By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for JC

Here is a list of all the postings JC has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Good day UK
22/04/2012 12:40:02

Welcome from Germany (ex pat). Suffering from April showers here too.

Thread: kings lynn model shop
19/04/2012 15:19:04

Similar problem when I tried to use them a year or so ago. They could not deliver to a BFPO address. No idea why as BFPO address is a UK post code. Their courier just delivers the order to the main depot in the UK and the military take it from there. Its not as if BFPO is some thing new.

Thread: Cyno Activator--that does not STINK!
03/04/2012 21:01:38

Not sure if you can get it in the UK but I use Hype 'Fix It'. It actually smells quite nice. Much better than the other sprays available. You should be able to find it at www.hype-rc.de. I'm sure that Hype stuff is available in the UK. It also works very well.

item number:095-0050

Thread: Planets out tonight
08/03/2012 02:04:25

Venus and Jupiter are very prominent in the western sky just after sunset and Jupiter looked very nice through my 6'' reflector yesterday evening. Four of its moons were clearly visible. Venus slightly lower and to the north is much brighter. Because of its magnitude of about -4 its very diffiicult to get a good view of it without a filter. If we finally get another clear night here in northern Germany I will try to get a look at Saturn and Mars. I may even get some flying in soon if the weather improves,

Thread: The Electric Flight Database
09/02/2012 17:39:28
Fantastic idea and extremely useful.

Thread: What's your favourite ARTF brand?
01/02/2012 22:38:16
Seagull with Black Horse a close second.

Probably made in the same factory anyway. Apart from the under carriage mounts which disintegrate with anything other than a perfect landing on a BH.

Mind you I have two Kyosho 40 size war birds which fly very well. But seagull still get my
 vote.

JC

Edited By JC on 01/02/2012 22:38:52

Thread: wood props for electric motors
01/02/2012 08:59:27
Thanks Guys

cheers

JC
31/01/2012 23:19:55
Hi Guys

I was not sure where to place this so I'm sorry if I have got it wrong.  Anyone know of an on-line shop where I can get a 9x4 wooden prop for my JP (Green models) Camel. I have looked everywhere but to no avail. Plastic slow fly props are in abundance but I cannot find a wooden prop in this size. The model really needs a wooden prop. 

cheers

JC

Edited By JC on 31/01/2012 23:22:26

Thread: Tony Nijhuis 45" spitfire build (first for donkys years!)
22/01/2012 22:12:22
Very good build blog. I have enjoyed reading it very much. I look forward to the rest and seeing the finished job.

Nice work
Thread: The German
12/01/2012 20:18:33
A great post and a good find. Very enjoyable. The flying sequences are very cool.

Thanks
Thread: Prop size for SC 52FS in a warbird?
22/11/2011 21:34:48
I use a Graupner 11x6 on an SC 52 fs fitted to my Travel Air. I have no idea with regards to the rpm but it gets off the deck in about 20 feet and I'm seriously worried that it might pull the wing off.

Not overly helpful I know but it makes me smile.
Thread: 60 size 2stroke.
22/11/2011 21:25:42
I have an SC 61 that is several years old and it runs like a dream. My 70'' Stik flies very well with it on a 13'' prop. It all come down to budget.

OS are excellent and if I had the money I would use them every time. For the money you can't go wrong with an SC. I have several and all are good.

Thread: Plastic/Nylon mounts.
22/11/2011 21:09:30
I'm no engineer but the guys at my club would have a fit if I suggested using self tapping screws to mount an engine and would not, in all probability, let me fly. But far more experienced modellers than me (see above) do.

I would not feel happy using screws considering the stresses placed on them by an electric starter and vibration from the engine. I always use allen bolts, nylock nuts,washers and lock tight. The size depends on the size of the mount / engine.

This also has the advantage that if you have to remove / replace the engine for what ever reason you can re-use the mount. Screws will never go back in again and remain tight. You would need a new mount

Thread: New to R/C modelling
22/11/2011 20:45:41
Welcome Dan

nothing to add but hello and you wont go far wrong when using this forum. The guys have helped me no end over the last couple of years.

regards

JC
Thread: back to basics
08/07/2011 10:51:54
A cautionary tale with regards to carrying out correct pre flight checks.

I swapped the RX in my Travel Air recently and flew the model last night for the fist time with the new RX. It was not a long flight.

On starting the engine it immediatley ran at full throttle. Strange I thought, pushed the stick to full throttle and it went to idle. The servo needed reversing. I should of realised then. Engine now running fine a quick wiggle of the sticks, all surfaces moving, lovely.

Across the patch she went, started to lift off on her own, a gentle pull on the elevator and in she went. Full throttle back into the deck. Off came the landing gear and the wings. Repairable and thank goodness I was on my own so no ribbing from the guys for being a complete prat.

I had checked that the surfaces moved but not that they moved in the correct direction. A basic check that I failed to carry out correctly. It could have ben a lot worse.

We have a saying in my job' never short cut drills' never a truer word said.
Thread: ASP 70 4 stroke throttle problem
08/07/2011 08:30:30
I would have to agree with Ian on this one. I'm no expert but I have just spent weeks trying to get an SC 70fs to run (same engine as ASP). Three turns out on an engine that has been run in is too much. The fact that it won't transition from idle to full throttle indicates mixture problem. The factory setting for the low speed needle on this engine is acheived by screwing out the idle needle completely and then turning it back in 4 turns. this will give you the starting point.

i know this thread is quite old now but mabey this post will help someone else. I hope yours is now sorted vernon.

JC
Thread: SC 70fs idle trouble
05/07/2011 21:56:36
Thank you to you all for all the replies. Problem solved. An F type plug and it runs perfectly. Its fitted to the front of my Stik and I spent a very pleasant evening up the patch chucking it about.

Thanks

Jon
13/06/2011 18:44:33
Thanks Martin. No problems DW. Its always good to get as much info as possible. Its still wont idle I shall give it another go tomorrow.

JC
11/06/2011 21:51:26
Not sure what you mean. The engine runs well at full throttle but will not idle.
11/06/2011 12:51:32
The small screw in the center of the throttle arm directly opposite to the high speed (main) needle.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us