By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Danny Fenton

Here is a list of all the postings Danny Fenton has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Gary's Brian Taylor P-47 build
21/01/2021 16:06:26

That looks lovely well done. Looks magic.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Chip Shop
18/01/2021 13:42:59

Looks great Martin well done thumbs up

Cheers

Danny

Thread: MF's Hawker Fury Mk1
17/01/2021 12:52:43

Looking really good Martin.

Jobs getting ticked off rapidly now.

Soon have to tackle the rigging

Cheers

Danny

14/01/2021 19:53:34

Very nice, said it was fun

Cheers

Danny

13/01/2021 16:47:02

Now I will have to redo mine

The exhaust stubs were fun, you will enjoy those

Cheers

Danny

Thread: RCM&E February 2021 issue
11/01/2021 09:19:34

How come the Pocketmags digital copy went live last week and the modelflying online copy still hasn't? My paper copy hasn't arrived though I know some got theres on Friday. I have already had feedback from a Pocketmags reader.

The Modelflying online copy used to be live a few days before the paper copies arrived.....

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Fouga magister 1/4.5 moulded from scratch
11/01/2021 09:10:40

I must confess I was as lost as the others as to how you were going to generate a smooth inner surface the way you were going, but can see now that the outer surface of the plug is dimensioned to be the inside of the part.

Really impressive drive and energy to keep going, well done.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: MF's Hawker Fury Mk1
09/01/2021 22:51:54

Its actually a YouTube channel.

Scale BMFA Zoom sessions

Cheers

Danny

09/01/2021 18:22:48

Looks fabulous Martin well done.

Yes the thin vector board is amazingly like leather.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
09/01/2021 12:43:37

Nick be careful the shroud doesnt create a low pressure area?

Keith really sorry to hear your news, the difficulty in getting new Lasers will probably mean you will get almost what you paid for your Laser selling on Ebay.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Control line section
07/01/2021 10:35:23

Control line is still alive and kicking, in several formats from combat, through carrier to aerobatic to scale. Not to mention the speed crowd at Barton. You just have to seek it out.

Many have reverted to FB groups, and indeed I have set up a Scale Control line group, (search FB for "Scale Control line - UK" ) which has around a hundred or so members. CLAPA are doing well and holding many events at Buckminster. Aeromodeller often has articles on control line, and there is a new hard circle being built at Buckminster as we speak, well it was prior to the latest Covid escalation.

The generic control line group (search FB for "control line enthusiasts" is really popular. 4.5k membership.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Brian Taylor P-51
07/01/2021 10:21:25

Hi Graham, sorry for the slow response.

The P-51 build is better documented on the RCSB forum. There are also some threads on there that you should consider, one by DavidQ and another by Brian Wood. both superb modellers.

Here is my build *link*

Brians *link*

Davids *link*

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Chip Shop
06/01/2021 23:04:35

The problem is the entire leg flexes and bends backwards, driving the oleo fairing through the wing sheeting

I lost points at the Nats because I had to leave a gap between the wing surface and the shrouds.

My two larger Chippys have oleos and the shrouds can be fitted correctly, right against the wing skin.

Looking forward to seeing this Martin, should be a cracker.

Cheers

Danny

06/01/2021 18:26:04
Posted by Martin McIntosh on 06/01/2021 17:44:53:

Danny, if you are around and have a moment please. You said that your u/c failed because the fixing clamps bent a bit. I am about to install mine and fill in the surrounding area. My clamps are from 0.4mm brass but I have some rather heavy 1.4mm brass strip which I could bolt over the top of them. Is this the sort of thing you had to do to effect a repair?

chipmunk 059.jpg

Edited By Martin McIntosh on 06/01/2021 17:46:08

Hi Martin, just seen this, sorry if it is too late.

I had mounted the brass strip wrong and the load could bend them, I reversed them and it was better, but really a rubbish solution, oleos clamped rigidly is the way to go. They flex no matter what you do. A design created before oleos were so easy to obtain.

Cheers

Danny

27/12/2020 20:15:32

Looking good Martin well

Danny

Thread: Electric control line with R/C ESC
23/12/2020 11:01:03

The motor is a Turnigy 3530, with kV of 1400 swinging an 8 x 6 APC electric on 3S.

s-1 powertrain 6x6 prop.jpg

Cheers

Danny

23/12/2020 09:45:06

No probs John, i never tried a hand controller, and was worried i would be unable to hold it steady. You could try a cheap mode 2 tx.

I use 65 foot lines on the S1 and the Bryant Chippy, if it is windy you can use shorter lines.

I am on a 3S 1500 lipo, the motor and prop i will need to check.

I still use some tip weight. But tbh i am not very scientific about it. Not a good enough flyer to appreciate altering things.

Will post motor and prop later. I prefer big slow props with electric, but ground clearance means the props are shorter. And KV hogher

Cheers

Danny

22/12/2020 21:46:44

The feel is very important with control line, you have to be able to feel the line tension, and feel the wind altering the tension.

I returned to control line after after several decades of doing "other" things, and one of the important things for me was a throttle. I am not as young as I was when I last flew, and was worried I would get dizzy. Having a throttle gave me two things, the ability to alter the lap-times, ie the speed. And the ability to bring the flight to an end if it all got too much.

I use a standard FrSky Tx on a tray around my neck, others hang the tx from their belt. As I have flown RC (mode 2) for some time, it was easy to use a tray and handle the throttle and (flaps) with my left hand and the handle with my right.

One thing that did catch me out, is I always flew with my left hand in my pocket, back in the day. I have had to teach myself to keep my thumb on the stick so that in an emergency I can throttle back quickly. But whatever you are comfortable with...

I started with a flight on an electric PT19 (Hangar 9 I think) and then competed in the C/L Scale Nats so it does come back quite quickly

I have subsequently built a few electric Ringmasters.

20191021_180626.jpg

I use a very small 4 chan FRSky Rx a 40A esc. The Rx is actually inside the fus, under the ESC.

20191021_210501.jpg

team chipmunk 3.jpg

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Colinís Spanish Fury
22/12/2020 14:18:22

Very nice Colin

Thread: Gary's Brian Taylor P-47 build
18/12/2020 15:16:49

Be careful Gary, RDS will only work if the "pocket" is on the hinge-line. The hinge centreline is below the control surfaces on the Taylor P-47

Cheers

Danny

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Subscribe now
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!