By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for thunderstreak.keith

Here is a list of all the postings thunderstreak.keith has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: a new type of competion for fun?
30/06/2013 08:11:52

Well how about a new competion? the first foto is of my topper as built and foto taken in 1980. I converted it to f/f with a cox .049 up front and a plastic pilot "chips". remember them? 2 biker cops in the usa tv series.

2nd foto is THE VERY SAME MODEL!!!! The only difference is my age and the wings and tail feathers recovered. foto taken 2013. has anyone else got a foto of the "young me and old me" holding the very same model? just for fun.

keith1980 toppertopper 20131980 toppertopper 2013

Thread: testors mccoy 049
29/06/2013 18:45:34

percy, i went off radio in the 80s when i kept crashing the damn things. thats why i like free flight now although i am much too old to chase the buggers. was thinking of going back to control line hence the purchase of this engine. i think i have a plan of a 24" mustang somewhere. i just like building these days especially the old small warbirds, you can add as much (or little) scale detail as you want and at the end of the day you have a lovely painted scale model you can hang anywhere in the house (iff your not married) and suddenly decide on a whim you want to go out and fly .

29/06/2013 09:33:40

thanks both, your right about the glow head cant find anything online, but so far the coil is glowing nice, to be honest by the feel of the engine when i turn it over it hasnt been used much. will try and get some "in focus" close up picks because i cant see where to attach a fuel line happy flying keith

29/06/2013 05:40:36

Hi all. bought this neat little engine from a junk shop for £2.50(he wanted a fiver but i said it was siezed and worth spares only) so i soaked it for 24 hrs in cellulose and freed it up. it has a nice compression with no slop so seems pretty good. whats missing please? should there be a tank attached to the back as with cox engines? or can i run a fuel line somewhere from an external tank? also what % nitro did these run on? i run my cox engines on 10%. help appreciated many thanks keith

testors 008.jpg

testors 007.jpg

testors 006.jpg

testors 003.jpg

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 30/06/2013 00:34:12

Thread: Tools you can make yourself
21/06/2013 20:51:21

kc brilliant tool your hacksaw tip. cutting slots in formers and ribs especially T/E and L/E is one of my bugbears, hate the job. so simple now cheers for thatstar

Thread: How many build projects (ARTF and trad') do you have running?
20/06/2013 17:27:22

at the last count (10mins ago) i got 6. 5 virtually comleted and 1 about 4 days old. been on stop for 2 weeks as wifey has got me painting/ wallpapering and t+g cladding. usual waste of money and time things

Thread: Weather Forecasts - Who do you believe?
15/06/2013 09:38:23

I find the farmers weather forecast site about as accurate as youll get. I normally use that 1 for inland flying but not too sure on its accuracy for coastal sites mind

Thread: mini super 60 3 channel jobby
15/06/2013 09:33:34

craigy disgust your having a laff. I may as well advertise it at £12 postage free and be done with it. have you seen the price of wood and solartex lately?sorry but It goes on ebay before I sell at your offer. £25 + postage seems more like it to me.Its been in the workshop a while I know but a few more months selling time wont hurt. no offence meant

Thread: postal rates
15/06/2013 08:59:19

yes peter but these rate increases have happened SINCE they introduced the new system!!!they are cashing in on the increased traffic of online purchasing. packaging costing more than the article inside some(most?)times. I can fit an article inside a large letter envelope total weight 600g and it costs £1.90 but because the envelope was 27mm thickness (2mm over size) I had to send it small parcel £2.60. thats for a weight of max 1kg. If that package weighed 1g over 1kg it would then cost £5.60. 1 mega rip off. no wonder they made a profit last year, first time in god knows when

13/06/2013 08:11:42

I dont know how many of you are aware but our lovely postal services have gone up in price again. I keep a copy of the post office official prices/sizes/weighyts etc. and went to use it yesterday. there it was gaone!!! always in the same place till the wife comes along. went online and lo and behold the rates have all gone up, biggest increases for smaller packages than larger. so beware take this into account when advertising. btw I never heard any announcement about this did any1 else?

05/06/2013 09:15:52

Just checked the parcelforce prices. I think I can get it boxed and padded and sent 48hr delivery for about £12. so iff anyone is still interested let me know please, Ive based this price on my post code to a cardiff post code so I dont know iff it goes up in price the further it goes or by how much. iff interested let me know your post code and I will get it on line. thanks keith

Thread: my build on a limite budget
20/05/2013 21:37:07

lol @ nice carpentry. Its coming nice so far (touch balsa, not foam) got some more fotos to post but at the moment i`m busy with the KK minimoa, nice to see some read the threads, new to this computer lark but am persevering, seem to spend too many hours looking through all the other interesting articles and next thing you know its DAYLIGHT !!!!hot

Thread: balsa stripper
19/05/2013 22:05:40

I gave up with balsa strippers, couldnt get on with them. So I bought a minicraft table saw many years back. Havnt purchased "stick" balsa since, wouldnt be without this little tool.

keith

15/05/2013 18:33:50

33 veiwings and not 1 offer. I am wondering what i did wrong. The build is fantastic chaps even though i say so myself. perhaps its due to he fact that its not plastic or foam. sorry to say this but i dont believe in that stuff any one want to make an offer?

Thread: my build on a limite budget
15/05/2013 15:25:46

I dont really know what to say except I am really chuffed to have got this far on my build of this aieroplane. It took me a while to perfect my method of covering such a large wing with a hell of a lot of undercamber. In the end it all came back to me, I built a replica wing section 12" span and went back to my old days of nylon and dope covering. after a few attempts it all came back to me. success smiley I hope you all enjoy the fotos i put up in the future as i progress happy flying all

14/05/2013 19:45:10

*****update****** I can now post this item, see post below. 

I built this from plans 2 yrs ago, only flown 4 times hence condition. It will need fitting out with your own radio gear/engine/tank also requires wheels.(removed with the idea of fitting skis when the snow fell) originally fitted with os max 15 and futaba gear. need to sell for a cash injection to finish a current job. collection only sorry, last time I sent a model parcel post royal mail wasnt too kind. minehead/somerset area. an ARTF hand built from plans for £25

mini super60

mini super60

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 15/05/2013 21:49:05

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 06/06/2013 08:59:54

Thread: wanted minimoa build instructions
31/03/2013 18:24:54

thats what I thought phil. I was 11 when I first built this, age must be telling because I dont think I had a problem reading the plan then. Trying to think what happened to it, did it fly or crash and burn? think I`ve got a total memory loss on that 1.

31/03/2013 03:05:10

thanks for the drawing phil, great help. have built 1 wing and about to start the second. was wondering about how to tackle the dihedral. I have been keeping fotos as I progress but not sure how to start a build log on here yet. once I find out I will post. Its coming nice so far

22/02/2013 13:50:11

thankyou both for your replies but it is only the written instructions I require, unless there`s someone out there who can explain the dihedral angles. looking at the profile head on it seems theres quite a bit of dihedral from the fuzzy to the next wing joint. however if you look at the plan it shows 3" total dihedral at the tip and 1 3/4" at the first break please help i`m stuck cheers keith

20/02/2013 08:03:01

KeilKraft Minimoa 50" span, will beg steal borrow buy or simply print it here, I built this kit in 1971, and at 11 year old It was the biggest kit I built. I am now having difficulty deciphering the wing dihedrals and therefore require the build instructions, I have the plan ant parts ready to make a start. Can anyone post a copy or email them to me please, will pay postage heres hoping thanks keith

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us