By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jon Laughton

Here is a list of all the postings Jon Laughton has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019.
02/11/2019 11:55:48

Very disappointed but proud to be an Englishman

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
03/10/2019 14:10:12

img_7413.jpgSomething different and rare: a Blackhorse Fairey Albacore - OS91FX fitted instead of a 75. Bags of power...

Thread: Have You Ever Noticed...
24/09/2019 10:37:10

That's a great looking Hurricane Trevor - well done! For me it is the quality of the finish rather than the colour scheme that is most important

Thread: The Repair Shop
31/08/2019 15:20:27

Yes we watch it - it is fascinating and there is an aerial shot int he opening credits of an open area next to the location that seems to have a pilots box in it although I suspect it is for horse dressage or something like that

Thread: Best Dremel Clone
07/08/2019 00:26:34

I bought a Maplins clone about three years ago to replace an old Dremmel that had died but at higher speeds the vibrations the clone created were quite unpleasant so I reverted back to a new corded Dremmel and then bought a cordless one too!

15/07/2019 17:29:10

Maidened today: Sebart Katana 120 size - powered by an OS 120AX. Four flights - flew beautifully!img_7164.jpg

Thread: Field boxes
09/07/2019 22:47:34

Can’t disagree with the comments above; I still have a power panel but rarely use it. Instead I have a Prolux rechargeable fuel pump, rechargeable glow sticks and a rechargeable Align starter.....however the tools, fuel & spares I carry are used by me and pals on the flightline

Thread: Car indicators
05/07/2019 23:17:27

Back to the OP - yes Martin and not just BMWs!

At the risk of being Victor Meldrew I see more and more cars parked on double yellow lines and/or blocking a junction or worst of all on zig zag lines near a pedestrian crossing...police cars go sailing by probably because they have more important business 🤔

Last year one rainy evening Whilst waiting for a taxi near Twickenham a car pulled into a supermarket disabled spot - the passenger got out to buy what turned out to be booze...The driver a young woman who remained in the car failed to display a blue badge so I shook my head silently in disgust. This provoked a tirade of abuse from her and the excuse that she was “very heavily pregnant “.... my wife then told her in no uncertain terms that was not a disability but to no avail and we were then subjected to abuse from the passenger as she returned with her cider and Prosecco...men died for these idiots and their bad manners on the Normandy beaches 75 years ago.....enough said

03/07/2019 16:22:33

Maidened today a Sebart 50E PC 21 powered by an inverted OS 81 alpha F/S; just a few clicks of trim and she flew very well although inverted in a half cuban seemed to stress the engine so the plumbing needs checking. Landings were slow enough not to require the recommended flaperon dialled into my Tx. A very nice model indeed

PC 21 image.jpg

Thread: Local club attendance
01/07/2019 10:54:51

Yep that was the case with our club and now there are no club meetings save for the occasional special one and the AGM

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
24/06/2019 12:55:21

OK thanks for your help David

24/06/2019 12:55:18

OK thanks for your help David

24/06/2019 10:52:15

It's hard to remember exactly but I am pretty much sure that the payment was not made through model flying website rather through the mytimemedia website as this was referenced in the paper reminder I received

Hope this helps

24/06/2019 10:35:35

HI David

Via PayPal online on 22nd May...transaction record available if required

Thanks

Jon

23/06/2019 09:20:34

Thanks David

22/06/2019 14:40:38

Just re-subscribed for a year's printed& digital subscriptions: when trying to view the digital version on line I get an error message: "bad referrer'? Anyone know how to overcome this?

Thread: Need help to identify plants
19/06/2019 09:57:03

Definitely Snapdragons: put them in a sunny spot, dead head them regularly and they will power until the frosts in Autumn

Thread: Weston Park Worth the Risk of Showers?
14/06/2019 21:30:12

Fantastic day there today - minimal disruption from the odd drop of rain. Some really amazing flying and a good trade presence....what more could we want?

Thread: What BMFA Flightfest is all about
15/05/2019 10:15:43

Great pictures and a successful idea to boot! Well done Andy

Thread: Suitable caption?
12/05/2019 10:37:59

Well the Club Chairman did say to take it easy after my op...

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us