By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Flyer

Here is a list of all the postings Flyer has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PSSA 2016 - 30th anniversary
22/10/2015 22:29:46

I am intending to join in with the mass build 2016, and may even attempt a own designed PSS. Is stand-offish-scale-in-very-bad-lighting close enough to qualify as a PSS?

Also, now that SWMBO has had the house bits sorted, I should be able to return to building and flying, work permitting of course.

Look forward to meeting up on the slopes with you lot; even though I think the Bwlch is at least 2 hrs from here, and the Orme will be 4.5hrs.

Better pack me sandwiches !! beer

Adrian

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events 2019
02/10/2015 12:11:10

Praying for rain at the moment............so that I have the excuse to retire to my man cave to carve out a new PSS model so that I too may be able to join you lot . I have a few on the wish list, but doubt I could get anything together for this year crying 2. But will certainly make next year . wink 2

Thread: New caption competition!
28/09/2015 21:47:13

After leaving his transmitter on charge on the kitchen worktop, Dave felt a little co*k at the fly in............ embarrassed

Thread: Rugby Union World Cup 2015
28/09/2015 21:40:08

NOt bad for our second string............ though we may still not qualify!!! Tough game Thursday, then it may come down to having to beat Australia; then I'd be worried.

Twas nice that the game lived up to the hype though; could have gone either way; it's what the World Cup is all about.

Thread: New caption competition!
28/09/2015 21:23:18

After being hen-pecked at home, he thought he'd be safe at the fly-in.............. thinking

Thread: Drones Again........
22/09/2015 13:52:17

I think the problem is not so much as the term 'drone', but the lack of sensible use by the person operating. I would suggest that the majority of people purchasing the 'drones' do not realise that they need to confirm with the regulations put in place by the CAA. I think we are all worried that model flying may inadvertently fall under increased legislation (as per gun clubs etc) by the inconsiderate use by people who fly these things inappropriately.

The end users need to be brought into clubs etc to ensure that they are aware of the operating regulations. There is a place for all model aircraft (including drones), as long as they are used responsibly. In that sense, there are many club flyers who need to revise the BMFA handbook !!! as even a small trainer could cause a lot of damage.

If people are aware of their responsibilities, and they chose to ignore them, then by all means throw the book at them.

Just my two pennarth.

Thread: Ballasting model
18/09/2015 14:50:06

Cool lads, will try and meet up. Will try and fly this weekend (first for 3 years) and will post pics up.

18/09/2015 14:28:58
Posted by Andy Meade on 18/09/2015 12:21:33:

I love it when that picture gets posted yes

Adrian - is there a local club, and what is access like on the Preselis? Looking around on Google maps looks like it might be a bit of a trek (not a problem generaelly) but I am in the area next week and fancy a few more hills to fly from.

Thanks!

I'm a member of Haverfordwest Model Flying Club; not many of the members now fly slope, as advancing years are taking a toll. The most likely slope to use early next week is off Castleblythe (east of Puncheston village). You can park on the roadside and the walk up is reasonable. If work allows, I may try and get out with my foamie ( been way too long since I last flew). (I 'may' be able to sneak out and by on the slope by 6pm lol)

Adrian

18/09/2015 14:14:40

Hi CJ, I fly off Castleblythe (near Puncheston) on a Northerly/nwesterly, and off the road from Rosebush to Myanchlogddu (anythuing from due west to s east.

Hoping to get something flyable by end of October, hopefully scale KA8 or DG1000 or a Pat Teakle Pic 20. My large Fox will have to wait ......

catch you on the slope

Adrian

15/09/2015 23:09:37

Nice looking model Mark...........not sure about the launcher tho....lol disgust

15/09/2015 23:00:30

Thanks for that Mark, it just makes sense now I've seen how to do it. Roll on 'El Ninio'....... Our slope is perfect with a strong North westerly lol

Adrian

15/09/2015 22:55:09

Thanks for the above lads,

I think I have a few old airframes in the hangar that 'may' get an airing. I'm not sure if the slopes I use would be suitable, but that's half the fun! I will have to try the 2016 mass build PSS and meet up with you guys. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I'll put up pics once I've something to fly, along with progress reports.

Cheers

Adrian

15/09/2015 16:09:36

Hi guys,

Been doing a bit of slope soaring off the Preseli's (westest west wales) and have seen all of your PSS models. We do enjoy a lot of wind here, so am looking at building a PSS for use on windier than I would normally fly days.

The question is, obviously I will need to ballast the model more, would the ballast need to be on the c of g or would it be better slightly in front? Am thinking of a TN Vulcan, but am open to ideas.

Cheers

Adrian

Thread: Black wire
09/09/2015 10:30:09

Just binned a switch and battery due to corrosion being in evidence. Would the receiver be suspect too? I will of course do a range check before flying, but could this be a problem?

Cheers

Ade

Thread: Does anyone still Fly ducted fans??
07/08/2015 17:10:36

Hi all,

Just been sorting through my man cave and have come across a skyhawk model with an os91 in it. Think I'll get it up and running, but would welcome any advice as to getting the best out of the engine.

thanks

Adrian

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us