By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Richardson

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Richardson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Pick a plane 2008
17/03/2008 23:33:00
Thanks Tony, nice to know we will get a Whirly designed by you whatever the outcome of this contest, I think it is getting a lot of interest not only because of Barry but because it is not modelled as much as it could be due to lack of decent plans in a variety of sizes. Lets be honest you can build a spit, mossie, P51, or F4u corsair in just about any size from a park flyer to 50% scale, myself I tend to like the models that not too many other people model and may be regarded as a bit of an "odd duck" because of this, I say I am just thinking outside the box, the only thing that stops me and I suspect others too is I do not have the drafting skills or knowlege at this point in time to design my own model. keep up the great work. c'mon guys vote for the Whirly..
08/03/2008 03:01:00
I think quite a few of us like the whirlwind just a little bit!!! As for why a warbird, not many of the original fullsize around anymore and they deserve to be modelled if only because of the role they played in one of the most uncertain times in history.
Thread: The March Grand Prize Draw
05/03/2008 01:29:00
Here's hoping, I have an RCV 58CD doing nothing that would most likely fit this model well, if I am lucky enough to win I will pay the postage to this side of the pond!!!!!!!!
Thread: Pick a plane 2008
02/03/2008 21:09:00
Ps all, if you try the website look under "SMITH" in the kits side bar go to the bottom of the list and you will find "WESTLAND WHIRLAND" they have not caught the typo.
02/03/2008 21:03:00
Barry W the web address is www.kitcutters.com and the kit is laser cut from a Don Smith plan, which has to be purchased seperately, so you can go it alone if you wish. i think if you click on the RCM link at the top of the home page and search the plan link there is a plan for a 40"-48" electric model, it is hand launch with no gear so it really does not cut it for me..
02/03/2008 00:57:00
Hope the Whirly wins, it would be nice to have another twin designed by Tony. I would prefer glow but I am confident Tony can design it for either glow or electrickery. There is a full, and/or short kit avaiable for the Whirly from Kit cutter's INC for $350 US plus $67 US for the plans, equates to a little over 200 GBP I think, it is a little large at 108" span ( 2.745m for those of you who insist on Metric )so a plan for around 65"-72" would be a perfect everyday model.. Failing that lets have the Lysander..
28/02/2008 02:13:00
My three will be in no particular order 1 Whirlwind 2 Lysander 3 Storch Preferably for glow, retracts for the Whirly and as Robert Meadows says enlargability.
Thread: Pick a plane 2008!
26/01/2008 21:35:00
I know Tony has dones this one before but must admit it really is a favorite of mine, 1) DH Mosquito 2m plus for brushless or mid size glow 2) Gee Bee Model A, a bipe and first plane ever built by the Granville brothers 3) Boulton Paul Defiant or the Westland Lysander two choices I know but both very under modelled both interesting. I know it seems large but I would like to see all of these in the 2m 72" size if possible.
Thread: Age groups of modellers
05/01/2008 06:28:00
59 and holding. I became an addict in 2003 after watching an airshow by the club I am now a member of, spent my first winter building a great Planes PT60 (still have it) love to build from kit or plan (I do not have the drafting skills to design and build from scratch)do have a couple of ARF's but when I remember that excitement and pride of seeing my first kit build take to the air for the first time I am all gung ho to do it all over again, "nothing like it..
Thread: Please kill off Bertie Barnstormer it's just not funny!
30/11/2007 18:42:00
like Jim B, RCM&E will be the only one I subscribe to in the future (and I live on the North American continent!!) on receit of each copy Bertie would be one of the first things read, the humour reminded me of the country I was born in and spent the first 26 years of my life in. As for plans love to build from them, very satisfying to see all that effort take to the sky for the first time, ARF's got one or two of those as well, a Magic 3d model, quick to assemble, affordable and not too many tears if it gets stuffed in also have a Sig Rascal 40 I bought these because I was at a very busy time in my life and did not have time to build, that said the quality of these two models is very good and they behave well in the air. For a serious scale or semi scale a kit or plan is the only way I really want to go when I have the time because you do at least have control over wood selection, scale details, type of covering etc, just an opinion. As has been stated earlier in this thread this hobby has room for just about everybody no matter what their interest, THAT is what makes it so great.
30/11/2007 07:23:00
Must admit I find Berties tongue in cheek humour entertaining, his refusal to submit to the P/C NIMBY do gooders of the day is refreshing to say the least, read between the lines and look at the satire you to may find some humour.
Thread: How Many flyable planes do you have ?
10/11/2007 18:15:00
According to the wife too many!!!!! 1 Rascal 40 1 48" elec Tucano 1 48" elec Tornado 1 Sonic Liner 1 Great Planes "flat out" cub for indoor 1 Model tech Magic for those days when I just have to be an animal 1 Old PT 60 for the first days of a new season or sloppy wet winter days. 1 Cyril Carr Kestrel "just to be a little different" So 8 but there is an Airsail Aop9 on one building board and a Royal models spitfire on another, as well as all those plans and unstarted kits we all have that will be built "someday" Too many planes that must be built, not enough time.
Thread: The great RCM&E caption competition!
11/10/2007 04:05:00
Using his new found telekinetic power Luke summoned his tranny from home.
11/10/2007 04:03:00
" Radio control" is easy now what the heck do I do with this other thing.
08/10/2007 18:15:00
Step 13?? in the R.C.M.&E. passing the BMFA A exam series
08/10/2007 18:12:00
Hah!! Instructors who needs em.
02/10/2007 05:59:00
Apoligies to Grant D, posted the left hand quip before I read all the post's, maybe this one?. That's the first time I've ever experienced jet lag.
26/09/2007 20:56:00
Strange that!! I am sure I was left handed this morning
18/09/2007 19:51:00
Hmmmm worked with the hat, let's try this.
Thread: Reader choice 'Typhoon'
14/09/2007 04:30:00
John don't know how to pick up a PM on this site but you can e-mail me at t-richardson@shaw.ca look forward to hearing from you. Hope you are enjoying your visit to the UK.. Tony..
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us