By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Geoff Peacock

Here is a list of all the postings Geoff Peacock has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cockpit Instrumentation
13/12/2009 16:20:12
Hi Alan,
I might be a bit late, but have you tried Fox transfers at www.fox-transfers.co.uk
They do 7mm railway transfers. If they haven't got what you want, you can make your own using Crafty Computer paper from craftycomputerpaper.co.uk They make inkjet transfer sheets in A4 size - either see-thru or with  a white backing. Any PC or Apple drawing programme (or a reasonable scanner) will help you to produce what you want.
Geoff 
Thread: Ladybird 2
11/12/2008 22:59:00
I hate to send you to another forum, but have a look at this if you still want to build a Ladybird. I've just started one myself (normal size) - parts cut out and ready to start gluing. http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,36786.msg388214.html#msg388214 Geoff
Thread: A question for beginners
06/09/2008 00:55:00
Like so many others on this forum, I returned to flying after 40-plus years in the wilderness of model railways (I last flew F/F and C/L as a lad in 1962). I came back purely on a whim whilst driving along one balmy summer's evening in Upper Wharfedale, North Yorkshire (my home), thinking how nice it would be to have a glider floating round in the sky. These thoughts prompted me to buy a 'vintage' powered glider kit (Precedent Hi-Fly) and a 2nd hand Cox .049 from the great God Ebay - and so the seed was well and truly sown again. That was almost 3 years ago; the glider is still in one piece (I can fly this locally from a friend's moorland field) and I have now advanced to a Uno-Wot with an SC-32 up front. Building the Uno finally pushed me into joining a club, but the isolation of my home means quite a long journey to the club's patch at Keighley (over in WEST Yorkshire). Joining the club gave me access to some great new friends with a common interest, but most of all it got me an instructor (Hi Harry), without whom the Uno would still be in the workroom, unflown. Unfortunately, my visits to the patch are few and far between, in part due to the weather this summer, but also due to fuel costs and available free time, which means that advancement in my flying skills is almost non-existent, despite my efforts under Harry's guidance. The one thing I hate doing is having to ask other fliers for assistance at the patch, knowing that they've come to fly their own models. So I thought, what about a simulator? As a committed non-believer when it comes to PCs and the dreaded Windows system, I have always been, and always will be an AppleMac man, but I can't find a SIM which will accommodate the Mac system. So what do I do? The simple answer is... I read as many books and magazines as possible, keep tabs on the many forums (fora?) on t'internet, plus... build more models! I am just starting on a Keil-Kraft Ladybird which will have 3-channel R/C fitted (thanks to Peter Miller's book), and have already started a collection of plans for 'future reference'. I can't ever see myself flying anything which ballet dances its way around the sky at high speed, so I'm concentrating my efforts on things like Austers, Beavers and the like - in fact I'm looking for a copy of the old Aeromodeller plan for a 60" span DH-C2 Beaver. Anybody got one? So for now I just keep banging away at reading, surfing the web and building, hoping that sooner or later (probably the latter) I'll become proficient enough to chuck something into the sky without assistance. One thing is certain - I'm back, and I'm here to stay!
Thread: local sites
05/09/2008 23:42:00
Hi Mike, I'm over at Grassington and fly with Keighley club (West Yorks). If you go to the BMFA website, they have a list of clubs. Go to http://www.bmfa.org/clubs/clist.php put your county (N. Yorks) into the selection box and you'll probably find what you're looking for. You've got clubs in York, Harrogate, Nidderdale, Catterick and Tadcaster and more. Hope that helps. Cheers! Geoff
Thread: The September Grand Prize Draw
05/09/2008 23:31:00
Never mind personal birthdays, etc., this aeroplane's just as old as I am. That must be worth celebrating with a win.
Thread: The August Grand Prize Draw
03/08/2008 22:46:00
Me please - because I'm worth it.
Thread: The May Grand Prize Draw
04/05/2008 15:13:00
Didn't win the April draw, so this month it must be my turn. Even though I can't fit it in my miniscule workshop, I'll still accept it gracefully.
Thread: What fuel & prop please...
01/05/2008 23:38:00
John, Like you, I am building a Uno Wot, although it is now virtually finished. I covered it with SolarTEX all over, even though Chris Foss' instructions said to use SolarFILM on the wings and 'TEX on the fuselage. I did this on the advice of a couple of club members, bowing to their many years' experience and I was amazed to find how easy it was, but I must advise you to follow Solartex's instructions on how to apply it onto sheeted surfaces. I was worried about getting the veneered foam wings getting to hot from the iron, but everything went OK - just follow the instructions. Note that if you use the method for open frame construction when covering sheet, you're heading for trouble. I have used SolarFILM previously on an open frame glider and the two methods are very different. I found Tex to be much easier to handle on sheeted surfaces. I hope you haven't started covering yours yet and that this advice doesn't come too late. I wrote my build up on the April edition of "Modelflight" e-magazine on the net if you would like to have a look - it's a great monthly mag. Find my article at http://www.modelflight.regheath.com/mf131/workshopset.htm The article covers the build only, as I hadn't started the covering when I wrote it. I based the build on the basis of " Make it just as the instructions", but deviated in one or two instances. Mine has an OS 25 fitted; advice I got is to use a 9 x 6 Master Airscrew prop for general flying. I hope that this helps you with your Uno. Good luck with it, and good flying. Hopefully, mine will make its maiden flight next week (weather permitting). Cheers, Geoff
Thread: Aeromodeller Plan - DH Beaver
09/04/2008 00:05:00
Many thanks Neil. Please email me on geoffpeacock@macace.net for full address.
Thread: Pick a plane 2008
04/03/2008 17:38:00
It's got to be the Lysander!
Thread: The March Grand Prize Draw
04/03/2008 17:36:00
Didn't win the last one - how about this time?
Thread: The February Grand Prize Draw
04/02/2008 23:09:00
It's time I won something...
Thread: Aeromodeller Plan - DH Beaver
25/06/2007 20:18:00
I'm Looking for a copy of the Aeromodeller Plans Service DH Beaver. It was published late 50s/early 60s as a 60" span free flight model for (I think) a 2.5cc engine. Anyone out there able to help? Any costs will be reimbursed. Thanks,
Geoff
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!