By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ceejay

Here is a list of all the postings ceejay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
06/11/2019 09:02:27

I read this as I dont have to do the online stuff, having a BMFA B

taken from BMFA site, and I know LMA have issued similar info, so praps I am/will be on the data base twice cool

" where a UK model aircraft association already has an established and CAA reviewed ‘competency scheme’, members who hold an appropriate achievement certificate or award (such as the BMFA ‘A’ certificate) will also be exempt from having to undertake the online education training and test. "

cp

Thread: Ashbourne 2019
28/10/2019 20:37:00

Thanks for feedback peeps

sat here on the lizard listening to the weather trying to batter is way into our little rented cottage so doing some catchup

ta for cake Lindsay even though by time I got back to catering it had all mysteriously disappeared

the consensus seems to be to not change a lot if anything so roll on next year.

i will endeavour to get dates online earlier as this year I was very late but in my defence I had been a poorly person for some weeks prior to remembering to actually do something

so what about a bit earlier in Oct say the 4th or 11th do these clash with anything I need to factor in

chris

24/10/2019 11:30:35

Hello All

post event chatting to various people trying to workout why the attendance dropped dramatically this year, quite a few on list missed it, which meant that for the first time ever we made a loss on the day, Cheffy John and myself, but mainly john finances the food, not the club, this is the main reason for a list of peeps before hand so we can purchase the food accordingly, we went home this year with lots not eaten,

So the club sec asked me "is it the time of year" should we be looking at earlier date, now this would mean early in year ie May or June,

should it be a fly in rather than a scale one,

what about a warbirds scale day ...

all these have been suggested in past but i personally like the scale day as it is something a little different,

or is it time to call it a day do folks not want to travel so much anymore,

so thoughts please,

one last thing

my personal thanks to John the Cheff for his efforts without him doing the catering bit it would not happen,

thanks to Geoff for the gate duties,

Richard for the loan of the genny,

and once again thanks to all attendees hope you all had a good day

chris

Thread: DB 60" Sopwith Pup
23/10/2019 11:08:30

hi geoff

I use the above method from Mcg 6969 I have jigs made specifically for 1/4 and 1/3 scale stitching all my 1/3 stuff uses it

here on a wing 1/3 scale paneldh covering 2013-04-10 012.jpg

23/10/2019 08:25:25

thank you all who braved the terrible weather (see pics) devil

thanks martyn and Gordon for your kind comments

we were few but big on enjoyment

chris

19/10/2019 23:21:21

Cars packed Check

cheff booked. Check

weather booked. Check

warm coat sorted

see yo-yos all tomorrow

chris

18/10/2019 09:35:52

As promised

for all especially all you first timers

how to find us

post code is DE6 1LR

address is

Ladyhole Lane Ashbourne Derbyshire

you will turn into this lane off the A52 you then pass the thatched cottages on the left proceed to the second set of double gates in the airfield perimeter fence,they are at the end of the old runway, if you are after 10 am then the gate may well be locked with two locks the one you need to open is the small 3digit coded one code for the day is 109 please put it back on properly after you’re in

if yo get to a large holiday complex on your right along this lane Ladyhole House you need to turn around

see you all sunday

18/10/2019 09:23:16

Helloooo

well it is. ON. Charge up pack your toys and get over

food ordered, cheff booked. Same setup as before gates open 8am breakfast from 9 ish flying starts at 10

so if you are not on list don’t panic we have space and you will have a good day

all flying off the peg all we ask is that like types fly together ie elec ww1 ww2 etc,

i am bringing a glider tug should anyone need it

will post access details for any newcomers

see you all Sunday

chris

15/10/2019 08:27:23

yup long range weather for area shows dry on Sunday but cold so pack a warm coat

chris

12/10/2019 08:41:31

I hope everyone’s ok with the delay to flyin

all organising has shifted ti next week

and weather booked

see yo soon

chris

11/10/2019 11:01:24

Hi all

sorry to be bringing unwelcome news but even this early on Friday having e mailed club sec at Ashbourne the weather is set to be poor shall we say. Wot that means in real terms is high winds and heavy rain showers forecast for most of the weekend

