By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Miller

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Miller has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New Legislation And Trainee Requirements
23/10/2019 13:46:17

I think that is really good and far better than most (including myself) could have expected

23/10/2019 12:04:13

I was just wondering,Once we register and pay the fee, It would seem logical that our BMFA number would be a suitable number to put on our models.

Sorry that I used the word "logical"!

23/10/2019 11:36:41

Thanks for that Matty

23/10/2019 08:17:19

I was not aware that the CAA test was on line. Nor have I heard that A cert holders are exempt.

Clarify please

Edited By Peter Miller on 23/10/2019 08:17:54

Thread: Protecting a plan
22/10/2019 12:17:19

I can safely say that after I have finished building my plans cannot even be used for wrapping up the rubbish and shavings. But I do have the orginal tracing and PDF files.

Well many of them although there is someone who has vast stocks of my old tracings because I just do not have the storage space and trying to find one of the old ones was amajor operation that could take half an afternoon.

One day he plans to sell them at a vast profit!!!!

Thread: Mark’s Peggy Sue 2 Build
22/10/2019 12:12:33

I think I will have to give Mark my plans and let him do all the photos for the build article and blog.laugh

Thread: The Ohmen
22/10/2019 08:33:12

An interesting approach but it should work well.

Of course you save all the hassle of the separate top hacth too.

Thread: silver solarfilm
21/10/2019 20:55:13

Balsaloc )They still have it in stock, I just bought some) is reccomended for ply

Thread: Protecting a plan
21/10/2019 20:53:33

I use the backing from covering film. I have used clingfilm but find that it tends to be too weak.

Another dodge is to rub the plan with candle wax. A tea light will provide wax for years

21/10/2019 14:26:13

My Fault,I started it

Thread: What are your three favourite war movies?
21/10/2019 11:42:50

Yes, the original "Memphis Belle" was good.

The later one is totally wrong in so many ways.

Some of the incidents featured in that travesty did happen but at different times to different aircraft.

It is no wonnder that the original crew refused to allow their names to be used on that film.

Thread: Peter Miller asks what next?
21/10/2019 11:38:59

Yes, I know that one, a control line stunter, even more semi scale than mine.

Considering that only two were ever built it is surprisingly popular as a model.Ebay has several french magazines featuring plans for it.

21/10/2019 11:07:57

I have just drawn up a very semi scale Stampe Monitor. Very semi scale because there is so little in the way of photos and the 3 views can best be described as "iffy"

This is for electric power and farly easy to build, a bit like a distorted "The Ohmen"

Thread: Greetings from Spain
21/10/2019 09:19:34

Hi Jesus.

My first ever really successful flight with a model was with a Wakefield rubber powered model. I can still clearly remember that flight and the exact scenery where it happened.

The second time I took it out was with my mother. I asked her to hold it while I stretch wound the motor. The rear motor peg pulled out and about 250 grams of wound rubber took all the cross members out of the fuselage.

I had a small Argentinian book on model aircraft and I learned so much from that book.

I am sure that your scan of your Jungmeister could be brightened up etc on a good photo editing program.

If you would like to email me a copy I will PM you my email address and I can have a go. if you want

Edited By Peter Miller on 21/10/2019 09:21:11

21/10/2019 09:09:08

NOw that gets confusing. The curved fairing is now on the model of the Belgian one. andthe tailplane shape is acording to one 3-view while the tailplane shape is as per the french one but the 3 view of that has the curved fairing.

Basically I shall build as drawn and the nit pickers can decide what they want to with it.

21/10/2019 09:04:30

Hi Chris.

Because I have not included the small curved fairing at the front of the fin it will be the SR7 but as I said, it is "stand way,way off scale"

This week I will have the prints and PDFs done of my drawing and will email them to you. PM me with your email address

Edited By Peter Miller on 21/10/2019 09:05:38

Thread: What are your three favourite war movies?
20/10/2019 21:11:23

Funny no one has mentioned "the Enemy Below"

THis is a very short (93 minutes) but a very clever film with very little bloodshed at all and it leaves one with a good feeling but a lot of tension

It was on TV a few days ago and I am sure it will be back. Worth watching as the tension really builds.

Robert Mitchum and Curt Jurgens star in it. and believe it or not it leaves one feeling quite good. It dates from 1953

Thread: Old 35mHz Futaba
20/10/2019 18:35:02

I still have my beloved FF8 and a stack of recievers.

20/10/2019 18:32:54
Posted by McG 6969 on 19/10/2019 14:11:00:

... superb job as usual, Mark

... and a pleasure to follow your thread. yes

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

I have just finished drawing up an very stand off scale Stampe Monitor. 52" span for electric power.

Thread: How far do you travel to fly at your club?
20/10/2019 11:22:54

We used to have to do about 12 miles to each of our three sites, That was for me and I was pretty central.

Now we have our own field it is 3 miles away by road and even less fpr a couple of members, but about 8 miles for most.

If I was to walk across the fields it is only just over a mile!!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us