By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dizz

Here is a list of all the postings Dizz has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: E-flite Sea Fury
04/05/2009 13:36:10
Sorry for the delay in replying Shaun, things have gone a bit haywire for me the last month.  Had another 6 flights with my 114 yesterday and off again later for another 6 (I have 6 Lipos!)  Found a good paint match for the dark sea grey upper surfaces: Tamiya Acrylic XF-54 Dark Sea Grey!!!!  Not found a decent match for the underside yet, but the white doesn't show so much anyway.
Funny you should have mentioned the SR177 because I had it in the car this morning to take down to Cornwall for a first flight, but I decided to stay in Brixham instead so the maiden has been put off yet again.
Pete  

Edited By Dizz on 04/05/2009 13:38:19

03/04/2009 14:58:48
After waiting 4 months I finally managed to get a first flight in with mine the other day at Osbornby.  Following Shaun's "adventures" with his Sea Fury I was ready for the worst...........

It didnt have any problems taking off from the grass (but the field is like a bowling green), gear up, climbed away nicely, levelled off and turned downwind to sort out the trims.  Except the trims didn't need touching at all!  Then followed some aeros and low passes until the 5 minute timer went and a greaser of a landing.  I had 6 flights altogether and each one was a blast.  It looked the business against a clear blue sky and I was very impreessed with the flying qualities.  The only slight down side is the way a foamie looks tatty so quickly, but this is a great little model and one I would throughly recommend to anyone.

I will now make some plasticard undercarriage doors and tidy up the UBEC installation before the next session.

Pete 
Thread: The April Grand Prize Draw
18/04/2008 21:43:00
 I'm in please
Thread: Typhoon Build
08/10/2007 00:03:00

"I realise there are problems with the free plan and presume a new plan is shipped with the cnc pack.

Cheers

Steven"

What problems?  Can't see anything on the home page or the "Special" web page: http://www.modelflying.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/286/v/1/sp/

Thinking about this as a winter build.

Pete

Thread: October issue feedback
10/09/2007 23:07:00

I didn't realise you used a proof reader

To be honest, anyone who followed that link without realising the error probably needed cheering up!

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us