By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for NigelH

Here is a list of all the postings NigelH has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New lipo has pock marks in it
11/04/2009 12:24:10
I have just received a brand new lipo which has a series of pock marks down one side.  One is about 3mm x 2mm x 2mm and is over a cell, not a gap.

As I can't see inside the pack and determine the state of the cell, I'm not really comfortable with it.

I've called the vendor but got no reply.

Should I be asking them to replace it ?

I was going to upload some pics but I can't see how to do it.

Thanks
Thread: Seagull Edge 540
10/04/2009 22:16:49
Hi David

I'm down to one nitro model at the moment and have a new SC52 two stroke ready to go into something different from my Tribute 36 (with a 46LA) which isn't something to tear through the sky with. I've not had much chance to fly in recent months and wanted to get something else that wasn't too much like hard work (your comparison with the WOT 4 makes me wonder now).  I thought about another Seagull Harmon Rocket which retails for about the same money (and, as it happens, has three servos in the tail).  I've even considered a Seagull LW 40.

Nigel

10/04/2009 18:49:53
David

It's a very compementary review.  I'm very tempted and I have a brand new engine and servos ready to go in.

A few questions if you don't mind

Is it that stable at low speeds ?  It's an Edge 540 !

It looks like some people have filled in the top of the engine box.  Would you bother with that ?  Maybe the bay is even needed for the nicad ?

The servos are not in the tail which seems a little odd.  Are the back end linkages slop free ?

I reckon that the tank is pretty modest.  I've read that a Dubro 8oz will go straight in or a 10oz will with some Dremel work.  The latter seems like hard work.  What do you reckon ?

Thanks

10/04/2009 13:48:13
Wheres the video for this cover review model ?  I'm sure that it was supposed to be in the video section but I can't find it.

Any of the free plan foamy ?

Thanks

Thread: Taking apart an old Towerpro 2408-21T brushless
10/04/2009 10:03:16
Unless the other person's found the new shaft

10/04/2009 00:14:18
Ask him if he's found the new one that he said he'd got

Thread: Seagull pc 9 Electric
02/04/2009 23:13:14
I'm sure that David is mistaking the PC-9 EP with the Spacewalker EP.  That 'term' he used has put me off buying one ever since, especially as my buddy quotes the 'term' from the magazine if the SW gets mentioned.

I've had the PC-9 and it's good value for money but I didn't like the way it flew and sold it after one flight.  Call me simple but the rolls weren't axial enough for me but then I like aerobats.  I should have held back.

A few comments about the PC-9 EP.

I've seen the nitro version and there's not a lot between the two in terms of fuselage size.

When I was building mine I noticed that one of the spars was pushed in.  I  returned it to the store expecting them to be dubious about it being like that when I got it but when they opened another one it had the same problem.

In the manual they show someone tightening the thumb screws which hold the wings on.  That's naughty because they manage to exclude the battery tray in their pic which stops your own fingers from getting in there.

I used the 2814-8T combo from BRC (about £35) and a 2200 3S lipo for about 300W which is a good match for it, the Decathlon EP (every bit as good as the RCM & E review says), the E-Flite Taylorcraft, etc.

You can use a fifth servo for the nosewheel - use a UBEC if your ESC can't do more than 2A.

If I saw another one in a store, I may well pick up another.  There's maybe nothing else to beat it for the money.

Thread: Decent model in or near Salford ?
18/03/2009 20:36:15
Ehh, that should be 'model shop'

Thanks

Edited By Nigel Hunter on 18/03/2009 20:37:23

Thread: JP PIPER CUB J3 ARTF (40 SIZE)
14/04/2008 23:01:00

Anyone seen or had one of these ? Any good ?

Thanks

Thread: Hand Launching
13/07/2007 15:44:00
With a gentle push from the back of the fuse my brushless E-Flite P47 climbs out very well indeed. I've also seen someone else do it on YouTube
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us