By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ken Lighten

Here is a list of all the postings Ken Lighten has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Powered by Laser, a gallery thread
14/12/2017 21:47:28

Been following his build on RCscalebuilder forum, amazing workmanship on the metalwork

Thread: Is there a foam safe CA that available in ‘normal’ shops?
07/12/2017 13:14:58

I tried the ‘Instant Bond’ sold in the same 2g tubes on some scrap hoping it would be the same as the ‘functional’ but it desolves the foam

Ken

06/12/2017 23:06:33

Typical!, Wilco’s functional super glue is only sold in certain stores - and the one in our town ain’t one of them!

bit the bullet and ordered some online 😒

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 07/12/2017 09:25:44

05/12/2017 21:02:46

I’ll give that a go too, cheers Dave

05/12/2017 19:15:34

Thanks for all the responses chaps,

it’s the Brisfit that I’m building too Ron (I’ve been following your posts closely), and am using Uhu POR for the most part, it was the rigging I wanted it for but Hadn’t noticed that it’s only the tail that goes through foam, in which case I shall do as you have.

Must say I’m quite enjoying this build even with my shaky hands!

Ken

05/12/2017 14:48:13

I’m building a Microaces model and I’m after some foam safe super glue that I can go to Wickes or similar to buy rather than having to wait for the postman! - if at all possible, if anyone has suggestions they would be much appreciated

Ken

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
30/11/2017 16:58:22

My latest completed model, a Falcon models ‘Falcon 36’, my first go covering with laminating film - brilliant stuff! covered over the top with coloured tissue and Eze-dope

Falcon.jpeg

Thread: Black Horse Chipmunk
04/11/2017 10:42:56

Hi Mike,

Take it to B&Q or similar and get a tester pot of colour match mixed - only costs a couple of quid and will be enough to paint a fleet, if the tester probe thingy they use to get the colour can’t detect it (not big enough area or variations of shade etc) then go through the colour sample cards, it’s surprising how close they can be in tone and shade - certainly good enough for me anyway

Ken

Edited By Ken Lighten on 04/11/2017 10:43:29

Thread: New To Planes
11/09/2017 16:26:27

enjoy the rest of the build Dai!

11/09/2017 11:56:29

Hi again David,

Jon is correct in his description of the term 'doubler', to clarify, my last post was referring to the plan for the Olympian, if you look below the wing in the side view you will should see a dashed line about 6mm below the wing, this is the edge of the 'doubler' in this case, if you look at formers F3 and F4 you'll see a notch cut into the top corners to allow for them

Regards

Ken

11/09/2017 09:20:27

Hello David,

I think the instructions you have are referring to the strip of balsa glued onto the inside faces of the fuselage sides directly below the top edge where the wing sits, it acts as a reinforcement to the opening in the top of the fuselage and gives a thicker base on fuselage top for the wing to sit on. It's shown as a dashed line below the wing in the side view.

Regards

Ken

Thread: Violent Thunder Tiger
08/09/2017 11:56:06

Graeme's right, just checked my TT four stroke book and it does indeed show the nuts assembled in the wrong order in the exploded view!!

Graeme, if you look at the photo of the engine on the booklet cover it shows the correct assembly order - at least it does on mine!

Ken

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
30/07/2017 20:02:06

**LINK**

Is this the same plan/cut parts? If so, it SEEMS to be still available here, haven't looked into it in any detail myself

Ken

Thread: Elveden country show
09/07/2017 16:03:49

Was at the Elveden country show today and was pleased to see the local club actually able to have a flying display which was very well operated and a pleasure to watch with some skilful aerobatics and standard club flying - well done chaps

Ken

Thread: Las Vegas car hire
08/07/2017 08:54:44

Thanks for all the replies, yeah I remember Rent a Wreck from my previous excursions to LV via the RAF, it does seem that the Mustang might be the way I'll have to go, shame really but as you say, they don't make it easy do they!

Have a nice day!

Ken

07/07/2017 19:49:02

hi all,

I'm having to go to Las Vegas for a family wedding and have been trying to find a car hire company that does classic cars of the '57 Chevy variety to use as a treat for the happy couple as their wedding chariot. Looking online isn't helping much so I thought I'd give the vast wealth of knowledge on this forum has any ideas or experience of such things

Thanks in advance

Ken

Thread: 1/10 Fokker DVII
07/07/2017 10:38:43

Still watching, mightily impressed with the detailing already, more going into this indoor rubber than I've seen in many radio control jobs - mine included! 👏

Thread: Anet A8
13/06/2017 17:05:30

If you only knew how long I've been trying to do that!, YES, please do make it available, you'd be making a middle aged man very happy!

Thread: 1/10 Fokker DVII
10/06/2017 23:10:23

I shall be watching this one!

Thread: M2 threads on piano wire
06/06/2017 10:57:54

Solder a clevis onto the plain end, you should only need adjustment at one end, just make sure the wire is properly cleaned before hang, I normally file a slight taper onto the rod and just push the clevis onto it, proper tight joint that way

Ken

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!