By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for NigelH

Here is a list of all the postings NigelH has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Why might I want a Dremel?
09/08/2013 21:49:15

Recent uses for me

• trimming landing gear struts
  • trimming servo mounting lugs
  • Shortening motor shafts and cleaning up the threaded end afterwards

Thread: Ebay sellers...
05/08/2013 16:34:40

How much ?

Note the seller's name wink

Thread: used planes
27/07/2013 14:59:05

BMFA Classifieds

Thread: Seagull yak 54 C of G ????
14/07/2013 15:18:51

Look here and here for the correct info.

Thread: E-flite Hawker Hurricane chat
13/07/2013 21:07:55

If the E-Flite 10-15s in the PZ P-47 are anything to go by, you may well have room to adjust the retracts before you tighten the screws. The holes in your retracts may also be generous.

Thread: Turnigy Motor
13/07/2013 21:01:39

That's ok.

I thought the same when they opened the UK warehouse. Why start again ?

Here's another tip. If you want to see the international listing, click on International Warehouse just above the price.

Thread: Robotbirds/BRC
13/07/2013 20:42:02

He's gone back to Hong Kong.

They're advertising more posts there at the moment. I've worked in the Far East myself and I'm sure it would be great working in HK.

Thread: Turnigy Motor
13/07/2013 20:36:07

Find it in the international warehouse and look at all of the reviews. Then you will see comments on props and power.

13/07/2013 09:24:30

What I don't think we can ignore is the fact that if you select GBP for the pricing, that's what you see right through to order placement. For example, a GBP price is shown even at the point where the shipping cost has been added. For me, if it says £45 at that point, they should charge you £45 and not £50 regardless of exchange rates. I wonder how Trading Standards would view this approach.

I know that he doesn't have to and like everyone else probably has a load of other things to do but Scott hasn't answered my PM from a few days back either.

Thread: E Flite Notice
13/07/2013 09:19:47

They're being very reasonable. When that model came out, most ESCs only had a 1.5A or 2A BEC. As they say, small 7.5g servos were ok with that but the 'mighty mini' size servos used in models like yours are bigger and draw more current. The BEC that they recommend is not their own. Their later ESCs have more powerful BECs so you're unlikely to see warnings like that with the newer models.

12/07/2013 17:34:33

Good for you.

What I'd like to know is why Hobby King charged me about an extra £5 in the PayPal invoice for a UK warehouse purchase. This is quite a high percentage of the supposed price and although the HK and PayPal invoices match in terms of dollars, it looks like HK are using quite different exchange rate compared with PayPal. I believe that someone else has previously mentioned this on here.

Thread: S.M.C.
09/07/2013 11:26:17

I think that you'd be hard pressed to do better than what SMC offer in terms of customer service.

Thread: Where to put Battery on seagull decathlon 0.46 glow
24/06/2013 18:24:10

Maybe you were meant to put the battery in before you put the tank in ?

As above, the battery is good for adjusting the C of G. It can actually make quite a difference in terms of how much or little ballast is needed to get it right.

Thread: Spectrum binding problems ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
23/06/2013 17:48:43

Move the transmitter further away and try again.

Thread: SEAGULL EP PC-9 Roulette 1.3m
16/06/2013 21:50:58

Don't get me wrong. I still think that you're getting a lot of model for £61 (which is a good price for it).

I've compared it with the 40 size glow version and there's not that much between them.

I used a 2814-8T motor from BRC Hobbies with an APC 10x7E and the JP S75 servos. A word of warning. With the steerable nosewheel, you end up with five servos which is unusual for a model of this type. Many ESCs only have a 2A BEC, which is typically good for only four micro servos, although some obviously take more current than others.

16/06/2013 13:20:19

I had one of those. I only flew it once and then sold it. Didn't like the feel of it.

Those wing bolts are annoying and if you look at the manual, it looks easy as they don't have the battery tray in their model.

One of the spars was broken. I was expecting to have trouble swapping it but when a wing was taken out of another kit, the spar was broken in the same place on that one as well.

Thread: New Ripmax Jive
30/05/2013 17:29:54

Sussex is now selling them for eighty quid.

Thread: Plastic Clevis Query
28/05/2013 18:09:24

I'd say that the usual way is to screw them onto threaded ends but there are some types that have to be soldered on.

Thread: servo connecting problem...I think
27/05/2013 20:35:58

You also need to slide some small pieces of fuel tubing over the clevises to ensure that they can never open up without your say so. While you're at it, you should twist around the plastic torque rod fittings so that they're in line with the clevises and the control rods. As you have them, they're splaying apart the clevises which is the last thing that you want to do (see above).

Thread: E-flite Apprentice S - newly updated with a panic button
27/05/2013 08:27:22

I think that you'll find that they're at Eli Field

It looks like a great place to fly and I think that you'll find that the US Horizon Hobby plane demo videos are mostly filmed there.

With regards the technology, Horizon Hobbyist is once again leading the way. AS3X recently and now this.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us