By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Richardson

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Richardson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Airsail Auster AOP9 1/4 Scale
23/12/2018 20:30:46

I to have one of the smaller Airsail AOP9 kits and now retired plan to build it, engine choice is difficult, I would love to fit the RCV 60SP I am not sure there is room, I have as alternates a RCV 58CD or an OS52 4 stroke all good engines and all capable of flying this model in a scale manner, thoughts suggestions anyone.

Tony.

Edited By Tony Richardson on 23/12/2018 20:31:39

Thread: Model shops
30/09/2018 23:11:44

Ok a big thank you to all of you for the help and advice, I did get the opportunity to visit the Balsa Cabin in Maldon, picked up some items that are unavailable to me at home, checked their balsa it appears to be excellent - that which I saw - so will give some serious thought to getting my lumber from them in the future

Paid a visit to the old ww1 Aerodrome at Stow Marie’s today, very interesting, there is even a fallen airman with the same last name as myself, that will require some investigation to determine if he was a relative?

Also dropped by the model airfield that is close by, there were a couple of guys flying but nothing scale, we were running short of time and I had to leave without introducing myself, would really have enjoyed swapping a few stories with fellow modellers, maybe next time.

Off to Colchester tomorrow to have a browse around there then over to Oxford before heading home on the 10th, again thanks all and I hope you have a good winter flying season.

21/09/2018 14:24:04

Ok lads, no squabbling 😋😋 yes Pete you are right I will be in the Maldon area next week - I was born and raised in the Dengie hundred - visiting friends and relatives I’ve not seen in a long time.

The Balsa cabin has been mentioned before and is definitely on my agenda as I will be staying in Goldhangar for a while. I really just wanted to have a look at what is available here as opposed to home.

Also I’m on the lookout for a small kit or plan that could be flown in a small gym but is a little more aerobatic and challenging than the Vapor 😋😋 although taking off and landing on on a six foot table is more challenging than it appears, Pete any plans or suggestions?

Now I’m going to sign off and prepare myself for the motorways as I find it quite challenging after 43 years of driving on the “wrong” side of the road.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions especially the info on the VAT rebate possibility I will certainly check that out as £1 costs me approximately $1.70

I will keep you all posted on what/if I buy anything.

Tony......

Edited By Tony Richardson on 21/09/2018 14:27:07

20/09/2018 18:56:36

Thank you David, it seems LMS’s are closing here the same as at home even though building is on an up swing.

20/09/2018 18:37:46

Ok I know this is probably not the first time this has been asked but for me time is short. I am visiting from Canada and visiting old friends who live in Halton nr Lancaster, can anyone point me in the right direction for any hobby shops - RC airplane - that would be within an hours travel that would be worth a visit.

I was in Oxford last week and it was a bit of a bust, next week I will me in Essex in the Maldon Colchester area so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thread: fav model of all time
15/07/2018 20:20:14

Sig Rascal 40 powered by OS52fs and 12x6 prop, do anything you want with that model even prop hang.

PS Great on floats to.

Edited By Tony Richardson on 15/07/2018 20:21:17

Thread: New caption competition
15/07/2018 20:12:26

Beam me up there is no intelligent life down here.

Thread: Model enlargement
15/07/2018 20:04:27

If you enlarge the plan by photo copying it do you build on the middle of the line or on the inside/outside as the plan line thickness also increases in size, its something I have not tried but would like to?

Thread: Horus 10x or Taranis 9
28/06/2018 21:05:34

Hi all, I have a Taranis and a Horus X10S, I originally had a JR 9303 on 72mhz and bought a Spektrum plug in module from Spektrum to upgrade to 2.4 this module performed flawlessly in the JR and continues to do so in both the Taranis and Horus, the only issue I have found is the Spektrum 4 channel rx's seem reluctant to bind sometimes otherwise all good. The Horus is on FrSky OS and i will keep it so, the difference between the two is noticeable in the gimbals, having never used hall sensor gimbals I find them rather sensitve but after using them for a few months now I really like them. Whichever transmitter you choose you will be learning a new system and it can be frustrating if you have a club mate who has one of these systems employ his help, both different than my JR not better not worse, that said because I am 70 if the JR had not died or Horizon were still servicing them I would still be using it I was in a way forced to change and could not justify the outlay at my age on one of the expensive brands, for the money you will not - in my opinion - find better value than the Horus X10 or X10s keep us posted.

Thread: FrSky X10 - Taranis replacement?
19/04/2018 20:11:18

Geoff go to frsky-rc. com it’s all on their website.

Edited By Tony Richardson on 19/04/2018 20:11:59

18/04/2018 08:31:12

Good show John, how do you like the gimbals?

Is anybody using the FrSky OS or are you all on open tx, my Taranis is open tx but thought I would give the FrSky OS a trial wondering what other opinions were

Thread: G-FOUR
27/03/2018 02:14:22

They should show up even on the brightest days, WOW.

24/03/2018 21:29:20

Well if they’re not just bright but “flippin” bright they are just what I need.

I’m trying to get all my model maintenance finished before the good flying weather gets to us here on the west coast of Canada

24/03/2018 21:20:44

Thanks Cymaz, I have super cub that needs landing lights these may work, nothing worse than having the lights on and they can’t be seen.

24/03/2018 19:15:21

What is the actual size of those lights Cymaz?

Thread: FrSky X10 - Taranis replacement?
25/02/2018 05:08:09

Does anybody have an x10/ 10s yet? I bought one a month ago but the sd card slot was faulty for the little chance I got to use it I love it, trouble is without the sd card slot working I can neither upgrade the firmware or add sounds or images, it is now in the North American warranty centre, be interesting to see turnaround time as service and communication through purchase and questions after have been stella just really wanted to know if anybody else had this problem.

Tony

Edited By Tony Richardson on 25/02/2018 05:09:12

Thread: New Laser engines. What do you want?
25/02/2018 04:37:56

Just wondering how the 180 petrol version is going non?

08/12/2017 19:49:19

Have to agree Jon I hate castor it’s carbon is really hard, being almost deaf I have to use a tachometer to get close after that it’s fly it and damn the torpedoes, I can usually tell wether it’s rich or lean by the way it responds to throttle inputs, also a good indication and one that has worked for me over the years is to set your high end and for the low end with engine at idle pinch the fuel line it should rise in rpm but a hair before stopping if it gathers a lot of rpm it is too rich if none at all it is way lean, you may or may not agree but works for me.

15/11/2017 23:11:53

Speaking of the180 petrol Jon how is it progressing, waiting with bated breath this side of the pond.

Thread: Hello from a semi noob!
26/10/2017 09:43:47

Welcome Stephen you will found the people on this forum more than helpful, and remember the only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask and later wish you had.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us