By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Danny Fenton

Here is a list of all the postings Danny Fenton has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: K3736- MkI Fury-Jose L.G.
07/04/2020 18:59:54

Looks great, well done. I have been itching to get back on mine

Cheers

Danny

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
06/03/2020 10:11:57

Thanks CS that link has been shared before, but is so good it doesn't hurt to show it again.

An interesting subject Graham, we often think about the "scale" schedule, but flying a reproduction of the full size display is a lovely idea. However some display pilots are not in tune to the aircraft in questions finer qualities. For example a Bearcat will climb vertically for ages, and looks so impressive, big swooping fast manouvres. The Tigermoth can't really fly the same routine. A pitts will twinkle roll, a B-29 probably not

The Fury has not got a high roll rate and as such a sensitive display pilot would steer away from those kind of manouvres perhaps? Forumite and friend, Andy Sephton is looking at this very subject, as it is close to his heart and has displayed many different full size aircraft over his career. So keep an eye on RCM&E for an article on how best to display a full size, it has parallels to displaying a model.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Multiprotocol module
05/03/2020 16:07:02

I have a Spekky module in my Taranis which is great, but it doesn't do Hitec/ARES. A multi-module that did Spekky DSMX/DSM2 and Hitec would be great, so will watch this in anticipation

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Ferocious Frankie- Brian Taylor P-51
01/03/2020 10:52:39

Glad to see you back on the Mustang

Cheers

Danny

22/02/2020 19:44:36

Hi Ernie, you are not the first to ask. It seems Very difficult to get this side of the pond. Martin picked some up whilst on a trip Stateside. Might be the only way.

Have you looked up Ed Stephens on RCScalebuilder?

Cheers

Danny

22/02/2020 19:40:12

Hi Ernie, you are not the first to ask. It seems Very difficult to get this side of the pond. Martin picked some up whilst on a trip Stateside. Might be the only way.

Have you looked up Ed Stephens on RCScalebuilder?

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Brian Taylor Vultee Valiant
20/02/2020 22:34:27

Looks great Ray well done

11/02/2020 23:46:00

Welcome Eric, i am dead chuffed we are inspiring scale building still. The Fury is a bit of a slog, i would suggest stick to the plan and you will end up with a lovely model and excellent flyer i look forward to following your progress.

Cheers

Danny

Thread: YT International
10/02/2020 07:31:13

Hi, it was a very early leccy conversion for me. And i did have trouble. The bulkhead is not really far enough forward. I mounted a large 2kW motor on all thread. The battery hard up against the bulkhead. If i were to do another like this, and I have subsequently, i would move the batteries much further forward. The Yt suffers from needing a fair bit of lead in the nose. Watch the fus, the front bulkhead moves in warm weather....

It flew really well, if you can just get the weihht forward. One of my albums is simply called STUFF you may find pics in there?

I used pull pull for elevator and rudder to keep weight off the tail.

Cheers

Danny

09/02/2020 23:47:22

It doesnt look like I did one sorry

04/02/2020 09:34:10

Excellent job Graham well done, that looks fabulous!

Cheers

Danny

Thread: MF's Hawker Fury Mk1
02/02/2020 23:07:05

Am I that transparent?

Yes that really does look super, well done. Maybe I will have to do the under surfaces too

Cheers

Danny

01/02/2020 22:34:27
Posted by Martin Fane on 01/02/2020 11:17:01:

A question for Danny, are you applying rib tapes to both upper and lower surfaces of both wings ?

Hi Martin, only the upper surfaces I reckon, don't forget the diagonals though, where the fabric sections were joined together

You have inspired me to extract my digit. But other comitments are stopping me getting back on mine. I will catch you up though!

Have you glued the tail-plane, elevator, fin and rudder in place yet?

I would suggest you do all the rigging before any further paint, just in case something needs adjusting.

Cheers

Danny

31/01/2020 18:20:55

Looks fabulous Martin, well done. I have the same issue on mine where the root ribs have distorted a little, leaving gaps. I was going to add a litho strip just to hide it

Ready for paint then

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Peel Ply Issues
31/01/2020 11:12:56

This is all good information, and fascinating to see what others are using.

Cheers

Danny

31/01/2020 09:29:15

I use this, have not tried to brush this, but it sprays well. Most of it must get sanded off as it isn't lightweight

So don't use it for an uneven surface, simply to fill the peel ply pattern.

Cheers

Danny

30/01/2020 15:33:13

Very kind of you to say that Gary, always happy to share what I have picked up

Cheers

Danny

30/01/2020 15:06:01

Sorry Gary, I didn't catch this the first time around. I have not used Z-Poxy, but it does sound like the resin is to thick. I don't put anything under the balsa. I did initially glass the surface then lay on the cloth, but nowadays I lay the 25 gsm cloth down dry and brush the resin over the top.

As Alan says you are okay to apply too much resin, the peel ply does two things, it holds the glass cloth in contact with the air-frame, and wicks up the excess resin.

Let us know how you get on with the L285, I have also used West systems 105/206 to great affect.

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 30/01/2020 15:31:44

15/01/2020 22:23:58

Well done Graham, I look forward to seeing the pics. It has indeed been a bit quiet on the Fury front.

I have been sidetracked with a little bit of indoor mania, have designed and nearly built a little Hawker Sea Fury, (does that still count as a Hawker Fury?) 26g so far

sea fury 31.jpg

Cheers

Danny

Thread: Sackys FJ3 Fury
01/01/2020 13:48:53

Happy New Year David Build is coming along well.

Cheers

Danny

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us