By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martin McIntosh

Here is a list of all the postings Martin McIntosh has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FrSky Major Update for most TX and RX
25/01/2020 21:12:59

Thanks Mike, but mine is the 10i, not 9X.

25/01/2020 17:29:50

Mike, not heard of ersky, did you mean flysky? I have 6 and 10 ch system on this and they seem very solid but there is a problem with the 10ch in that the rates are 3 position and the s/w to drive them is for 2 position. Cannot get the Tx to talk to my laptop to reload it.

Very reluctant to sell the FrSky because it is just so solid.

Thread: TN Hunter EDF
25/01/2020 09:18:14

Got a reply from TN who says the flap is there so that there is no visual hole. You can fit it or not so I probably won`t.

24/01/2020 19:53:12

Just mailed TN to see if he can shed any wisdom on this debate.

24/01/2020 14:05:45

It must be on his own models for a reason which may be to improve the sound. Full size Hunters are certainly not supersonic.

A clubmate had a HK Vampire and needed to change the thrust angle so incorporated a Coke can. This had the side effect of making it sound like a turbine.

23/01/2020 18:24:49

Having examined and seen Tony`s Concorde fly, those pieces were fitted. Cannot speak for the other mini jets since I did not look that closely. A thrust test with and without the flap should prove the point when I get that far.

How did you get on with the cg position?

23/01/2020 17:10:00

Its the flap directing air to the fan via the cheat hole. Quite clear on the build photos.

21/01/2020 10:17:09

Mine was reprogrammed by the local guru. Probably so that it would function with any later Rx`s I may have bought rather than D or X. That was quite some time ago so do not really remember.

DSM 2 grabs and hogs a couple of frequencies which is why the EU dislikes it.

Mine are JR. I would agree that the Spektrum versions are more than a little suspect and would not touch one.

Thread: TN Hunter EDF
20/01/2020 21:40:12

I see that you have not added the piece facing inwards towards the fan for want of a better description which is shown on the build photos (same on his Concorde) but not on the plan. Not fitted to my 133% version (TN Hunter Plus) yet because I have not got to that stage. I cannot see what this is supposed to do.

20/01/2020 21:30:42

I give up on Taranis. Great range, solid contact with the model maybe but it is just too complex for me. To set up a new model requires a lot of patience and it is too easy to get things wrong. Mine is on global so that, I am told, it will work with any of their Rx`s including D8 and X8 which it does. I have a Tx module to fit an old PCM 9X set so shall keep a couple or so Rx`s but the rest will be up for sale soon. LBT strikes me as a problem waiting to happen. What if the band is full? Give me DSM2 any day.

Thread: Upgrading Windows7 to Win10 for free
16/01/2020 20:44:31

I may be interested in one but can usb 2.0 connectors be used with the only available 3.0 ones?

Thread: CAA registration take-up?
16/01/2020 17:47:40

A newspaper report last week stated that there are currently two `drone` near misses per week so this lot we are lumbered with clearly has had no effect and never will.

Thread: TN Hunter Plus
16/01/2020 17:41:05

I now have the hatch and cheat hole cut out so have programmed the YEP 60A and tested. A healthy 45A/500W resulted from either a 4max 3300 or 2600, both of which seem to fit OK without cutting into the wing LE. With just the wing and battery in place the cg is correct but there is a lot else to add so may have a rethink on the servo positions before I continue, even though these are very light.

Thread: Upgrading Windows7 to Win10 for free
15/01/2020 19:29:45

Just looked at this thread. The last laptop I bought came with Windows 8 which I upgraded to 8.1. Offered W10 for free with the option of reverting within a certain time. It very soon got reverted.

I still have a couple of much older ones on XP. When it comes to downloading pics to this site It is so much easier to find and use the photo files on one of these. Call me a technophobe if you like.

15/01/2020 19:18:34

Sort of got a canopy made now but a bit wobbly on one side. Main problem is that it well and truly stuck to the sanding sealer finished plug but have scraped off the offending bits and can restore to gloss internally with some clear lacquer. Should have given it a dusting of baby powder first I suppose. I tried drawing pins to hold the acetate to the wooden base but that did not work so I stapled it on.

Fin, rudder, tail and most of the strake done and will probably cover as many pieces as I can before glueing on.

Cheat hole, access hatch and nose cone next.

I now have the ESC and batteries but cannot test until the hatch is cut out.

Thread: Hitec 81
13/01/2020 18:28:59

No problem Maurice, we are all here to help each other. Better to be safe than sorry. I have had similar issues resolved on this forum.

13/01/2020 10:55:38

Try disconnecting the other servos and see what happens, some are not compatible with 6V and although they seem to work fine can affect the others.

Does this only happen after a fresh charge? If so ignore it.

The problem is often due to a dirty or worn pot. Also, Hitec use a sprung connection to the pot. centre, not a wire to a wiper. This can get dirty or corroded and can be checked by applying a very small dab of WD40.

To be quite honest, for all these cost, you may as well just replace it.

Thread: TN Concorde
12/01/2020 09:27:13

Coming along well. What power set up will you use? There is a huge amount of wiring to cram into there.

When covering, I found that the sheer length and awkward shape made it difficult to handle. I ironed on some 8mm wide strips to the fus. and wing where they join before the main pieces. This paid off.

Thread: Hitec 81
10/01/2020 20:33:15

I do have a few of the HS 81 and 82 series but when buying new at that size I would always go for the Corona ones. Huge range of them, great price and so far very reliable.

10/01/2020 10:50:35

Thanks for that. It was the original Tim Hooper article I was after but I now have enough info.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us