so postponed until the 20th

i hopeyou all are ok and this reserve date has worked well for us in past years, please let anyone who may not see message

upside is list is still open so bring more mates

thank peeps

chris

Thread: Model flying photos you're proud of
10/10/2019 08:22:11

Taken At Ashbourne Scale Day IIRC by friend and fellow ashbourne clubmate Dave Probert my (then owned by Ian Redshaw) 30% scaleTiger Moth in the evening sun, love the plane and photo

tiggie.jpg

09/10/2019 08:53:31

a quick heads up peeps

keep yer eye on here getting local weather updates from site (well nearby) from club sec and so far its not good the long range is giving a wet front moving right through us on sunday and those of you who know Ashbourne is/was the highest RAF base in England and is subject to some extremes of weather and a very local climate ,if i had to put a number on it its 50/50 currently the front is supposed to clear through by mid of next week (met say 10 days) which would put the clear if cooler weather just right for the 20th so all is not lost.

the day should pan out as follows whenever it happens.

gates open 8am manned until 10 am

kitchen opens for tea and butties

gates close (coded lock for day visitors 3 digit one code 109, the 4 digit one is club members)

flying commences following the briefest of briefings

continues all day

flying ceases when its to dark/cold/wet to see or do or 6 pm

go homelaugh

chris

final decision by Friday evening

chris

23/09/2019 19:07:42

Hi all

list so far looking good room for more

foor any new flyers tempted here’s a few details,

we hav a large patch comprising of a good tarmac runway and a grass patch so all types catered for

we have no size limit

any power source, just let me know if you are bringing a jet,

this is a scale flyin, we are open to any scale model from foamy to museum class.

no competition just flying

food and drink available all day

flying will start at 10 am and continues until 6pm or dark whichever arrives first

ask any questions will do me best to answer

ask anyone that has been before

we are so laid back we are nearly horizontal

chris

17/09/2019 11:50:59

awoo and a hoo welcome all

chris

17/09/2019 09:31:35

considerallon list

cheers folks

spread the word we have loads of space, no size restrictions no power plant restrictions, although if you are tempted to bring a jet please let me know. both types of runway i.e. grass and hard surface

chris

Thread: Well this could get interesting
12/09/2019 15:13:16

on Tuesday on Victoria Derbyshire show (I think) there were two of these so called "protestors" sitting smirking whilst miss Derbyshire interviewed them along with passengers who should be flying out this weekend, I could only stand 5 mins before the two protestors got boring, one even stated that she could not actually fly a "drone" but was going to learn before Friday hmmm she was very good at droning on,

I decided a visit to the shed was in order before I threw something at my new telly box

chris

Thread: New Model Show
12/09/2019 12:53:01

Hello one and all

just a very last min plug for a new show that is on this weekend darn sarf

This new event is on this weekend and seeing as the weather is set to be really good I thought a last min plug cant do any harm

where is it its here at Stow Maries WW1 aerodrome and museum well worth a look

**LINK**

go on here and see events for full details

but from a personal perspective I can say well worth a visit, the museum is growing every year with interactive displays and a WW1 simulator to have a play in, good facilities, food and drink with the added attraction for the first time a large scale model event ticket are available online

cheers

chris

12/09/2019 08:36:25

hi tim

well done that man

yoo is on me list

Tim Hooper,

Martin Harris

Cymaz

Ultymate

Geoff Sleath

are all of you replying to thread attendees I do hope so

chris

11/09/2019 08:46:51

Hi peeps

apologies for the shorter notice than usual but been ill and not concentrating on things toys wise soooo the date/dates are confirmed

13th October or in the case of inclement weather the 20th

same system as always reply to thread and I will include you in list same rules as always ie not many

so note it and sign up

free oatcake to the first one !!!wink

chris

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us