By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Richardson

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Richardson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New Laser engines. What do you want?
15/11/2017 23:11:53

Speaking of the180 petrol Jon how is it progressing, waiting with bated breath this side of the pond.

Thread: Hello from a semi noob!
26/10/2017 09:43:47

Welcome Stephen you will found the people on this forum more than helpful, and remember the only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask and later wish you had.

Thread: Motor squealing at full power
20/09/2017 23:35:46

Chris try the different timing settings on your ESC if that fails to stop the the problem the ESC may be incompatible with the motor, only experienced this once with a Turnigy Plush ESC and a Rimfire electric motor switched to a HiTec ESC and the problem disappeared.

Thread: Finally! It's finished...
01/08/2017 22:12:47

Run both of the OS52 surpass I have on 12x6 perfect prop not too fast but really good thrust.

Thread: OpenTx - Questions and Problems
29/07/2017 23:06:02

Thanks Trevor but no I have not updated anything that's what is so puzzling, the only thing I can think of at the moment is a bad solder joint has finally let go, no hard landings no rough treatment in transit, flys fine one day, go home head out a few days later set up at the field NOTHING, one consolation is that it didn't happen in flight.

29/07/2017 10:19:47

Has anybody experienced trouble with the X6R not binding? I have an X6R that I had in a small electric that was working perfectly fine for 4 or 5 flights then fell out of bind and refused to re-bind, I thought it might be my Taranis at fault but a club mate also tried and failed with his Tx, it goes into bind mode but thats it it will not connect to the Tx, pretty frustrating.

I am willing to listen to anything at the moment.

Thread: Colin Leighfield's Chipmunk build.
20/07/2017 20:36:19

Colin it is a product made by Zepsus in Denmark, I am not sure who stocks them in the UK

Here

Edited By Tony Richardson on 20/07/2017 20:41:01

19/07/2017 22:13:23

Colin how about a magnetic switch nothing on the outside?

Thread: Can anyone identify this please
18/07/2017 08:55:22

I can say with all honesty at the moment it is truly a Unidentified Flying Objectsmiley

Thread: NGH 38cc Petrol Four Stroke - now at JE
13/07/2017 19:20:49

Piers I have the NGH mounted in a Great Planes Curtiss P6e, the two wings create quite a bit of drag - as most biplanes do - but I am rarely above half/two thirds throttle in normal flight, is it overpowered probably by normal definition. The reasons for choosing this engine are varied 1) the model needs nose weight and I dislike adding useless weight 2) noise or the perception of noise is a big concern here, two strokes tend to sound louder 3) I am trying to move away from glow engines as the fuel is extremely expensive here on the island. There are more but those are the main reasons.

Jon may have a good point, laser engines are powerful and run on a fuel without a lot of nitro, plus for you they are locally built and serviced, a plus in many ways , however if it was available I would certainly be interested in his petrol engine myself.

The choice is yours Piers the 38 is a big heavy engine but if you need the weight and low end torgue it works well if you want a screaming pylon racing or 3D type engine this isn't it.

13/07/2017 01:38:29

7800 on a 20x6 master airscrew, but I am into my fourth season with this engine.

05/07/2017 15:06:12

Sorry to hear that Martin, you must have got one of those 4-00 pm Friday afternoon specials, there are 2/3 of these engines in our club plus a half dozen of its smaller brother the 30 four stroke and none have had that issue, sorry to hear that, they really are not a bad engine for the money.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
15/06/2017 16:24:32

Shouldn't have any problem seeing that one in the sky Pete.

Thread: Pics from your free RCME plan build
01/06/2017 22:27:06

Nice looking model.

Thread: Civilian Coupe (1932)
24/05/2017 21:46:38

Ooh that looks so pretty in the air Tim, love to build it but I'm two plans of yours behind already so this one ( if plan becomes a available) will have to wait, still working on the Hild enlarged plan.

Edited By Tony Richardson on 24/05/2017 21:47:32

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
22/05/2017 23:04:08

Never tried starting an airplane engine like that!!

Thread: Civilian Coupe (1932)
22/05/2017 01:35:53

Wow Tim another really good looker where do you keep finding them.

Thread: Aileron servo choice
08/05/2017 19:21:44

Go for the beefier 225, the hs 81 will strip gears very easily if you give it an accidental knock.

Thread: OpenTx - Questions and Problems
26/03/2017 00:45:28

PatMc I agree it is not a FrSky problem and it was stated in the thread on RC Groups that this type of interference would affect any RX FM or 2.4 my concern was the lock out and then when interference has passed the RX was staying in failsafe until it was switched off and then on again,Andy's response is correct in every way, what I have not been able to determine is the range of said interference if some clown tries to fly with the same lack of care/consideration as the joker in the post, I feel the chances of this happening are slight to none if proper maintenance of ignition systems is carried out, just wondering if this was a one off or not.

25/03/2017 18:17:15

Has anybody in the UK experienced THIS PROBLEM I have tried to replicate it but failed, that said FrSky are aware and have replicated it and therefore are working on a firmware solution.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Motion RC
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us