By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Richardson

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Richardson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
17/03/2020 17:24:44
Posted by Peter Miller on 17/03/2020 14:32:10:

I have to go to waitrose tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they are in the same situation

I will carry my camera and see what I can get in the way of pictures.

What I am dreading is this. my next door neighbour is 100 years old and I get a list of shopping to do in Waitrose. Her son does Asda but I have to do Waitrose.

I will not go into it but it is bad enough on normal days. If she asks for bog rolls she will not live long enough to use half a roll.

I think I will stock up on whisky in large quantities.

I think that is an excellent idea Pete, I have been down to the local Liquor store to stock up with my favorite single malt. My theory is if alcohol kills this virus if I saturate my body from the inside on a regular basis this virus will avoid me - anyway that's my excuse and i'm sticking with it.

On a more serious note, here in Canada a lot of supermarkets have now started to limit quantities of certain products purchased at any one time, which , I think is reasonable,also some major stores are allocating 1 or two hours at opening for seniors only to do there shopping - a great benefit to my wife and I - also those that offer it are now making deliveries of groceries for free, in fact you can order online, have your order delivered and never leave the house if you so wish. We are not as yet confined to barracks but I think it is just a matter of time. Her on our Island we have only one case so far, amazing really considering the amount of ferry traffic between here and the mainland and also the ferries from Washington State which has the highest number of cases in the US and was the first state to actually suffer from this virus.

Now that I have bored you all to death I shall retire to my workshop and try and finish all those projects that need it .

Stay well my internet friends, we all will emerge a little different on the other side of this, hopefully our leaders will have learned the lesson all boy scouts learn " BE PREPARED "

Thread: Fuels Paradise
16/03/2020 20:01:34

Frankly I wouldn't give castor the time of day, when I started in this hobby the norm was "the more castor the better" but after having a couple of my engines repaired and seeing the pitting that castor can cause I have used nothing but fuel with synthetic oil since, the worst thing I noticed about castor is that when it deposits itself on valves and exhaust ports it leaves a carbon deposit so hard that to pick it off actually leaves pitting. If those of you that use castor are happy with it then carry on you will get no argument from me, but it is not allowed even close to my flight box.

Tony...

Thread: Motor stutters near full throttle
13/03/2020 18:00:28

With some transmitters and esc combinations the TX throttle trim must be all the way down before calibrating, have you tried this ????

Thread: English language ?
13/03/2020 01:51:59

Me thinks you be wright Peter Jenkins. devil

Thread: Laser 180 Petrol
13/03/2020 01:30:25

Thanks Jon I will PM you my email.

12/03/2020 20:07:21

Well if one of those guys that have them sitting in a box and are not going to use them, send one out here to Canada I have a model that would be perfect for it ready to go right now and a another about to hit the building board,. Sorry to hear the frustration Jon I was really looking forward to this engine, good luck with the new project..

Tony....

Thread: Pinning hinges
05/03/2020 19:15:53

Unless i use Robart hinges I glue and "screw" all my hinges, using tiny screws from underneath the control surface, then a dab of paint to blend them in. This on sport models and fun scale, on a true scale model the hinge would be hidden if possible.

Thread: NGH 38cc Petrol Four Stroke - now at JE
26/02/2020 18:38:40

Mine is still running strong, soon be time to prep it for the summer..

Thread: NEW POLL - do you use a throttle kill switch?
24/02/2020 18:42:17

I use the "kill" switch on all my models IC included, it is also programmed to activate my flight timer.

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24/02/2020 03:25:54

Don't feel bad it's not been great this side of the Atlantic either, not too bad up to Christmas but then it turned windy and rain here on the Island even had a week or so of snow, usually on the Pacific coast its relatively warm 6-10c daytime 2-5c at night, it is only just starting to moderate, luckily no floods - so far..

good luck to you all hope the weather gets better soon.

Thread: DX6
21/02/2020 18:24:47

Not familiar with Sektrum but had JR for a while, when you assign channels there should be a little box with the letters (INH) in it this inhibits the switch that is assigned to that channel so you do not have the gravity gremlins reach up and grab your airplane if/when you inadvertantly activate the switch.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
15/02/2020 02:48:32

I know this discussion relates to the UK and I live in Canada but there is something going on south of our border with the USA The FAA is lobbying Washington DC with a proposal that could affect both our countries if adopted, some of you may have read the proposal, I have not waded through all of it but basically it is a bill to require every RC model to have a designated registration number and transponder for each individual model that flys, - pretty much like a fullsize aircraft, this is flawed legislation as hang gliders and powered hang gliders weigh more than the 250 grams they are proposing as being exempt. This law will not apply to them, I don;t know if this will pass but knowing the reach of homeland security if it does the UK government and our own Canadian government will certainly be pressured to follow suit, comments gentlemen..

Tony......

Thread: Modes 1 or 2
14/02/2020 04:30:14
Posted by thomas salisbury on 28/12/2009 17:19:49:
Which mode do people prefer 1 or 2 ?

Silly question but Is the elevator supposed to be setup as to where you pull the stick down for elevation and push up for dowm elevation... ?

Just trying to check I have them setup to what they should be many thanks Tom..

Thomas if you think about it you are not pulling down for up nor pushing up for down, you are pulling back for up and pushing forward for down, unless of course you hold your transmitter in a vertical position unlike most flyers I know who have their transmitter in the horizontal position..

Thread: How wings generate lift
14/02/2020 04:15:22

I have to be honest I really don't care sa long as the darn thing stays in the air while i'm aboard.teeth 2wink

Thread: FrSky Major Update for most TX and RX
19/01/2020 20:33:18

Maybe I should clarify my thinking on this, I do not mean the Open Tx system itself has been compromised, my concern is that the need for an upgrade may be a spoof planted on FrSky website for whatever reason what I am asking is, is the original source totally reliable? the lack of information on the FrSky site as to why and how to proceed is what makes me suspicious..

As John P says my protocol here is a little different to yours on that side of the Atlantic and that may well be where the issue is rooted, I know I am a cranky 71 year old but my suspicions have held me in good stead so far as I said before I shall carry on as before, if and or when I am sure it is a problem I will certainly upgrade. Just my humble opinion..

Tony..

18/01/2020 22:06:45

Well being the distrustful beggar I am I'm doing nothing at the moment, the lack of information about why makes me wonder - me being not very computer literate or web wise - if this is maybe a spoof or site hack of some sort? I have been flying with a Taranis X9D and Horus for a lot of years now and never experienced any of these anomalies so for me its going to be carry on as before.

Tony....

Thread: A new caption competition - winner declared!
28/11/2019 02:55:32

Look I'm sorry mate but the darn thing thought the grass was greener the other side of the fence, " nothing I could do"

Thread: Horus X10S with Spektrum receivers
02/10/2019 18:36:14

Hi David, my module is an early model from way back, I bought it to upgrade my JR 9303 to 2.4, I have used this in my Taranis and now in the Horus x10s no problems...

Thread: Cheap Chinese Laser Cutter
27/09/2019 19:26:26

Erfojg please remember the difference between the US $ and the Canadian $ $188 Canadian is only $141 US, whereas $170US is $225 Canadian, I may have the sites wrong if so please forgive me.

Tony...

Thread: Looking for a cowl for my Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk.
29/08/2019 18:28:59

Paul I have one painted red and white no holes etc so its ready to cut for whatever engine you use, only thing is I live in Canada and do not know how much postage would be, PM me and we can discuss it further if you wish.

Tony...

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us