By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Richardson

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Richardson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The great RCM&E caption competition!
18/09/2007 19:51:00
Hmmmm worked with the hat, let's try this.
Thread: Reader choice 'Typhoon'
14/09/2007 04:30:00
John don't know how to pick up a PM on this site but you can e-mail me at t-richardson@shaw.ca look forward to hearing from you. Hope you are enjoying your visit to the UK.. Tony..
11/09/2007 01:53:00
Thanks John if you could manage it I would really appreciate you getting a pack for me where abouts in Canada do you live and how can I pay you ???. Thanks a bunch Tony.....
09/09/2007 18:23:00

Hi Tony,  any chance of a plan pack being able to find its way across the Atlantic or are they going to be available only in the UK, I would really love to build this one, you  do not see too many of them modeled and it would be a nice addittion for our club airshow next year;   www.vrcms.org

Thanks for any help.

Thread: What are/were your 3 favourite models so far this year?
08/09/2007 20:14:00
My three woud be 1 Sig Rascal 40 2 My 45 inch electric Tucano from the Nigel Hawes kit 3 The Model Tech Magic with an os la 46 I love the Rascal and the Tucano because they both fly in a manner that suits my sunday lazy day flying moods but if I feel like a real animal they are both do things that shoud not be done with models that look like full size aircraft. As far as the Magic goes it's name says it all "Magic" you name it, it does it, if of course you have the thumbs for it, which for the really wild stuff I don't but I am working on it but will still remain a scale type of guy for most of my modelling. Tony
Thread: Reader choice 'Typhoon'
30/07/2007 05:40:00
Great job Tony, this is the one I have been waiting for don't think we get the special editions here in Canada??? is there going to be a plan pack and would the RCV 58 fly this bird. Whatever the answer I want one glow or electric, keep up the good work RCM&E and it's contributors get top marks for being one of the best all round mags on the market, covering all the areas of this great hobby.
Thread: Pick a Plane: shortlist
18/03/2007 00:57:00
My three would have to be.

Hawker Typhoon, B25, Hellcat
Thread: WOT 4 AR(T)F
05/03/2007 03:07:00
Living the "other side of the pond" I do not have access to the "wot" range of kits although I must admit I have been tempted to go the mail order route simply because they look like a good everyday model, the kind that will take a licking and keep on ticking, but the the price of 90 GBP converts into a tad over $200 Cdn plus shipping, for that kind of money there are many scale kits from " Sig, Topflite, Balsa USA etc" plus many many more ARF's the Sig Rascal 40 springs to mind and was my first ARF does everything I ask of it, great slow flyer, gracefull high wing pattern ship and will scoot along with the best of them but it is not a Wot4 and I did not get to see the bare bones and "Bash it" into my own style which is one of the great pleasure's of kit building.

As for the discrepancy in lumber size's I have encountered this in a couple of kits and found it really frustrating until a fellow club member advised me to purchase a set of calipers and measure all pertinant parts then either sand the bigger parts to size or add to the smaller parts, that said I realize this should not be the case and with laser cut kits very rarely is, but is that not what building is about??. As far as the veneer on the wings goes I have to agree I would be peeved if it split, obviously quality of said veneer is not what it used to be, ( I prefer a built up wing ) glas or carbon tissue could be used but again at 90 quid extras should not really be required and as David said in his review could be considered exspensive by some but again there is no substitute for the pride felt when a model that started as a box of sticks takes to the air for that first time, after all said and done the next time I am in the UK I might just give a wot 4 a trans atlantic flight.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Revoc
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us