By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Richardson

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Richardson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: hobbyking - big changes
31/10/2016 14:59:30

How does the old saying go "if it's not broken don't fix it" well it's well and truly broken now so the Techie's need to earn the money they have bee paid in fix it.

As Erfolg says items available a few days ago now no longer exist or are unavailable, don't know about anybody else but my money was available a few days ago but now is not.

Thread: OpenTx - Questions and Problems
30/10/2016 17:06:48

Thank you Andy, I agree different hearing aids would be a great solution, unfortunately I do not have the several thousand $ required, being on a fixed income, at times is frustrating, again thanks for the info will apply it ASAP.

30/10/2016 03:38:24

This may be a dumb question, my high range hearing is pretty much non existent so is there a way to set the flight timer to vibrate when time is up instead of a voice or beep.

Just curious as sometimes sneeking a peek at the timer with the TX at eye level can be distracting.

Tony.....

Thread: HELP: i've got some planes to value
29/10/2016 11:06:12

Don't know if this helps or not but I bought a Duncan Hutson SE 5a kit (almost 1/4 scale) 74 inch span for $300 Canadian, a little less than 150 quid your side of the pond, the same kit less a lot of the hardware, wheels and decals is over $800 plus tax from Traplet both in the US and UK. I would think the Bud Nosen is easily worth that.

Just my nickel's worth.

Thread: hobbyking - big changes
28/10/2016 09:45:40

No still messed up big time.

Dave I wish I could see my old orders nothing but a blank screen..

Edited By Tony Richardson on 28/10/2016 09:47:53

28/10/2016 02:13:54

First BEB please accept my apology, pure frustration, placed an order before the site went down, thought it was paid now there does not appear to be any record of it, have to wait I guess until I get a bill for said parts or the parts themselves arrive, yes I know someone is going to say "use your local hobby shop" living on an island its not that easy.

Thread: The Death Of The English Language As We Know It.
24/10/2016 18:40:28

Thought you might know what a top fueller was Peter.

23/10/2016 20:41:19

Nice one IanN, I always understood a Nitro engine to be a Top Fueller?

23/10/2016 18:26:25

Sunshine here BEB.

22/10/2016 21:57:27

I can see this thread running for a long time, perhaps even long enough for our language to "evolve" even further.

Pete I have to agree "cool" can mean so much even "hot" the two seem to be interchangeable?

I think what really counts is that despite our often "faux pas" in use of language is that we understand each other.

Would we rather revert to "something vexes thee" or stay with " boy you're grumpy today" on another note how has our language evolved between continents and why? Canada, America, Australia all colonised by England but all with different dialects, in fact dialect/accent can change from county to county state to state even village to village town to town, why and how is a question that maybe cannot be answered.

Just throwing it out there. cheeky

Thread: State of the country
22/10/2016 21:27:49

Retirement is good, my boss is really good looking but the salary is not quite what I expected surprise

Thread: The Death Of The English Language As We Know It.
22/10/2016 11:11:31

You should come live in Canada for a while and listen to some of the " Trumpism's" ? on the news bytes from south of the border, " BIG'LY" is one that drives me crazy, "BRAGADOCIOUS" not sure if it is really a word so have no idea if it is spelled correctly. Still what can you expect from a self centered moron.

Sorry for the edits but it is late and these old eyes fade towards the end of the day.

Edited By Tony Richardson on 22/10/2016 11:12:52

Edited By Tony Richardson on 22/10/2016 11:15:14

Thread: Twin IC Engine Plane Setup
16/10/2016 22:42:42

Sounds good, but you better clean that oil residue off the tiles before the missus sees it wink

Thread: What has happened to all the Warbird kits?????
06/10/2016 13:14:51

Topflite also do a range of kits in the size your looking for, should be available your side of the pond. Pics HERE

Thread: Se5a squadron colours
04/10/2016 01:40:13

Thanks Cymaz, I missed it after Phil pointed me to that site and I guess it's not white but silver dope. Not sure what is correct because one blurb says 28 were "gifted" to Australia and the above says that aircraft was one of 35 of the RAAF in the 20's, like yourself I am not sure what is scale colour and what is not.

Have to dig some more.

03/10/2016 21:21:42

I'm interested Phil where did you find the white one, I couldn't track the sqdr at all?

02/10/2016 11:35:09

Thanks Whistler, but this is the one I originally thought about just wondered if there was any other scale schemes that might surpass it, you know nice and bright for older eyes.

As you can see it's an se5 rather than an se5a if I'm wrong could Mr Fenton maybe help out?

Edited By Tony Richardson on 02/10/2016 11:37:45

02/10/2016 10:42:04

Hope this is the right place for this, I have a Duncan Hutson se5a kit and plan on making a start this winter but would really like something a bit more colourfull than the usual, I kinda like the the Canadian "Billy" Bishop scheme with the blue nose and tail flash but was wondering if anybody out thee can reccomend some internet sites or publications with something that is a little different.

Thread: Petrol or Glow
30/09/2016 11:25:46

No Martin hot air or steam. cheeky

Thread: Large RC Saab Gripen crash
26/09/2016 19:55:15

Could this landing have contributed to the break up?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us