By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tom Ruut

Here is a list of all the postings Tom Ruut has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Some questions about some of the Trainer aircraft available
17/07/2007 23:33:00
I flew for many years with a bog standard Futaba Attack set.The only feature was servo reversing.It is too easy to be seduced by the fancy computer radios that are just bristling with switches and knobs that most flyers will never need.
Thread: Just starting out and have some questions..
17/07/2007 06:22:00
Right handers fly Mode 1,lefties fly Mode 2.Easy !
Thread: Some questions about some of the Trainer aircraft available
17/07/2007 06:07:00
Years ago when I learn't to fly it was on a 7 cell electric glider.There is far less drama than a 40 size trainer.You throw it to take off,you land where you land.You are flying independently far sooner.
Thread: Astro Hog
14/07/2007 01:14:00
I am finishing my second Astro Hog and need advice on an engine.THe original flew with a Veco 19 which I find hard to believe.I am thinking about a 2 stroke 60 as in the previous one used a 4 stroke Saito 65 and I want a bit more grunt.Any thoughts out there in balsaland?
Thread: What's the most useful item in your workshop?
14/07/2007 01:04:00
Plastic syringes are great for injecting epoxy into hard to get spaces such as hinge slots.You only need 0.1ml per hinge.
A mitre box and a gadget called a Mitremaster are great for building old timer style planes.
A Powerfile is made by Black and Decker in OZ and has a sanding belt 1 cm wide,makes sanding a zip but be super careful on balsa.It turns balsa to dust in a nanosecond.
Thread: astro hog
11/07/2007 23:44:00
Hi Brian,
I have the SIG plan for the Hog.The are 2 configs for the u/cart.There is a trike and taildragger layout.Which do you want?There is a separate strut in each wing with a torsion bar set up,it makes for very stable landings..Long live the Astro Hog!
Thread: Securing Cockpit Bubble?
10/07/2007 07:25:00
You can also get away with clear hinge tape,it is light and simple.
Thread: Toy Pilots
10/07/2007 04:02:00
Does anyone know where to get a pig pilot for my Astro Hog?
Thread: Blue Bird .46
04/07/2007 06:49:00
I agree with the other guys that another stock muffler is sure to fit as many engines are copies of existing ones.At the worst you may need an adapter plate.I had a Bluebird 25 which ran like a clock for years and years.
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!