By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for GONZO

Here is a list of all the postings GONZO has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: More regulation
08/07/2019 11:57:35

Listen and enjoyangry From 16:00 on mention of additional test and flying area/spacing plus CE marking of kits/ARTF and ready to fly. I know some of this is not set but indicates the direction of travel, it's not good. Note it's not just 1/11/2019 as a significant date but 1/7/2020. I'd listen to it a couple of times to get these indications of what may be coming straight in your mind.

UK Drone Law Update

Thread: The demise of. ASP/SC
06/07/2019 07:07:45

I've got a few MDS and they all work fine for me, but they do all have the later carb with the rubber sealing boot on the carb barrel. My 38 has had several sets of bearings(20+ years old) and only gave me trouble when the carb to crankcase 'o' ring went hard and cracked due to age causing intermittent air leak. My 48's just keep trundling along. A final thought, they were built for Europe and don't need high nitro fuel, 5% is more than enough.

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
05/07/2019 11:00:24

Steve J, yes but registration was understood to be via membership of the national organisation and the use of their data base. Not an additional process that required the payment of an additional fee. IIRC the phrase bandied about was 'things will be much the same as they are now and we will not notice any changes', or words to that effect.

04/07/2019 19:25:34

I hear what you both say. But, a little while back we were all lead to believe, and most did so, that we would be operating under 'Article 16'. That was stopped and we now find ourselves being used as a revenue stream. I just don't trust them!

Edited By GONZO on 04/07/2019 19:25:53

04/07/2019 13:40:34

Steve J, so what does that mean?

During this hiatus I've done some re reading.

Article 16 Operations under the framework of model aircraft clubs and associations. This option has been firmly closed to us in this country by the powers that be. Yes/no?

The other concerning aspect in the document that contains 'article 16' seems to suggest that all model kits and ARTF kits sold in EASA countries will have to be CE tested and fully comply thus adding significantly to the costs, that is if manufacturers don't just abandon the market. Section reproduced below. What is the opinion of people on this.

A key element of the Open category is that any unmanned aircraft that are sold for use within this category will also be subject to a set of product standards, similar to the ‘CE’ marking scheme"
"The full details of the product standards for each class are set out in the Annex to the Delegated Regulation and include a requirement to include an EASA published information leaflet in the packaging which simply describes the applicable limitations and obligations under EU law in the form of a ‘do’ and don’t’ list. Remember, these standards only apply to unmanned aircraft that are intended to be sold in the EU market, either fully assembled or in kit form.

Thread: ASP etc gone
27/06/2019 18:48:43

I've had a look round for glow plugs but also cast my net a bit further. Cox International is showing a significantly smaller inventory than they did a little time back. Along with the ARTF shortages is it possible that those in the business have seen the 'writing on the wall' for aero modelling generally??

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
27/06/2019 18:33:30
Posted by Don Fry on 27/06/2019 17:14:58:
But don't confuse a conspiracy theory, with good old fashioned ignorance and stupidly.
None of the above.
Builders: can make easier money converting garages etc for inflated prices than doing the job I require.
Structural engineers: have to prove they are worthy of the name and actually 'design' a bespoke solution.
Welsh water: Bureaucracy!
Then its getting this lot, when I manage to get both of the first two to not back out once they realise the full implications of the job, to interact and agree without running up a very large bill.
The NHS: its North Wales where the health board has been in special measures for 4 years and still no sign of improvement! After last years experience when I had a stroke I'd be much better and safer just staying at home!
27/06/2019 11:21:50

Well, thought I'd pop back and see what's what during a break with my battles with the building trade/structural engineers/Welsh water and now the NHS. Watched some of the video, I was starting to loose the will to live. But, the obvious attitudes, condescending and disparaging, and lack of knowledge/understanding of our operations was manifest. It further reinforced my opinion that we are being used, they just want us to help finance the setting up of the system and then we will be given the big 'E' (elbow) and squeezed out.

16/06/2019 10:41:50

Always with the ridicule in place of logical counter argument, really. Here's a rather innocuous, what used to be a wholly government department, the 'nudge' department **LINK** then there is a more 'doubtful' organisation 'common purpose' that recruits members from all walks of life, industry,civil service, judiciary, NHS, politics etc to progress certain ideals **LINK** IIRC only 6 families control all of the papers in the West. I personally know that in July 2018 on a Saturday there was a march in central London of 74,000 people that never got reported, not on national TV or local or the papers. It's naïve to think that we are not controlled. There is much more but its off topic and the post would be pulled.

16/06/2019 10:08:42

Martin, false flags!!! There are those power blocks that have been 'engineering a crisis' with Iran for some time, they want a war!

