By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John A Cole

Here is a list of all the postings John A Cole has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Diesel fuel - local
16/08/2018 19:11:37

Just so you can see what I’ve got and will work on (reason for getting fuel)

**LINK**

16/08/2018 11:13:03

Yes, seen Southern Modelcraft fuel but also the purchase limit impacted by show location. I live in south coast Hampshire and have a limit to travel time and cost, so will keep looking at their website announced shows and see where they go. Kent these days is too far unfortunately. At anytime it will work they will be used. And buy a lot!

15/08/2018 21:58:15

Ha ha, that’s ok Alan. If I didn’t know then you just helped me. So you know, the first IC engine I owned was a DC Wasp glow and showed how to start it etc. in 1973. I have a huge range of diesel and glow with some from the old days, ED, Mills, Elfin etc.

As I’ve just retired, it’s time to get back into all my long term enjoyment that work stopped, as no spare time (well some spare time but being married and having children made it busy!

Thanks again Alan

15/08/2018 19:10:00

Yes, do know Alan. Lots of diesels but some new not yet run and many small, up to 1cc and 1.5cc. When I’ve got them all out I will take a picture. As some small capacity and some need to be first run, I ordered D1000.

15/08/2018 17:43:08

Thanks Alan, I’ve got Fratton Model Centre answer that they have ordered some diesel fuel from Model Technics for me.

Great progress! Thanks again to everyone. Next challenge is getting the engines to run surprise

14/08/2018 15:24:09

Thanks everyone. smiley

Looking online it was the postage cost issue (often more than the fuel cost) which was why it is easier for me to find somewhere to purchase the amount.

Locals I’ve used years ago have closed. Portsmouth Models shop was a recent loss of one I used. Had Chris supply me direct before he opened the shop when I was in PADMAC with him. Then used the shop when he opened it.

Been into SMC years ago but as part of work travel back then. Think their shop moved. Still a thought but asking Model Technic on who they supply is good idea.

Thanks again winkthumbs up

13/08/2018 22:39:02

Apology for what seems simple or obvious!

I’m going to get a lot of engines out of the old stored box and a lot are diesel. So first issue is where to buy the fuel. Looking around local, a lot of the shops I’ve used in the past have either gone or don’t sell fuel (won’t order)

Can anyone who has used them recently, please name a shop where I can get IC fuel from?

Area is Portsmouth, Fareham, Cosham, Waterlooville, Havant etc.

Appreciate any support and comments, thanks.

Thread: Photos of a messy workshop...
19/02/2017 17:13:56

Really looking forward to seeing this come together. As a separate question (hope you don't mind), where do you get those blue pins from? A lot better to push with effort than ones I'm using.

Thread: model engine spares co uk
10/02/2013 13:46:44

I had an email from Hayley last week. Her father is not well and not making any parts at the moment. If you email her with what you need she will go through the remaining stock to see if it is available. If not in stock, no go Im afraid.

Thread: Motorvation Model Engines
09/02/2013 18:48:13

Motorvation was run by John Walton as I had a number of engine parts off him as well as good advice. Sorry to hear he's not been well as his business was getting going well with a good workshop and top engine repairs. Hope it gets going again.

Thread: Old diesel spares
07/02/2013 19:39:59

Had an email from Hayley. Her Dad, Lionel, is not well and not making anything. Best wishes to them both.

13/09/2012 18:42:38

Yep, all quiet on the modelengine spares front. One day it might all be revealed. Great shame.

28/08/2012 22:58:53
Posted by Harry Wilson on 24/08/2012 07:35:29:

Hi,

As a matter of interest does anyone have any drawings of the NVAs you are trying to source?

Harry

Thanks Harry, I somehow missed this generous offer in the middle of all the other posts. I dont have any dimensions but I will dig out a complete assembly, photo it and give as accurate dimensions as i can. If i can find it of course!!

28/08/2012 22:55:24

The only thing I could think of was that Lionel and Hayley have decided to fold the business and close it down. Hence no web site or email. It would have been nice to have had a warning so people could even wish them well, but there may be very personal circumstances involved, which we should respect.

It remains a mystery for now.

23/08/2012 23:57:08

Good luck Tony, this is a mystery for sure

Thread: Control liner
22/08/2012 09:38:11

anyone flying C/L in Hampshire? thinking might be tempted to get back to it after 30 years!

Thread: Old diesel spares
22/08/2012 09:24:23

I did that as well, put Not Spam in the subject line sad

21/08/2012 20:40:33

such a shame. Lionel turned out top class items at a reasonable cost, and there seems no one able to fill the gap.

17/08/2012 23:59:15

Any progress with this? Im still after some AM15 NVA's etc. as I recently posted sad

11/07/2012 18:27:01

As Ive said before, anybody with a lathe and some skill could make a fortune on custom parts production

. smiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us