on 02/05/2012 23:27:47

Edited By JC on 02/05/2012 23:28:39

Thread: Tragic story
02/05/2012 23:23:56

Regardless of when this tragedy occured, if the pilot was insured or not, if safety checks were carried out or if the model was considered a 'toy' or a 'proper model' we should not be flying anywhere near the general public period!!!

Models, regardless of how well they are maintained or checked before flight, can suffer from component, engine or pilot failure. If the model was being flown at a flying field away from a population center, regardless of the size the chances of this happening would be greatly reduced.

I'm shocked that anyone would fly an IC model anywhere near a public park. Even a small electric foamy is capable of causing serious injury or worse to a young child.

Edited By JC on 02/05/2012 23:38:09

Thread: It's such a shame
30/04/2012 23:22:19

I have to agree. kits are too exspensive. A kit should be cheaper than the equivilent ARTF but I have found this not to be the case.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us