By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Flyer

Here is a list of all the postings Flyer has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wales 3 Belgium 1
01/07/2016 23:05:10

In the words of Gary Lineker................Nos Dda.............. laugh

Just shows how a team can beat a bnunch of talented individuals............maybe the BMFA should take note?

Thread: How hard do you tighten yours?
30/06/2016 22:37:04

Use a washer too on the hub? It will distribute the load across the hub, thus reducing excess compression.

wink

Thread: Flyer's RNZAF 50th Anniversary A4
29/06/2016 23:28:17

I'm trying to catch up , honest............... blush Here's some pics to prove that I have actually started. Tbh, now that I have I am really getting into it. Hopefully glue up fuselage over the weekend, then at least it will (hopefully) look like an A4........

rnzaf3.jpg

Thread: Iceland 2 Muppets 1
29/06/2016 15:56:22

I think the problem with the English FA is that ...........( in best Nicholson 'accent'......).... Truth, you cant Handle the Truth'.....

So they'll end up appointing another 'yes man'. Possible that a man called Jeremy may become available very shortly.... smile p

29/06/2016 15:52:05

Also, just ordered my two jet jockey's from Real Pilots........ progress at last!!

29/06/2016 10:01:04

Strangely, I am starting to enjoy the build. I've not built from a plan in probably 20 years, so I'm a little 'rusty'. As I've extended the fuselage I have had to build a new battery box, and add an additional former (now called 'A2a'. The help I've received from other builds has been invaluable, although I've still made the 'odd' mistake. I have decided to go with the supplied nose section, as it appears close enough to my 1/48th plastic kit. I am also hoping to shoehorn a 'Real Model Pilot' half pilot and seat into the gap. I will try and post pictures up this evening of progress.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: BREXIT
24/06/2016 09:59:15

......rushes off to stockpile balsa.............. smile p

23/06/2016 09:41:38

Finally started! But have realised that the length of the two seater requires the joining of two pieces of 1/8th balsa. Is a scarf joint going to be strong enough? Bearing in mind I'm adding an additional former similar in dimensions to A2.

Also. the nose is slightly different profile, so I'm adjusting that.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: Steve McLaren's version of the A4 Skyhawk
24/05/2016 22:31:09

Well done Steve,

Your'e just a little ahead of me; although I've been making my building board for the next three builds. Look forward to seeing your progress, and you make a valid point that it's useful for us first time plan builders to follow others that have already experienced the issues we are coming up against. Look forward to seeing yours fly Steve.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events
24/05/2016 22:00:21

It was great to meet a few of you late on Sunday. Next time I will have a model with me. Great flying site, so well worth the 2hr trek east.

And SWMBO was still enjoying her picnic with our youngest when I got back to the ice cream car park wink

Will definitely make the effort to get to a few more meets.

Great pics too, but I am looking forward to the ones of the Lightning on a low pass..........

Cheers

Ade

20/05/2016 22:43:12

Thanks Steve, will try to pop over for an hour.

cheers

Ade

20/05/2016 22:15:30

Hi Steve,

weather looks ok for the afternoon; will you be posting up on here where you may be flying? There's a chance I'll be able to pop up late afternoon, although I've not managed to get anything flyable as of yet due to work. It's SWMBO's birthday Sunday, so may 'take her on a picnic'........... wink Hope the weather god's are good.

cheers

Ade

Thread: A-4 Skyhawk colours, photos, scale references
18/05/2016 16:54:02

Thanks for the pilot info Phil; I was just wondering if I could squeeze a half figure in as I'm doing the two seater? I've not measured yet the distance from the revised cockpit to see if I could drop it down to the top of the battery box.

If I could I may try and do my first ever cockpit.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: Full Council Agenda 14/5/2016
29/04/2016 16:55:08

Perhaps the real reason for wanting an excess is the quote that ' 5,000 or so members were not renewing'; it follows therefore, that the costs of the organisation are levied across an ever decreasing membership. The other way to balance the books is to reduce costs ....... turkeys voting for xmas comes to mind.

Just my two pennerth

Ade

Thread: It's One Of Life's Great Mysteries
29/04/2016 11:26:58

That's why god( or insert your preferred option) made aero-modelling ! I find the secret to a happy marriage is the ability to say mmmm or yes, or I see your point, whilst pondering the wing incidence of my next creation and how I'm going to get the control surfaces to function properly.

Conversely............ever try talking to your wife when she's watching 'quality television'..... rattle snake charming is safer

thinking

Thread: C17 Globemaster III - 1/15th Scale for PSS
29/04/2016 09:30:20

Wow, great build so far Andy. You've also just given me an idea on how to join the X29 wings. Keep up the god work.

Looking forward to seeing this one fly.

Ade

Thread: Things to do on the slope
29/04/2016 09:09:47

Will a bomb release on the F22 foamy be acceptable, and within the rules? Will be hacking it abroad over the weekend with it's conversion.

Cheers

Ade

Thread: F22 Foamy for PSS????
27/04/2016 07:44:26

Due to all the positive comments above ( smile p   I feel I must try! I will be blanking off the intakes, so hopefully that will have some positives. As I usually build bricks, this may be just the thing!

Not sure what model it is Scott, but will post pics up on the weekend when I commence the conversion. Will, of course, take video of the maiden. At the end of the day, if it will not fly nice, it's taking up space that could be occupied by something that does.

Cheers

Ade

devil

27/04/2016 07:44:25

Due to all the positive comments above ( smile p   I feel I must try! I will be blanking off the intakes, so hopefully that will have some positives. As I usually build bricks, this may be just the thing!

Not sure what model it is Scott, but will post pics up on the weekend when I commence the conversion. Will, of course, take video of the maiden. At the end of the day, if it will not fly nice, it's taking up space that could be occupied by something that does.

Cheers

Ade

devil

26/04/2016 17:29:42

Hi Guys,

Just remembered I bought a edf foamy F22 last year; the previous owner had not been able to get it airborne very easily. This may be the quickest way for me to get anything PSS to fly for the May meet.

It needs a bit of tlc, and I am looking to use brown paper and pva to strengthen the foam. also, I'll be removing the fan, and fitting a ballast box in the fuselage. I may check/ add wing spars too.

The question I am faced with is will the tailerons have enough control authority? Baring in mind the wingspan is approx a metre. The other option is to use ailerons too, but use them as a sort of elevon, as the shape of the wing is predominately a delta. Anyone flown something like it slopeside?

cheers

Ade

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!