By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for GONZO

Here is a list of all the postings GONZO has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Enya SS40.....fuel
30/09/2020 14:26:49

Another personal plus for castor is it gives you soft handswinklaugh

Thread: Future balsa supplies in UK
21/09/2020 10:52:12

Jim, "many a true word spoken in jest"

21/09/2020 10:48:06

So how long before the Chinese(and maybe Tesla) restrict the supply of lithium(used to make our batteries) and Neodymium(used for the magnets in our electric motors) by commercial means? After all, the drive(pun) to do away with hydrocarbon fuel and go electric for transport will create a bottomless pit of demand. I'm minded to recall an old saying; "Be careful what you wish for!" (meant for all those environmentalist/extinction rebellion supporters)

20/09/2020 17:27:49

An 'on and off topic' comment. It doesn't take long for the leading edge of the blades to be irrepairably damaged by rain/ice/sand/grit etc. They are not recyclable and are therefore buried in giant 'graves'. The resin and fibre coating of the blades does not degrade in the ground. Search around and you'll find pictures. That's just one aspect of the so called 'green energy'!

20/09/2020 17:27:02

sorry, double post

Edited By GONZO on 20/09/2020 17:28:59

Thread: Is/could this be an expansion of the surveillance state
15/09/2020 16:52:45

SCHIEBEL CAMCOPTER

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
15/09/2020 10:56:58

Anyone care to bet on the cost in the UK, assuming it would be acceptable to the CAA. People may have to limit their fleet at £?? per plane. Although there is always the hope that they will not be required if flying at a registered club site.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
24/08/2020 15:39:37

Many thanks.

24/08/2020 12:40:41

David, renewed my subs on 17/8 @ 15:38 by card for the sum of £47. As of just now nothing has shown in my credit card account or in my account on RCM&E. My RCM&E account still shows my subscription as suspended.

Has something gone wrong?

Will I get the RCM&E issue published on the 28/8?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Thread: M2 pitch
15/08/2020 10:38:21

Useful info on threads, pitch, taping drill etc from Modelfixings Thread Data

Thread: Is/could this be an expansion of the surveillance state
01/08/2020 11:44:33

'mini shark' UAV Well it looks like we in North Wales are getting the first deployment of large UAV's. Not just deployed in SAR situations but doing regular' safety patrols. At the weekends initially but to go 24/7 eventually. Safety patrols sounds a lot like surveillance to me. I'm just 1mile from the coast and 270ft up a hill looking over my local town at the coast. Can't say I relish the possible disturbance with this going to and fro. Next lock down they'll be on your case double quick if you go on the beach when its verboaten! Wonder how this will affect the use of the Orm ?

Thread: Masks
25/07/2020 14:48:16

But what is the risk that I would kill some one? Vanishingly small to non existent I believe. If its not done effectively with an effective mask it's not worth doing, unless it's just a visible sign of conformity. Ineffective masks used incorrectly are more likely to spread/cause infection. The video's I've seen of officials and the general public using cheap masks and fiddling with them by rubbing their nose/face using un washed/sanitised hands, taking them down round their chins and worst of all taking them off putting them down of a non sterile surface and then putting them back on again. This all supposes that the mask is sterile to start with.

I take the risk of killing some one every time I drive my car, like we all do.

25/07/2020 14:24:03

Mowerman, not enough, not near enough protection. I was considering making a form of 'spaceman' helmet with a wooden frame covered with laminating film and a bottom 'skirt' that could be tucked under my jumper or shirt. I thought I'd call it the 'Buzz lightyear' protection hood and have the logo written across the rear. Along with a wheelie bin plastic liner over my body taped up at the wrists and feet. Toped off with rubber gardening boots and a nice new pair of 'marigold's .What do you think?

25/07/2020 14:12:44

Martin, then a cotton handkerchief folded and held over the mouth would suffice. As I previously said, personal hygiene would negate contamination from picking up droplets. I'm certainly not convinced and I'm in the 'shielded' category so I shall be considered 'anti social'. I'll be even more vilified when the so called vaccine comes along as that's something I'll not take. Especially as there is considerable doubt as to the veracity of the death rate figures, the government actually calling for an investigation into them.

25/07/2020 13:28:02

From what I understand on the use of masks is that the N95 respirator is the only effective one but must be worn correctly(not that straight forward), not messed with or moved when on and changed regularly (a time of 1hr max sticks in my mind). To me it seems illogical that it is now becoming mandatory but was not earlier on when it would have had more impact. Plus, if you are wearing a mask and believe it is effective why would you care, violently from what I've seen, if others don't and potentially put themselves at risk. Any slight contamination of the immediate environment by non mask wearers(if they are infectious) is negated by your personal hygiene precautions of using gloves or hand sanitisation/washing. As an aside I checked the map for virus cases in the whole of North Wales during the week, it stood at only 82.

Thread: So what's happened to the August issue?
25/07/2020 11:08:37

Post has been and gone - no mag. A point I've noticed concerning 'official' presence on the forum is that there is none. There wasn't even a moderator earlier on.

24/07/2020 13:18:20

kc, maybe just not updated. I start to get nervous about things. The August issue that was to be published on the 24/7 is the last issue of my current subscription. The reason for my nervousness, I've fallen foul several times in the past when model publications have ceased soon after I've subscribed.

24/07/2020 12:15:56

kc, IIRC along with the push back of publication and a slimmer mag(reduced pagination) the 13 issues was also dropped back to 12.

24/07/2020 10:51:07

As the title. Publication date of a slimmed down mag was pushed back 2 weeks due to circumstances. Last issue(displayed as the current issue on the site) stated August would be published at the later date of 24/7. As a subscriber in the past it would arrive around a week early of the publication date. So, effectively subscribers have had the date pushed back 3 weeks.

In the current situation people are reasonable tolerant and understanding if given an explanation, in good time, as to the reason for events. A brief explanation on the forum would have been appreciated.

Thread: Junior 60 Kitset
07/07/2020 10:24:34

You can get just a 'rib set' from iGull on Ebay Junior 60 rib set Contact by email to confirm which one.

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!