By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martin McIntosh

Here is a list of all the postings Martin McIntosh has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: GlowSwitch Plus v2.13
12/04/2011 18:59:29
Hi, it only energises at high throttle settings if the plug cools, i.e. if the motor mid range is rich. Under normal circumstances it would be off. Hope this clarifies things.

Martin
11/04/2011 21:35:54
Hi, got two of the AGS-2 from SHM on Saturday and have just finished setting one up on the bench. Quite simple to use and am now glad that I spent the extra money on ones which will energise the glow up to nearly full throttle. Have managed to get it to energise right down to idle as I do not want throttle cut. Highly recommended so far.

Martin
06/04/2011 09:15:17
Thanks for the replies. His ebay shop is empty as is the website.
Shall have another look at the SHM one but I think that the cost for four may be prohibitive.

Martin
05/04/2011 20:39:31
Hi, does anyone know how to contact this heliaddict guy because I am after two twin units and he will not respond. The previous links do not work. Do you know of an alternative other than the SM services one which is rather bulky and I witnessed one drain the battery to nothing after two flights last week.

Martin
Thread: Siebel Si 201 build with lots of pics
21/03/2011 19:37:37
For the next fright I shall angle the motor to the right as seen from the rear and move the u/c further forward. Will tame this tiger in the end as with power off it is like a pussy cat. Keep you posted,

Martin

20/03/2011 19:38:23
Tried to fly mine for the first time yesterday. Despite moving the u/c forward it just nosed over on short grass everytime. A couple of hand launches saw it nosedive to the right. I waited until someone else appeared to give me a launch and found myself holding lots of left aileron, rudder, and up elevator just to keep it in the air. On applying flaps and reducing power to almost nothing it was fine and landed OK. Looks like the vertical thrustline is out although built to plan and a serious amount of sidethrust is necessary.
How have you all got on with this?
14/03/2011 20:28:09
Ton,

No build I am afraid but if I can get my head around `how to post pics here` again I shall try to once it has flown. Yours looks to be a very tidy model.
Now just the Rx and battery to Velcro in. The cg at the moment is about 4mm ahead of that shown which looks rather rearward but will stick with it. Anyone had a problem with this cg position?

Martin
12/03/2011 18:39:58
Thanks Ton, have fixed mine to the wing with a small blob of solder which could be removed, and with difficulty have solarfimed the struts. Just fitting the motor and am nearly there (as I thought about two weeks ago).

Martin
12/03/2011 17:15:20
Cheers for that Tim.

Martin
11/03/2011 22:09:18
Hi Tim, just a quickie. When the wing is fitted, do you screw the stay hinge to the fus or just leave it to tension to keep it in place?

Martin
Thread: Nijhuis 46" Spitfire
10/03/2011 21:29:36
On the 62" Spit I used ally cut to fit inside the wheel well and bent to shape. Acetate sheet was then glued to this and cut to the outside shape. It has lots of `give` in it and conforms to the wing section well. Simple.
Thread: Siebel Si 201 build with lots of pics
24/02/2011 21:46:33
Hi guys, I too took to the Siebel when looking for something interesting for a vintage Mills 1.3, but having started I realised that the motor, having no throttle, would be a waste of time. This having such ugly appeal I decided to go ahead with the electric version which is very near to completion.
One or two points.
Having completed and covered the wing with Solarfilm I realised that it is very susceptible to warping and would recommend shear webbing between the spars.
The tail end fillet, which I am just about to do, appears to be rounded on the plan but the pics seem to show it flat which would be much simpler. Which is correct?
Can I take it that the upper front rounded bits of the canopy frame are not glazed or should it be heat moulded around these or the gaps done with filler?
My thanks to Tim and RCM&E for such an unusual subject.

Martin
Thread: Nijhuis 46" Spitfire
04/02/2011 19:08:45
Hi griffss, see my post on 3.10.10 on this thread. If anyone is interested the first wing I built for this had straight in-line retracts, not angled rearwards, and was tricky to get off the ground and land. I built another with the correct Spitfire geometry which cured the problem. The first remains as it was flown with four servos and retracts and is available for a reasonable offer. It is in almost as new condition.
Thread: Plans
01/02/2011 13:55:12
Thanks for that David.
31/01/2011 23:50:11
Hi Danny, was not aware of that but shall keep it in mind for the future.
Still no response from the Ed?

Thanks, Martin.
31/01/2011 19:09:19
The latest 70" Mk V Spit. Six tiddly sheets and not a complete fus. or wing on any of them!
30/01/2011 14:09:36
Hi KC, yes, I have done this many times but my gripe is that I should not have to!

Martin
Thread: DLE 30 CC throttle setup
29/01/2011 19:04:07
To kill a petrol motor just use an electronic switch or a servo connected to a small toggle switch in the ignition battery feed, operated by a spare channel. Simple and essential.
Thread: Plans
29/01/2011 00:40:23
Hi Alan, I get your point, but have built the Nihuis 11ft Lanc from RCM&E plans which came in three 8ft sheets, so assuming that they use the same printers, this is not on. Any comments Graham A?
28/01/2011 23:59:46
I received the plans and cnc kit today. The cnc looks good but I am a little peeved that the plan does not even give one complete wing half let alone both. For twenty quid this is just not good enough. Also the fus. bits have to be cut and joined. This is just not up to the normal standard at this price. I would have been better off buying two copies of the mag. with the free plan.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us