By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gary Collis

Here is a list of all the postings Gary Collis has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Elevator Trim
19/04/2009 17:35:50
Hi

Well, I moved the battery to the rear a little and it made no difference - I still needed up trim.

The really strange thing was when inverted it needed up elevator to maintain level flight and not down. I must admit, I only had one flight today and will double check later in the week and do the "diving" test.

Thanks for the input so far.

Gary

PS - Timbo, nice of you to say so!

18/04/2009 20:14:26
Hi

Well I balanced with an empty tank and used a jig made out of copper tubing which allows me to balance the plance. As below, albeit with a different model:

I moved the battery etc until it balanced level at the mid point of the recommended range.

Gary
17/04/2009 22:35:08
Thanks for the replies gents.

I'll move the CofG back a bit and she what effect the has. I will also look at the thead you mentioned. Thanks again.

Gary
16/04/2009 19:27:58
Hi

In order for my plane (a large Yak) to fly straight and level I am required to hold in up elevator. When trimmed there is a few degrees of up elevator required.

My question is what could be causing this? The engine has no down thrust (as specified) and the CofG is as per the recommendations.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Cheers

Thread: The August Grand Prize Draw
07/08/2008 16:21:00
I'm in!
Thread: The May Grand Prize Draw
02/05/2008 23:02:00
Consider my hat in the ring!
Thread: Tony Nijhuis 63" Spit
09/08/2007 21:57:00
OK - for those who may be interested I have started a build thread on our club website:

www.chinglemfc.co.uk

You will fond it under the News section and Items of Interest

Cheers

Gary
04/08/2007 19:31:00
Hi

Was about to start a build thread on this forum but have decided against it.

Don't like the fact I have to upload my images to seperate server first and paste the url into the post. Also, there is no preview option.

So, for those who are interested I will add the thread to my club website and add a link once I have done so.

Gary

26/07/2007 11:48:00
Hi Graham

Sounds like I will end up with a very similar setup to you. I did get the cnc pack - which when I added on the cost of the "additional" wood pack found to be quite an expensive combination.

Anyway, I have started and got the wings about ready for sheeting.

Like you, I am not sure what to cover it with but am leaning towards the epoxy/glass solution. Film always tends to wrinkle in hot weather and if it is a painted surface I am worried the paint may crack.

David, I may well start a blog - once I have figured out how to!
22/07/2007 19:16:00
Hi

I have just started to this model and was wondering if anyone has as yet posted a "build thread" with pictures?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us