By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Phil Claridge

Here is a list of all the postings Phil Claridge has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: transit door mirror
16/04/2015 12:13:06

i leave my transit camper van on the road, as i have nowhere else to park it.yesterday i went out to put something in it and noticed some one had clipped the off side mirror knocking the glass out and it smashed on the roadteeth. i've lost count how many mirrors i've lost over the 30 years i have been here. my road is a main route out of town. but this time was differentsurprise, last night about 9 30pm the missus took a phone call, it was from the bloke who had hit the mirror, he said he was very sorry and he would bring me round £20 to pay for it todaysurprise, he has just called round with money and apologised we shook hands and he left.it has restored my faith that there are some honest folk still out there. he got my number from a for sale sign on the van

regards phil

Thread: Ebay sellers...
11/04/2015 12:15:44

david, i crashed the hiboy by trying a 100ft loop with only 75ft of air spaceblush. that mds powered at least three other models later on. must have been the only good un they madewink

07/04/2015 09:10:47

i crashed a highboy in to a field of maize near fully grown, the mds 40 kept running for ten minuites till we found the planewink

Thread: What's in your attic
02/04/2015 10:37:00

between 45 to 60 built or semi built models and bits and pieces, has central heating tv and computer, proper stairs but only 6ft 2in headroom, best of all its mostly swimbo freewink, bad point is its above first floor flat so long trips to load up for flyingcrying

Thread: Does anyone know what make this is ?
27/03/2015 09:51:22

falcon aviation 5in dia ball bearing wheels look right, and work well on long grass or tarmacwink

Thread: Be afraid, be VERY afraid
18/03/2015 19:38:04

my brother had a 3s 2200mah lipo combust in an ammo box on the way home, all he noticed was a funny smell

he did not realise the lipo had gone up till he got home. the ammo box had no holes or any ventilation

guess he was very luckywink

Thread: black horse cub
14/03/2015 17:56:51

hi bob, motor is soaking in tub of old fuel just starting to turn over stiffly. all controls and radio gear now charged and working. just got to clean and patch a few tears to wings and fusalarge and two breaks on the rudderindecision

think i will keep this for a season if it fly;s well. will change all plumbing just to make sure all is wellwink

if os40 no good have choice of os40 or 46 lA IRVINE 40 OR 46 OR CHOICE OF 3 54FOURSTROKES

13/03/2015 11:36:10

went to our club auction last night. the cub came up for sale .proceeds were going to charity, no bids were forthcoming so i offered 10quid to get it started, lot was to be withdrawn when the seller said sell it oh dearsad i already have 3 cubs, the model needs a bit of tlc but it is complete with all radio and servoes,os 40fp engine gummed up solid, sky sport 6a tranny still has charge so fitting new reciever battery today and see if all is in order. got to get this cub up and running and out the door quickly as i've got no room left to store any more planeswink

Thread: Well it is IC but hasn't flown so far!
08/03/2015 10:43:10

jumped on the back of a squarial to show a bloke where the motor bike shop was 16 miles away. didnt know him from adam, he was inn a hurry and it made for a interesting ride including hitting a steep winding hill at 90 mph. i didnt stop shaking for the rest of the dayindecision

Thread: Electric trail-riding - its the future!
01/03/2015 08:49:59

my dad once rode one of the old mini motor bikes from hornchurch in essex to bognor regis in sussex (90 odd miles). took him more than 12 hours in pouring rain. the bike was made to take the mini motor and had a big thick tire on the back wheel. the bike and motor survived in my dads shed untill he died he would never thow anything away. it was thrown away with about 3 tonnes of other scrap metal about 14 years ago

Thread: What model did you use ?
01/03/2015 08:04:21

i passed mine 220 miles away from home turf,was told get your model ready your doing your a test. did not know the examiner very well i had only met him once before. model was a thunder tiger trainer with OS40

Thread: No wonder model shops are closing down.
22/02/2015 11:34:40

me too, sunny west sussexwink some times with beardlaugh

Thread: What is the best tool in your workshop
10/02/2015 10:14:24

best tools are 8 fingers and 2 thumbsyesnowink

Thread: Rc flying commandments
10/02/2015 10:02:37

thou shalt not continue to break thy brothers flask's (3 so far)blush

Thread: Am I Being Followed?
05/02/2015 12:11:54

the car was great fun (drove like a go cart with 600cc engine) and i did have big earsblush. my nickname at onetime was buggsie. was once called wingnut by a numpty who then regretted it painfullywink happy days

05/02/2015 11:46:56

did any one ever drive the fiat gamine, it was a convertable 500 that looked like noody;s car. two people could pick it up and stuff it in any small gap. i'm 6f 1ih and drove it with my head above the windscreen and the steering wheel between my legs.laugh

Thread: This is what a rudder's for....!
03/02/2015 12:11:57

how do get reverse gear stevo?wink

Thread: Am I Being Followed?
03/02/2015 11:16:43

i have fond memories of a fiat 500, when a young lady said it was too smallblush

Thread: All of the monkeys ain't in the zoo.
15/01/2015 11:05:30

a newbie brought along a president hi boy and asked one of us to fly it, the instructor who was to fly it wisely decided to check it out before flying it all control surfaces were just pushed on no glue anywhere wings tail fin and and stabaliser were all bereft of glue. we think he had slotted the model together then used the covering to hold it all togesadther

Thread: If you're in need of a laugh
15/01/2015 10:41:17

it would do the pilot a good turnface 7

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!