By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for thunderstreak.keith

Here is a list of all the postings thunderstreak.keith has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bwlchfest 2017 - A Fly for Fun slope soaring event in S Wales
10/06/2017 07:41:24

steve wont be there today arrive tonyrefail later this afternoon turning up 2moro weather permitting. is meeting point 2moro still the burgervan? cheers keith happy flying today good luck

08/06/2017 22:24:13

steve, been weather watching. doubt if i will be coming over friday for the w/e but looking at it from yer will be turning up for the sunday session. fingers crossed boyos. still looking forward to it. did you make a peg board after? keith

06/06/2017 00:58:53

steve insurance sorted, have you got a post code for the sat nav please? also is there a map or diagram i can view of the 7 slopes, i like to look at the area to get a feel of where i will be. weather doesnt look too good mind yer in somerset, hopefully there will be an improvement. looking forward to this.

01/06/2017 22:50:41

hi Steve its me again. just to let you know I will be coming and looking forward to it. sadly the reiher wont be ready but I am getting a standby ready. Just 1 other thing, my uncle has not been able to fly much lately so his bmfa ins. has lapsed he wants to know if temporary insurance can be purchased for the w/e please. he holds an A certificate for flying. many thanks keith

21/04/2017 09:07:31

Hi Steve, Although I live in somerset My uncle (tom payne, tonyrefail you may know him builder and flier for 50 years) are interested in turning up. I am currently building a dfs reiher 60 span . my reason for contacting you is can 35 meg be used or is it all that new fangled frequency only please? I have bmfa insurance. tried a470 soaring site but cant find any info on the blog. by june I should have this up and flying. all built from plans and stick and tissue. (dont you just love the smell of dope first thing in the morning) I also have a small pss but powered by cox texaco. IC allowed? your help would be appreciated. thanks keith

Thread: skyleader 35mghz conversion
05/09/2016 17:52:22

well guys took it to singers instruments, they took a look and said bin it. way too much blackwire and the plugs seem to have welded themselves to the circuit board pins. About £100 work with parts(if the plugs are available.) so ive got a lovely retro skyleader box in pristine condition for sale ready to be converted to 2.4 gig or whatever it is now. gonna stick to my futaba and hitech for now. does anyone know of a buyer? pity about that, i learnt to fly on a clubman

05/09/2016 00:35:40

HI all, many thanks for your help. sorry its been so long in replying. I have removed the old nicd packs and replaced with 2 nimh PACKS. bUT WE HAVE A BLACK WIRE PROBLEM.. Now, I am useless at soldering but attempted to solder them up to their corresponding leads inside the tranny. No joy. The voltage needle only goes to 2 on the front. How far back this black wire goes I couldnt tell you. But what we have got in this village is "singers precision instruments factory" I know a few guys working there so might have a word if one of them could take a look and replace the affected wires. Or does blackwire syndrome spread all the way through the system? If so then it looks like dead meat to me, unless I can sell a skyleader courier special as a retro for conversion. Any suggestions? cheers all

15/07/2016 16:47:51

peter,its ok, rcv pack is sorted, (sq pack fits inside the old plastic skyleader box ) the tranny though is 2 x 4.8v palts. I saw an article in model boats and apparently the charger puts two 4.8v to the tranny and a seperate lead for the rcv. but I will be charging my packs with my rcv-6sp charger. as for the black lead syndrome, have changed the rcv leads but not yet checked the tranny leads . when completed will post some fotos of an old retro working set. (hopefully)

15/07/2016 07:25:06

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I think after all this I will keep it on 35 and get 2 sqaure packs of receiver batteries to insert and see how it goes. I dont want to sell as it was given to me by uncle. Used only a couple of times in his care. Its boxed with everything in it, (skyleader stickers receipts etc.purchased from skyleader radio control in croydon 1982 for £131.40. btw I also have a full boxed set but 4 channel 27meg. also mint except batteries. But this is destined for my 1960`s veron RTTL.

When I saw in the mag about all these conversions I thought it was a simple thing of just buying a 2.4 tranny and taking all the bits out and putting it inside the set to be converted. Didnt realise you had to be an electronics wizard.sad thanks again to all for the advice, as they say if it aint broke dont touch it. Will let everyone know how I get on. keith

14/07/2016 09:14:51

thanks andy, never heard of frysky, will I be able to swap it with say a spectrum? I will want to use it with a number of planes. Also, DIY is a big no no. my idea of electrics/soldering is let someone else do it, which is why I am prepared to pay someone who knows what they are doing. cheers butty. keith

14/07/2016 08:44:50

HI all, I have the above radio set, mint condition boxed and with invoice. I have seen alot about converting these retro sets to 2.4. What I havnt seen is where to get this done and which is the best make to get it converted to. Can someone give me a company, phone no. email etc please? Also will my skyleader servos be compatible? many thanks keith

Thread: wing rib help wanted
20/03/2016 08:44:36

fredrum, tried to do it last night on half the ribs for 1 wing. face 13 more log burner kindling !!! If I pay all expenses and postage, send you the plan, would you be able to produce a set for me please? I would be most grateful as laser cutting would be far too expensive. keith

19/03/2016 13:22:14

max havnt tried to yet but will do thisw/e after rugby matt definately 1/32 thought it was a bit thin myself as the k/k minimoa was 1/16. maybe its to keep scale effect. the plan was free download from scalesoaring, follow the plans link for vintage gliders. took it to my local print shop who did it all on 220gsm paper for £12. fredrum I bolted them together with large and smallest rib in ly each side. was for a 1/4 scale minimoa and it just didnt match up to the wing plan. gave up in the end, anyway folks hopefully belair can help. 70 odd ribs is alot to do if it doesnt work out again. thanks for the comments though. keith

Thread: Six Nations Rugby Union 2016
19/03/2016 09:33:27

just been looking at my vintage frog kit from 1970, looking good it is. heinkel 111. definately a winner

Thread: wing rib help wanted
19/03/2016 09:26:48

Hi just downloaded a free plan from the scale soaring site and had it printed out. DFS REIHER 75" span by P Lewis (1959). Problem is ribs 2-31 are made by sandwich method. I have tried this on 3 previous occassions and ended up using them as kindling for the log burner. Is there anyone out there who could produce these for me (1/32 balsa) please? All expenses paid. Or is there a company anyone knows who could laser cut them if I send the plan? I am determined to build this but havnt got the confidence (or money to waste on wood) to do this myself. Hopefully someone can help. many thanks keith

Thread: re greenachres flyin 2016
13/03/2016 16:02:28

wasnt sure where to post this, 2015 flyin didnt seem to be the place. I noticed last years date was changed from june to july and I wondered if there was 1 this year as I cant find any details on the forum. I`m looking for a model show anywhere this year for a w/e. sometime in june/july with camping available. can anyone help please as we are now in march and things have to be planned (according to the mrs. that is) thanks keith

Thread: free minicraft fretsaw
24/01/2016 09:03:04

simon Its yours butty, send a pm with your address and we`ll go from there.

cheers keith

23/01/2016 06:51:18

postage will be £4.80 (unless you know cheaper) 4.8kg 48cm long 25cm wide 26cm high

22/01/2016 22:33:16

After many many years of good service I can offer the above to a good home for free. all I ask is the postage. reason being is I have just purchased the new sip 16" scroll saw with flexidrive attachment and flexi light. cant wait to try it out. the minicraft will require the 12v transformer or similar. (also advertised on model boats forum so its 1st come first served)

Thread: rcme plans service
11/01/2016 22:59:44

thanks for your help beth, v greatful, plan ordered keith (can you please close this post?)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us