16/06/2019 09:51:42

Steve J, do you not get what this is about. Drop your prejudice and think. Governments, and those behind them, need to control the flow of information to the public. They need to manipulate, change and eliminate that which runs counter to their narrative. All the MSM(main stream media), papers, radio and TV are controlled. The BBC is no more than a biased propaganda machine. This control allows them to alter and form public opinion in a way that suits them. Drone technology allows for a counter view from behind the 'line' from a vantage point that could not be achieved any other way allowing the 'official' narrative to be challenged. It also allows light to be shone on establishment activities that could not be seen in any other way. Troublingly, it also allows them to mount 'surveillance' on those areas not covered by fixed cameras, vast though they are. Is it any wonder that governments wish to keep this technology under strict control and for their use only. Safety was just to mobilise public opinion, commercial activity was, in the main, to conceal the true agenda. Call me paranoid if you like but in a world where, saying something to a friend which is unintentionally overheard by a third person(stranger) who takes offence, is classed as a crime(hate crime) and can get you sent to jail for up to 6 years. There are plenty more examples, eg since the UK signed the UN migration pact it is a hate crime to speak against mass migration, its part of the agreement.

16/06/2019 07:47:24

**LINK**

**LINK**

Thought perhaps people may want to see these two videos(before they possibly get taken down). It opens up the field on why all this 'control' of drones is being pushed so hard.

Thread: AJAX
11/06/2019 10:38:00

David, I ended up paring the RC weight down to 6.5gm using readily available and cheap items. I also decided to start my adventures into rubber RC with the ACE as an easier build(not having built 'sticks and tissue' for 60 years).

Unfortunately, due to extreme events in my life everything is now on hold, probably permanently. Without to much detail, it looks certain that I am going to be held financially liable for the actions of the builder/developer of my new house(2007) even though I had no input or control over them. The resulting bill looks to be in excess of 6 figures which I am unable to pay. Thus the utility company will likely undertake the remedial works, considerable, involving mine and three other properties and bill me. This will cause me to go bankrupt, the house will be seized and sold and I and the wife will be homeless. The next week or so should finally confirm the situation.

Its like being violently mugged, having your wallet and all your possessions taken, along with being given a severe beating. Then when you report it to the police being told you are the one, the victim, who is going to be held responsible, charged and prosecuted. My wife said its like blaming a rape victim for the rape.

Thread: Drone harassment
06/06/2019 20:35:10

It is perfectly legal, there is no law against it(not yet anyway), to photograph anyone or anything in/from a public place. You could be infringing other laws if you used a telephoto lens to spy on your neighbours in their bedroom.

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
06/06/2019 20:14:07

Oh John, there you go again. Taking the wrong inference from my comments, never mind. But, you do make me laugh.

06/06/2019 18:57:25

John, The only toys I see being thrown out of the pram are possibly by you. You seem a little sensitive to innocent comments. You never suggest anything, just criticise any alternative strategies. You go ahead and pay as soon as you are able as that's your choice. But, its my opinion, one that I am entitled to hold and voice like you are to counter, that besides having a cosy warm feeling of complying you will be paying towards the end of the hobby for the many. I've answered many/all your questions but from your posts you seem to have difficulty fully understanding them, or are you being deliberately obtuse? I would welcome you coming up with some alternative suggestions to possibly enhance the BMFA's negotiating position other than full compliance, or are you totally bereft of ideas. Nothing wrong with that if that's the case. Because, as far as I can see there is no alternative to compliance or 'side stepping' the registration and fee thus denying them of what they want from us, our money. It may be £16.50/year now but do you really think it will stay that way? Perhaps that doesn't overly bother you? You'll pay the increasing fee and put up with the tighter regulations until in a few years you make the decision to leave and go back to your previous pastimes. Granted its a slim chance but if enough people did it and cause a reasonable reduction in the revenue stream it may have an effect. Do nothing and we will be considered a soft target. Unless the BMFA manage to wring some concessions which I think is unlikely that is the state of play as I see it. Still I live in hope.

06/06/2019 17:55:33

What is most annoying about this scheme is that it won't address the real problem - the phantom rogue drone pilots.

Sorry Nigel, they are just an excuse and to garner public support.

The real problem is US! They don't want us in the lower airspace. They'll tolerate us initially whilst we pay to set up the system. After that they'll squeeze us out by increasing cost and regulation.

06/06/2019 12:39:39

John, we all know your position. You will pay the fee and be a good order follower. That's your choice. Others here are of a different mind and I have been trying to make suggestions, like others, of ways to circumvent and not break the rules/laws at least initially. I know you think it is a meaningless gesture to not pay but if they don't get the income for the first couple of years then they will have to reconsider.

Doc, absolutely. In any conflict it's the good guys who are the first to die.

06/06/2019 12:06:15

Pete, you echo my position exactly. Who knows, some on here may enjoy a bit of free flight etc. as a complete change for a while.

06/06/2019 11:42:13

If you bother to properly read my posts you will see that I have already stated that I will be joining my club and of course paying BMFA.

I'm not arguing about anything, weight limits or otherwise. I'm making suggestions of alternatives.

John, read my previous post again, follow the link, look up RCModelreviews and Xjet on YouTube and do some web searching. If you see nothing then there is little I can do to open your eye's.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!