By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for thunderstreak.keith

Here is a list of all the postings thunderstreak.keith has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: rcme plans service
11/01/2016 14:04:59

hi beth thanks for the reply. have sent you an email by "reply" keith

11/01/2016 09:53:25

can someone please tell me how to contact the plans supplier please?(my hobby store) I need to send them an e mail regarding a question i have on a plan i wish to order. many thanks keith

Thread: 1/4 scale Rollason Condor
31/12/2015 10:07:20

replied with details david

31/12/2015 06:33:34

offered on behalf of my uncle (not online) its 90"  span and a complete cockpit dash. As far as i know he wants £150 ono. if interested please pm me for his phone number. ( apologies, thats ROLLASON CONDOR )

Edited By thunderstreak.keith on 31/12/2015 06:34:15

Edited By thunderstreak.keith on 31/12/2015 06:39:27

Thread: autogyro plan rcme workshop special
07/08/2015 15:34:02

I just bought the "workshop special mag" (august 2015) and my neighbour has asked me to build him the panther. problem is, hes got mini radio gear and an sc12 (brand new in box). how do I go about rescaling the plan to suit the motor.? I know its not as easy as taking the motor size and reducing it to what you require (ie 25/36 down to a 12/19) and then getting a ratio for the plan. so how do I do it please? hes determined to get this engine into it. heres hoping

keith

Thread: poundland rechargeable batteries
25/07/2015 03:24:19

pack of 2 AA size fusionmax rechargeable NiMh batteries.800mah £1 happy days. just bought 12 for my (£6) 27 meg futaba attack. (its for a boat) Not sure of the life span as I only purchased them yesterday, but if I only get a hundred charges out of them its still cheaper than dry cells

Thread: wanted esc for brushed motors
01/06/2015 11:42:44

thanks for the advice guys and it has all been digested. the stuka plan is obviously a no go, I have a nice go-glow set up planned for that one. there are some nice freebee plans I have which are more sedate and obvious choices for the old brushed motors. Still trying to make a decision but it is nice to have advice that prevents a build that will only dissapoint. On the point of buying from e bay, I have had quite a few 2nd hand components from them. Onl;y to find that they dont work, just try getting back to the seller and complaining. Getting your money back from ebay/paypal complaints dept is such a long drawn out system that in the end you just bin it. I personally dont trust any R/C gear or RTF planes, simply on safety grounds. Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread and you can all look forward to a build in the very near future. I aim to show that the old system still works

Keith

31/05/2015 01:52:26

Hi guys, found the build. Something I have always wanted to do but could never find the plan. Up the attic in the dark corners of that space that hides all. A box of old plans. Aeromodeller plan no.675. A JU87D. f/f or c/l. (019 diesel f/f AM 25 c/l) 34" span. Thinking of a 380/400 size motor. rudder/elevator only. Plan originated from Michaels models (Mr+Mrs MD Hodge), 646-648 High rd. N. Fiche N.12

2 versions shown for whichever you want to build but will be doing the f/f version (looks more scale like than the c/l (wing and nose plan differ quite a bit) Quite a bit of balsa bashing involved as well, which we love anyway. canopy is going to be a challenge,however there is a note on the plan to refer to June 57 Aeromodeller for canopy moulding. If anyone has a copy I would be very grateful. Checked my archives and I only go back to 1967 earliest.

thanks go to Andy for a very prompt delivery of esc. has anyone got a view on the intended motor? Will be doing a build blog soon after checking balsa stocks. Good thing about the old plans a full list of materials is always printed at the top of the plan. Doesnt happen anymore, dont know why

Edited By thunderstreak.keith on 31/05/2015 02:07:25

31/05/2015 00:40:04

tony have sent a pm sir

28/05/2015 08:55:48

thanks for the advice steve, but as I said earlier money is very short and I already have chargers/batteries motors etc for my model boats. I cant really afford the expense of lipos/dedicated chargers and all the rest of the set up. This is purely for fun flying and balsa bashing to pass the time. And I am a great believer of "if it aint broke dont fix it" and all the electric stuff I have (all beit marine set up) is still working. You never know I may become a convert we shall see

27/05/2015 00:29:44

thanks both will check out h/k and andy I have sent a pm to you

26/05/2015 08:55:50

Has anyone got any unwanted speed controllers for brushed 380 to 600 size motors please? I am still a castor man at the moment but want to fly electric in a local field but cant afford to go to new brushless setup yet. will obviously pay reasonable costs. thanks keith

Thread: digital issue
05/05/2015 08:50:11

thanks chris, there dont seem to many reviews on ripmax is that a full list ? I was looking for the electra sport maybe it was in another mag. thx anyway

05/05/2015 08:03:25

I might be missing something here but I can access the digital issues section which show all the front covers. However I am looking for a specific article and cant remember which issue it was in. It was an old review of a ripmax product and a further article upgrading it. Is there a search box on the digital mag section somewhere? I cant seem to find one. I dont particularly want to read through every issues contents over a period of years.(it was a fair way back in time.) help appreciated thanks keith

Thread: confused by special offer subscription
30/04/2015 13:22:07

thank you wolston flier, phoned the local no. there seems to be an issue with the web site subscription reminder. as I have a d/debit mandate set up the reminder should not be there. the £12.75 is for digital and hard copies. its only £3.15 for hard copy only. everything will be sorted soon and all is now good. consider this matter closed for now. cheers keith. btw the tel no. in the advert should end in 8208.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
30/04/2015 12:24:37

ref subs problem. went to the magazine thread today and saw in red a reminder that my renewal is due 13 days time. I had the the 1st 3 mags for £1 and set up the direct debit. The promotion shows that future issues will be £3.15 each thereafter payable quarterly Which =£9.45 (3 months) however order confirmation shows £12.75 / quarter. the maths dont seem to add up.

2nd point, tried phoning the no. for subs 0844 543 820 to sort this out but the number doesnt exist

Why do I have to renew my subscription when the contract was for 12 months payable direct debit quarterly? Isnt this done automatically through my contract? If I hadnt gone to the magazine site I would never had known about this and maybe the d/debit would have come out and I wouldnt have received my magazine or had access to online digital.

If these points could be cleared up And someone email/phone me to let me know where I stand I would be very grateful many thanks keith payne.

Thread: RCM&E May 2015.
20/04/2015 13:42:14

and me stuart, rubber bands. brilliant invention kept my escapement running and hence a bit of control on my single channel oh and all my kk/veron etc flew on them weird but wonderful lengths of band. don't see many in the model shops now (the rubber, especially pirrelli) but if you take a walk down the street after mr posty has been they seem to be in abundance and free

Thread: Indoor 1/20th scale Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawk
20/04/2015 13:25:15

thanks martian, bit disappointed though, doesn't seem to be up to my usual standard and I am worried about the weight. its probably the hardest indoor flier I have built. taken a long time but I find a rest between sections is better than rushing it and totally messing it up. lower wings to be attached next. we shall see what happens there. I can forsee more problems

18/04/2015 09:10:53

some more pics. progress up to 16/04/15. gantry made from stripped bamboo bbq skewers, undercart legs added. top wings fixed. setting the dihedral as per plan was a nightmare. this is slow work.weight so far (minus lower wings) 41g without the K/K plastic wheels, 49g with wheels. looks like one will need to make some balsa wheels. this weight also includes the rubber. bit dissapointed with the weight should be lower.we live and learn

18/04/2015 09:04:57

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us