By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Flyer

Here is a list of all the postings Flyer has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Life Today and Customer "Choice".
21/10/2016 13:44:31

Think you all need this establishment: zep diner.jpg

Thread: What star sign are you? Is there a trend with flyers?
20/10/2016 22:46:11

But they didnt notice that the 747 lost weight on the treadmill..............at least I do when I go on mine.....

And I've not voted too; don't know if it's cause fo my star sign or I've forgotten the question

Anyways, back to the satisfaction of using ammonia to bend balsa sheet...............

cheeky

Thread: A question of physics.....
12/10/2016 22:13:52
Posted by WolstonFlyer on 12/10/2016 22:04:51:

You need some more wine Flyer, cocktail

Always . It's just the glass that gets smaller....... now maybe that's another thread..........

12/10/2016 22:02:35

You are answering a different question BEB; the question was can it take off, not will it

Now awaits the wrath of the moderator............

smile p

12/10/2016 21:56:25
Posted by WolstonFlyer on 12/10/2016 21:54:12:
Posted by Flyer on 12/10/2016 21:52:22:

The question was though ' can it fly'........

The question says 'can it take off' , not can it fly.

I apologise Wolston, it's the merlot talking ! But same applies, aircarft CAN take off. That answers the question.

Now where did I leave those thinners..............

12/10/2016 21:52:22

The question was though ' can it fly'........and the assumption has to be yes, as it's a 747, regardless of all of the distractions.

...........now back to my sanding............

12/10/2016 21:30:46

You need a winter build project Mr Wolston................. disgust

12/10/2016 21:26:44

The question is.... Can the plane take off???......... not is it. The plane can always take off, regardless. Whether it choses too is another question.

Think I'll get back to my winter build............. cheeky

Thread: Hole cutting in Liteply
12/10/2016 15:21:08

All valid points, many of which I've forgotten since my A level woodwork days.

Maybe a thread on basic safety in the workshop could be useful?

Familiarity breeds contempt as they say.

And now that there are many affordable power tools out there, we probably all should take a moment to consider the safety aspect before switching on.

Could save a few fingers that are needed for flying !!!

thumbs up

12/10/2016 11:45:50

Thanks all,

I think I;ll use the hole saws for the larger holes, whilst the flat bits will be used for the smaller holes.

Cheers

Ade

12/10/2016 09:42:28

Hi guys,

Just about to commence winter project and am looking for best way to cut holes in 4mm liteply. I seem to recollect that there are cutters out there that should do the job, but am looking for recommendations, as I will be making a lot of holes!!!

Cheers

Ade

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events
09/10/2016 21:58:18

Thanks for the great welcome guys, was a pleasure to finally meet you lot and put a face to a name. Many thanks too to Tim for the 3 minute twiddle of my thumbs on his Vulcan (now another model in the 'muts build' library!).

Really enjoyed the company and thanks for the words of encouragement. And my good lady and daughter also enjoyed the weekend, so great result.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: Flyer's RNZAF 50th Anniversary A4
07/10/2016 10:37:35

cockpit trial fit.jpgWork has conspired yet again to stop me completing the A4; however, I will take her up to the Orme on Staurday, as I need a little advice from the experienced guys so that I can complete her. Also, have discovered that SWMBO does NOT appreciate me using primer in the conservatory!!!! Thus I will have to wait until a weekend in order to finish the spraying., secret

At least it's starting to look like an A4, even if it is from a long way away and wearing dark glasses lol.

probe and cockpit .jpg

Thread: Dumfries A4
04/10/2016 22:27:25

Nice work Malcolm

04/10/2016 22:01:44

canopy trial fit.jpgcockpit 3.jpgcockpit 2.jpgWork gets in the way of everything!!!!

Just a relief to get this far; I can now see myself finishing the A4, although it wont fly this coming weekend. crying 2 But since I've spent so long on the project I may as well finish it to the best of my abilities.

I have enjoyed the build, and have also learnt quite a few new techniques, which will be handy for my winter build project (s) !

The A4 now is coming to life by painting the excellent pilots from real model piolts, and I must thank Malcolm Baird for his assistance in obtaining something reasonable for the cockpit. Given that it's my first scale attempt, I am reasonably happy, although I do want to improve with the next few models. This is surely what this mass build is about!

I'll bring the A4 up to the Orme this weekend, just to get a few opinions on a few items I need to finish.

Cheers

Ade

cockpit 1.jpg

30/09/2016 22:10:23

Soo it's a curry at the Afon then.......... everyone happy secret We will just be pleased to get there, as I'm still finishing my A4 as well as trying to get another hack model ready!

Looking forward to seeing you lot on the 'Orme........ weather looking promising too.

Cheers

Ade

21/09/2016 22:15:33

canopy 2.jpgFinally had my canopy back today; work still manic, so not had a chance to cut it down; but I am happy with my first attempt at producing a mould. Elsdest off to Uni on Saturday, so build can recommence on Sunday to make sure I can maiden at the Orme in October.

canopy 1.jpg

21/09/2016 12:39:35

Hi Tim, we will be 3 covers anyway, wherever we end up. As far as the Indian, would be ok with ordering and waiting......... has a fussy wife and daughter!!

But will go with the majority

Cheers

Ade

13/09/2016 13:27:51

Great video Chris, and great to see all those A4's. Shame we could'nt make it, but work conspired against me. Also, my canopy still has not arrived.

Already re-booked B & B in Llandudno, so we will get there next time for certain.

And my A4 will be finished by then too.

smiley

06/09/2016 07:34:13

glassing 2.jpgFinally managed to make a start on the glassing; used Deluxe Materials, applied by using SWMBO credit card, satisfactory finish, and will be able to complete task this evening.

As you can see in the background, I've also prepared a conversion from power, as my hack model. Wonder if I'll be allowed to fly this naked on Saturday ??? !!! And before you lot comment, I mean in primer!

Not enough hours in the day!

glassing 1.jpg

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!