By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Flyer

Here is a list of all the postings Flyer has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
11/01/2021 18:30:18
Posted by McG 6969 on 11/01/2021 17:55:23:

Thank you all for visiting and commenting, gents.

It really keeps the mojo up. yes

I was a bit surprised today that the epoxy still was a bit tacky. I decided to leave the cleaning up for later and I will leave the central heating turned on as the outside temps are very close to the freezing point nowadays.

I took some measures and decided that I will use the kitchenette to paint the Dog bits instead of converting the old garage box. idea

I'll need to modify the small kitchen into a 'spray booth' with the help of large sheets of painter's masking plastic, but I guess I'll enjoy the fact to have some correct heating, some decent light and even an extracting fan... hot cake cocktail

Cheers & stay prudent all

Chris

Just be mindful that any fumes from spraying inside may take several days to dissipate.......... Don't ask how I know blush And great progress Chris

Thread: Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build
04/01/2021 21:46:49

Yes please, hopefully fully loaded fighter version.

Cheers Ade

ju88.jpg

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 15th Dec
15/12/2020 08:41:54

I can see the light............ enlightened

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
14/12/2020 07:42:16

Great work Chris, it's coming alive now.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
14/12/2020 07:40:51

Well done Pete, shows that consistency matters!

Many thanks to John P for the organisation.

A little surprised, yet pleased to sneak in blind side for third.

All in all, a fun season, and a nice distraction from day to day events. (And I beat my lad for 2nd year in a row ! Better luck next year Stu cheeky).

And thanks to all for taking part, it makes for a little bit of fun.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 3rd Dec (post to enter)
03/12/2020 07:50:23

Me too please

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 2nd Dec (now closed)
02/12/2020 07:50:51

Please include me! Thanks

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 1st Dec (now closed)
01/12/2020 09:39:38

Me too please.

smiley

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
16/11/2020 13:02:21

Thanks Glynn, shims arrived this morning.

Now I need to finish the models on the bench to get this going.

Thanks
Ade

Thread: ARTF SU27 Conversion to Slope
15/11/2020 14:22:43

It's 1.46m wingspan and 1.7m long. Quoted weight for power is under 5kg. I am expecting somewhere around 3kg, and the wing area is huge. Hopefully it will be in the 'mid wind range'.

It is covered with that pre printed oracolor type film, which I will consider spraying once I have test flown it. If it flies well, I may spend a bit more time on it.

Cheers

Ade

15/11/2020 13:50:05

3D Printed Jet Exhausts1.jpgLast year I acquired a part complete Vmar SU27 Flanker. The intention is to PSS it. There were several bits missing, so I've managed to get my lad to design and print the exhausts. I have had to make the air brake, and I am unsure yet whether to mould one in the same way that Dirk made his F86 ones.

Anyway, here's a taster.

front seat passenger (2).jpg

Cheers

Ade

Thread: Island Models A10 for PSS
13/11/2020 13:15:38

cheeky What do you think!! I've only just opened the box. Looks very interesting. Also, just received plastic 1/72nd kit to use a basic reference.

Will commence once I've built the wings for the F86 and TF86.

Cheers
Ade

Thread: Flyer's F86 Sabre
12/11/2020 15:50:22

Close Peter. As far as I can gather, it was designed as a trainer, and I believe only three were made, yet only pictures of two survive. As an aside, my version will be the one that crashed........

Chris's version I believe was developed for carrier use, but I may be wrong on that. No doubt Chris will confirm in due course.

Cheers

Ade

12/11/2020 12:50:19

Very nice Martin, glad to see that the canopy looks about right. I finally have two fuselages that have been glued together, and will be tackling the tail ends this weekend. Work's been the priority since April, so have had my time severely limited. Am currently printing the final pilots for the TF86, and will then be in a position to commence on the wings.

Should have some time over Xmas to finalise both.

Again, superb looking model.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: 2020 PSSA Mass Build - Sabre - The Completed Model Thread!
12/11/2020 12:45:35

Nice work Martin. Expected completion date of mine is early February! How does the weight compare to the single seater?

smile d

Cheers

Ade

07/11/2020 11:18:18

I quite fancy this

ju88.jpg

06/11/2020 14:14:15

Many thanks Richard, nice package arrived this morning. I will have jars available later for when I open it so that I can bottle the aroma of a freshly cut kit. I think there could be a market for 'Au de Balsa'. I reckon that could become a best seller!

wink

cheers

Ade

Thread: Limited Company, annual accounts and accountancy fees
06/11/2020 07:36:24

I would suggest that you change the requirement to an 'audit' to 'an independent examiner's report'. If an auditor is required, the work a suitably qualified auditor needs to do is more than an independent report. That should satisfy Companies House, and should reduce your accountancy fees.

I believe that people misuse the term 'audit', and you should only require an independent examiner's report. But make sure the articles of association (the document creating the company and defines its powers) shows that an audit is not required.

If you'd like to pm me Peter, I'd be happy to clarify. (it's my day job!)

Regards
Ade

05/11/2020 17:58:31

Fighter version here please!

Now hoping for a long building season..........................

Cheers
Ade

04/11/2020 16:36:25

oooooo nice. Lovely looking label too ............... and plush manual, looks like quality paper too. Had almost smell the balsa from here .

angel

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Subscribe now
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!