By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Miller

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Miller has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: C No Ohmen
24/06/2019 11:27:46

I did say that they were flush with the tiop of the ribs and that the capstrips brought the level of the surface up tpo match the hatches

24/06/2019 08:28:53

The hatches are very simple.

1) glue a srip of 1/4" sq. hardwood along each rib flush with the edge of the rib where you want the hatch.

2) cut the hatch from 1/16" ply and glue on two small pieces of 1/4" thick hard wood to suit the servo. I like to add a screw to hold the wood to the ply.

3) cut a slot of the output arm.

The servo is screwed to the block with the arm through the slot. The ply plate is screw to the strips along the ribs.The rib capstrip bring the ribs up tomatch the hatch.

The picture shows the inside view of such a hatch although in this case I had to use a pushrod to the bellcrank.

dscf4110.jpg

Thread: Why can't I reply to a PM
22/06/2019 12:46:52

The problem first slowed up ladt night. I had shut the computer off completely overnight.. Still no joy

22/06/2019 10:37:35

That didn't work!!

22/06/2019 08:39:19

I have a PM that I want to reply to.

When I type it out and press send all I get is a message that "this page is not available."

Why?

Thread: Switching Brand
20/06/2019 10:56:06

I always wonder how people can use 12 channels. We have club members with 12 channel Txs. They have never managed to use more that 6. I can see possibly using 7. In my case that would be to make the pilot gesticulate extremely rude gestures as I couldn't think of anything else.

Thread: Who said it would never happen in our lifetime
20/06/2019 09:08:21

The real problem is not all the emissions. The real problem is population.

Someone let slip on the radio the other day that the world population has DOUBLED since 1976

All those extra people want cars, heating, lighting, air travel (Well a lot of them) and all the goods.

Then we have the huge costs of making clothes unless we all turn nudist. This has been highlighted onthe radio recently

In short, as long as the population keeps growing at that rate there is NOTHING that will stop polution.and emissions

Never mind, we won't have to. Nature has a way of dealing with over population. A nice big plague will bring it down to civilised levels!

ME? I won't be here I am very glad to say.

Thread: The Ohmen
20/06/2019 08:26:45

MIne is just where Trevor put his. You can hardly notice it. It has the advantage that it is cose the the rear of the battery. The air flows in under the motor, over the speed controller where it is most needed and then past the battery and straight out. IT WORKS

19/06/2019 18:14:06

THere is a big hole in the front cockpit floor which allows the hot air out

19/06/2019 14:24:15

The ESC should be cooled OK as the chin intake makes sure that there is a flow straight onto it

Thread: Confirmation - The World Really Has Gone Mad......
19/06/2019 13:40:14

I did actually fit windtones to my last Reliant. They worked really well, sounded like a big truck.

Two classic examples, a lady pulling out of a side road after delivering her brats to school. A gentleman in a big Volve Estate who thought the could back out of a parking space 'cos he wasn't waiting for a Reliant.

They both beat a hurried retreat!!

Thread: The Ohmen
19/06/2019 13:23:49

By all means change the cowl shape. Cooling air is pretty important. A small scoop on top of the cowl and of coure the chin intake help.

You should be able to fit a slightly bigger spinneras well.

Modifying and customising a design to suit ones own needs and/or ideas is part of the fun of modelling

19/06/2019 12:39:29

It looks as if you are using a different motor and prop driver to my original.

If using a different set up it is just a case of cutting and adjusting to suit.

It looks as if you could open up the hole in the ply ring to clear the motor. The cowl ring might end up about 1/8" wide but it isn't load bearing so that is no problem.

Your prop driver looks thinner thanthe one on my 4-Max motor. possibly you could pack the prop forward a little The other possible option would be to cut the ring from 1/16" ply.

I hope this helps.

Thread: Confirmation - The World Really Has Gone Mad......
19/06/2019 11:57:24

I just got back from shopping this morning. Coming down my quiet country lane. My car is not particulalry quiet as it iw powerfed by a twin cylinder 600 cc dumper truck engine.

A youngish bloke (about 25) walking down the road with his dog off the lead and his I player plugged into his ears.

I ended up a few feet behind him before he realised I was creeping along him and he made a grab for his dog.

Other people are not so considerate to dog walkers and the vans etc don't slow down at all.

I think I need to fit windtones on my car!!

19/06/2019 08:37:35

I live in a country lane which is the local dog walk which is only wide enough for one car. It is common to see the dog walkers staring at their screens BUT

the other morning one woman was walking down the road with her dog while she was staring at her screen. She glanced up as I came down the road and then back at her screen and never looked up again. Her dog could have swung out in front of the car or she could have wandered off line.

I have had a dash cam for years ever since more than once people came round a bend coming out of the village on my side of the road.

Thread: Valdez Stol Record breaker build blog
18/06/2019 20:50:33

Hi Martin

Yes,the magazine plan was wrong, I missed that when proofing the plan.

I used 2 layers of 1/32" sheet and three of 1/16" sheet. Tim is using a slightly different combination.

He seems happywith hist,I liked mine but Iknow that one could use four of 1/16".I think my original gives a better sharp edge ar reg slat trailing edge

I hope that helps

ACtually my instructions are correct in thex magazine

Edited By Peter Miller on 18/06/2019 20:51:21

Thread: Elevator joiner wire plastic tube bearing
18/06/2019 18:15:10

I use brass tube when there is any distance between the two elevators

Thread: C No Ohmen
18/06/2019 18:12:43

Thanks Piers.I should have posted this picture showing exactly what I was talking aboutballerina const 013.jpg

18/06/2019 08:20:13

Hi Chris.

Your work is excellent. and no need to worry about "too many steps". The more information and ideas the better as others always can learn from them and say "Oh, I like that way better"

I agree that cutting the tubes aback a little and a hole in the top centre section sheet is the obvious way to go, in fact the only way to do it.

When I am gluing down the top leading edge sheet I clamp it to the spar with a paper clip in each rib bay. THen I pin it down to the leading edge with map pins every couple of inches. THis just my way of doing it and what ever system works is fine.

17/06/2019 08:30:07

Coming along nicely

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us